Donnerschweer: Getting Back At It

Day 3, cycle 6, week 3

My knee is not bad but there is some tenderness on some movement. It maybe due to the plate location. It bend a lot better with out weight on it.

Some 6 minutes of bike a bit faster

Assisted pull up 10-8-8-8-7 / Straight arm lat pull down 200lb 5x6
Up right row 55lb 4x6 / behind the neck OHP 35lb 4x10
Chest supported row (should be t-bar but saving the knee) 30lb db 3x6
Lying biceps curls 20lb db 6-4-4/ EZ bar biceps curls 40lb 8-8-6
Reverse preacher curls 40lb 8-5-7 / hammer biceps curls 15lb db 3x10

Tomorrow I will try some very light leg work. Going up stairs is getting easier, no much need to swing myself up, going down is still much of a control fall. First half is ok, then last bit is a drop down.
Today I can do leg extension with my foot in many different angle. Leg curl, touch the floor while standing on the bad leg and do body weight squat.

1 Like

Hey, sorry haven’t been around. How ya holding up? Take care :hugs:

First leg “work out”

Squat on 10lb plates 5x5 10lb db
Dealift 5x5 65lb / box squat 5x5 20lb
Leg curl 3x12 30lb
Calf raises 3x15 40lb

That is all I could do and stairs were hard to do after ward.
I better find an orthopedist that is more sport geared soon. The currant jerk is not cutting it. At least I would like to know what is hurting and how bad it is.

1 Like

Ouch! The reaction to the tape is a nice insult to injury.

But look at those quads! Someone has not been skipping leg day, nice work.

I have only been walking for the last 2 weeks. But thank

1 Like

Today’s project: find a new orthopedic surgeon, private or public. I don’t give a fuck anymore. As long as his/her standard or above just walking. By the way, the injury site does not hurt at all but an inch or two over it is hell.

3 Likes

Good luck! I can only tolerate doctors who understand my lifestyle.

1 Like

Found 2 possible ortho surgeons. One maybe very busy as he is the Mtl Canadien surgeon but he seem to like to work with hard headed athlete. The other one just do knee. Maybe I can see someone in not too long.

I am at the point where I don’t care if I have to pay, I am done with our useless public system.

2 Likes

So I am going with the CH ortho surgeon. August 14! If he can fix pro hockey player, he should be able to help me.

Today work out, tired, the knee wake me up early most days in the last couple weeks.

Day 1, cycle, 7, week 4

5 minutes bike, moving better

Bench press 90lb 3-4-3-3-3 / Hammer grip bench press 27.5lb db 10-10-10-10-10

Incline close grip bench 60lb 6-6-5-5 / Over head triceps extension 22.5lb db 8-8-7-6

Push up 9-6-7-5

Lying triceps extension 4x10 10lb db / Assisted dips 9-8-8-7

Mt knee got sore and cranky by the end of my evening shift. It was very slow night so that was ok.

3 Likes

I was running on fumes today so I cut the work out short. I had a crap food dinner afterward (poutine topped with bacon, chicken and onions)

Just 5 slow minutes on the bike

Assisted pull up 9-87-6 / Straight arm lat pull down 200lb 4x6
Up right row 60lb 3x5 / behind the neck OHP 40lb 3x8
Chest supported row (should be t-bar but saving the knee) 30lb db 3x6
Lying biceps curls 20lb db 6-4-4/ EZ bar biceps curls 40lb 8-8-6

It was silly customer day (friday the 13) at work, my patience was getting a bit low or it may just have been that day of the month. Whatever, I did control myself and not insult any clients. Even the one who ask for shoes that the laces don’t come out done all the time. No I did not say to learn to tie your shoes like a grown up.

1 Like

Sorry you’re having it so roughđŸ€—

Day 1, cycle8, week 4

5 minutes assault bike, moving slow but no pain

Bench press 90lb 4-4-4-3-3 / Hammer grip bench press 27.5lb db 10-10-10-8-8

Incline close grip bench 60lb 6-6-5-5 / Over head triceps extension 22.5lb db 8-8-7-6

Push up 9-8-7-5

Lying triceps extension 4x10 10lb db / Assisted dips 9-8-8-7

Calf raises 3x15 80lb
Single leg curl 3x8 15lb, that is all my left leg can do.

Wednesday I will try a leg day.
My left leg is starting to melt, I can see a clear size difference. I can wrap my hands around just above my left knee and touch my fingers. Not on the right side which is also getting smaller from not doing much.

Day off, start of week 5.

The leg felt good so I only used the bad leg to push myself up stairs, no cheating. It is weak!. There is no way I can down down stairs in full slow control. It is way too weak and it hurt past a certain flexion.

Tomorrow it is leg day.

Leg day, week 5

Assault bike 5 minutes

Squats on 10lb plates 8x bw, 8x5lb db, 2x8x7.5lb db / alternating lunges 3x12
Deadlift 3x8 65lb (sad) / single leg curls 3x8 15lb
Sit fit crunch 3x15 / reverse leg crunch 3x15 /calf raises 3x15x80lb
Leg press single leg 3x8

Spinning bike 5 40 seconds slow fast cycles

Now to get up stairs for a shower

1 Like

My legs are sore from that easy work out. I still did some rehab work before my work shift. And I do stairs one step at the time all going up with the bad legs no cheating.

That leg feel very skinny compare to the right one. I can feel my gym legging much looser in the tight and butt area.

Tomorrow I have physio in the morning and a workout after work.

1 Like

Modified day 3, cycle 8, week 5

5 minutes assault bike

Assisted pull up 9-8-7-7 / Straight arm lat pull down 200lb 4x6
Power clean 55lb 3x7 / behind the neck OHP 45lb 3x7
Chest supported row (should be t-bar but saving the knee) 32.5lb db 3x6
Lying biceps curls 20lb db 6-6-6/ EZ bar biceps curls 40lb 8-8-6
Reverse preacher curls 40lbx 10-8-8 / Hammer curls 15lbx 10-10-8

Additional leg work
Single leg press 3x5 the left leg find it very hard.
Calf raises 100lb 3x15
Leg curls 30lb 3x7 the shin muscle hurt a lot during the flexion where the plate is.

The physio worked a lot on the quad patella tendon. I need to ice it.

2 Likes

Day 1, cycle 8, week 5

5 minutes assault bike

Bench press 90lb 4-4-4-3 / Hammer grip bench press 27.5lb db 10-10-10-8

Incline close grip bench 65lb 6-6-5-4 / Over head triceps extension 22.5lb db 8-8-8-8

Push up 10-9-8-8 / BW squat 5-5-5-5 / single leg press 5-5-5-5

Lying triceps extension 4x10 10lb db / Assisted dips 9-8-7-7 /single leg curl 5-5-5-5

I still can’t feel the left leg muscle work much, The leg press is hard as hell and that is just the sled not weight on. But it is getting a bit easier to do.
I had to go grocery shopping after and could barely lift my foot off the ground so it is tired.

I dropped an other 2 lb. I did up my calories. I really want to put on muscles not loose it.

Day 2 (legs) week 5, cycle 9

7 minutes spinning bike (talked with the coach, who also had a chat with my physio)

Squats with heels on plates 5x6 10lb db
Deadlift 65lb 5x10 / Single leg press 5x6 per leg
Sit fit crunch 3x15 / funky leg raises 3x15 /calf raises 3x15 100lb

Rowing machine 6 minutes (30 second fast/30 second slow) that was easy on the knee.

The mental/emotional part is getting hard. I am getting aggressive/impatient. I can’t focus. I find this having to be quiet very stressful. I would so go for a run or do some explosive work. I even get road rage at Costco, never mind on the road. I am luck to have a big ass truck so I can’t speed so much.

1 Like

Sorry your injury is causing so much mental stress! Maybe punch a punching bag???

1 Like