Donnerschweer: Getting Back At It

That sounds really good.
It’s hard to tell from the log. But do you in any way feel just a bit better.

I do feel better but it is hard to not be good enough to do stuff that is normally easy.

Being a pro rider and coach and farm owner come with a tough title: Jack of trades, master of the Universe. Now I am a pro couch potato or maybe that is what being normal is?

Still frustrating. The bat shit crazy person who is always up for a new trill, now can’t do much. I have to stop looking at what I used to do but I what to go back there. And I have so much stuff to do, Asking for help is not normal. And I am still 25 in my head but my body is telling me other wise.
Bad body, bad

Hey, focus on the positives. I know it’s easy to get down on yourself, but your a bad ass mtf :hugs:. Relax, I believe everything has life lessons so that’s how I rationalize shitty stuff. You’ll be fine…don’t beat yourself up! Seriously, I don’t want to see ya slip into depression cuz ya have too much to offer! For reals! So, dig DEEPand take one day or even half a day at a time. Your health is the number one thing in life so let yourself heal. Take care!

1 Like

From the outside it looks to me like a strong person, recovering from an injury who is doing whatever she can to get better. With all that hard work you will get back to being superwoman again!
Just stop being stubborn and ask for help if you need it.
I have great respect for your drive and optimism, and if you have that at 25, I don’t doubt for a second that you would stop anything short of accepting a full recovery and having your old self back!

1 Like

Love your posts!

I think I am 25 but sad but true I will be 42 this summer. But I am 25 with a shit tone of experience

2 Likes

My favorite singer made this song: From the outstanding album “Wrecking ball”

Ooops, sorry. Well then I agree. I still feel 25 stuck in an older body, lol

Not much going on.
Thursday night gym sucked. It was full of shithead.
Friday I got more needles in my leg so all I wanted to do was sleep.

Saturday empty gym!
Nice light workout
Bench press, behind neck press, renverse fly, seated leg curl, calf raise and body weight squat working on balance and knee stretch.
Fix some fences in the morning, got all the water tubs out for the horses.

And the age thing every one is talking about, I feel like the only 40 + women who still want to climb tree, try sky diving and play in the mud with my tractor

4 Likes

Ummm, no I just got a call to sub in a soccer game across town at 8:15 and I like a dumbass already rode elliptical. Ya know what, the call woke up my hubby who usually isn’t up until 3 plus hours from now, and he said sure, but it’s been raining. Mud pit soccer for me! They’re bringing me a jersey and stuff! It’s a coed A league game, my body is gonna hate me, but it’s on! Screw feeling old and being pathetic. If you don’t hear from me later, I’ll be at the urgent care center cuz my body is gonna be crying :rofl:

Oh my cardiologist is gonna get upset, too :rofl:

1 Like

Well got to work with the new coach. The guy can find all the little stuff that is not working perfectly. Like an old dislocated shoulder that never really got proper rehab.

So the next few week will be very light loads but awful hard stuff (neural work), but maybe all my pieces will be back where they should be and maybe I won’t bump into stuff.

25 years ago physio work was not very popular around here.

3 Likes

Get it girl!

Well, this morning I feel some muscles that I did not feel since november. Must be a good thing.
Today CT scan and physio and bright warm sunshine. I may go for a walk with the dog

3 Likes

Spring is here :slight_smile: Isn’t it lovely? It’s good to feel those muscles, hope things continue to go well with the new coach!

1 Like

day 2 of the new program and ortho surgeon visit
CT scan is not bad but I hate this surgeon as he does not consider soft tissues to be an issue. Today my knee is a big soft puffy and stiff mess but no pain just lost a bit of ROM.

The workout is hard all light weight slow tempo, all super set. Got fried with 20lb db doing bench work.

Got job an outdoor store and waiting on an offer at a local brewery that make very good beer. Too bad I can’t drink much.

1 Like

Day 3 of full rehab. I got toasted with light weight and slow tempo.

The knee is still swollen a bit, so more ice, some advil and poultice over night (right out from my horse stuff. Horse joint, human joint all the same, right)

Did first night at the outdoor store, very nice co workers. It will get me out of the house, so it may help my mood too.

So the next few weeks will be a change of pace, new work, new gym

2 Likes

Knee is almost back to normal just one spot on the lower lateral side. It is right over the scare that the puffiness is now.

Back to the gym, leg day will still go easy on it.

4 Likes

I’m gonna sound like a mom…don’t forget to ice afterwards…heck, don’t forget to r-i-c-e it.

1 Like

yes mom, sitting in ice and clay.

Still super light weight and I work so hard. I can see how much I was cheating not really using the left leg.

3 Likes

rehab work is now:
Feed the horses (30 slow walk with carrying stuff around)
5 minutes assault bike
3 days at the gym workout plus 3 days of just rehab stuff at home
gym day 1 week 2:
squat with 10lb plates under the heel, alternating lunges
Deadlift, single leg curl
crunches, hip bridge

No cheating the damn coach is watching closely and I get to know right a way if I lean too much on that right leg.

And I sold my last school horse, down to just 3 of my own :frowning: baby Trouble, war horse T.K and up and coming Roman. And I have not sat on a horse since the accident.

Tomorrow first full day at work at the new job and just home rehab.

1 Like