Done With Whey Forever!

[quote]LS87 wrote:
l decided the other day after l finish my current supply lm not going to buy anymore,
ld rather spend the money elsewhere on training dvds/books/massages/training equipment etc and other crap.

why spend money on supps that dont seem to make any noticeable difference. there are too many other more important factors to maximise that yield more noticeable results.

the only things that lve noticed to positively affect my goals are; going to bed earlier, sleeping more, eating more fish, red meat and vegies, weekly massages,
and relaxation.

btw hows everyone going with 11T, l bet you could have made better gains maximising the free factors e.g. earlier nights, than you would with 11T [/quote]

Is this because you are paying the hyperinflated Australian prices for supplements?

[quote]derek wrote:
By the whey, I’d go so far as to say that there may be millions of people out there that consume dairy products and are allergic to them. I contend that many of them may not be aware that it’s affecting them negatively. They may blame pollen or mold or other allergins when the real culprit is an allergy to dairy.

It happens. [/quote]

Want a tissue?

[quote]LS87 wrote:

why spend money on supps that dont seem to make any noticeable difference. there are too many other more important factors to maximise that yield more noticeable results.

btw hows everyone going with 11T, l bet you could have made better gains maximising the free factors e.g. earlier nights, than you would with 11T [/quote]

It’s just whey, what are you expecting?

And no, you I don’t think I could have made better gains without 11-T in a short amount of time that is. Yes, gains can be made, it just speeds up the process IMO.

[quote]esk221 wrote:
derek wrote:
By the whey, I’d go so far as to say that there may be millions of people out there that consume dairy products and are allergic to them. I contend that many of them may not be aware that it’s affecting them negatively. They may blame pollen or mold or other allergins when the real culprit is an allergy to dairy.

It happens.

Want a tissue?[/quote]

food sensitivities/allergies are very much real and if you have developed them they won’t do any favors for body composition or muscle gain

[quote]cyph31 wrote:
esk221 wrote:
derek wrote:

It happens.

Want a tissue?

food sensitivities/allergies are very much real and if you have developed them they won’t do any favors for body composition or muscle gain[/quote]

Even if I were to develop food sens to whey, unless i can die from it, fuck it, i’d still do whey…

For the last fucking time…you can’t “develop” an allergy.

you can develop food sensitivity if you eat something too often. NOt saying it will happen for sure but i’ve seen it happen. A lot of my colleagues didn’t have latex allergies either, but after working for a few years developed sensitivity to latex.

All ball busting aside - I just realized I haven’t had whey by itself in a few months. I find the casein/whey blends to be superior as far as my goals are concerned.

[quote]Fiction wrote:
For the last fucking time…you can’t “develop” an allergy.[/quote]

Call it what you want, but whey starts to give me a noticeable itch in my throat and ears.

I never had that before and now it is an automatic reaction to protein shakes.

I do not think that I want to find out how bad this can get.

[quote]orion wrote:

Call it what you want, but whey starts to give me a noticeable itch in my throat and ears.

[/quote]

If this is the case, it’s likely all in your head.

Food sensitivities do exist, but a lot of people seem to be overreacting to the idea of having them.

After all, they need some excuse as to why they haven’t been getting better results.

You can most certainly exceed an allergen threshold which leads to an allergic response.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:

After all, they need some excuse as to why they haven’t been getting better results.[/quote]

Well, today is the day that I will mark down on the calendar… The day I read the most ignorant statement of my lifetime to date.

You take the cake, buddy. Congratulations!

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
orion wrote:

Food sensitivities do exist, but a lot of people seem to be overreacting to the idea of having them.

After all, they need some excuse as to why they haven’t been getting better results.[/quote]

Look, I wanted to know why and narrowed it down to protein shakes.

The more stuff there is in those shakes, like berries or some other fruits the less strong the reaction gets.

It is just slightly annoying but it is undeniably there and since it never was before something has changed.

Since nothing else makes my actual eardrums itch you can trust me that it is a very unique and recognizable feeling.

[quote]derek wrote:
HK24719 wrote:

After all, they need some excuse as to why they haven’t been getting better results.

Well, today is the day that I will mark down on the calendar… The day I read the most ignorant statement of my lifetime to date.

[/quote]

Thanks for leaving out the key sentence when you quoted me!

“Food sensitivities do exist, but a lot of people seem to be overreacting to the idea of having them.”

Nice effort!

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
derek wrote:
HK24719 wrote:

Thanks for leaving out the key sentence when you quoted me!

“Food sensitivities do exist, but a lot of people seem to be overreacting to the idea of having them.”

Nice effort![/quote]

I deleted that sentence because it was slightly less delusional than the other two.

I hope you don’t actually think that was a “key” sentence. It was just the one of three that didn’t make my eyes roll back into my head.

Do you truly believe you know a person better than he knows himself by saying a suspected allergy is likely just his imagination?

And do you truly believe that anyone here is using food allergies as an excuse for not getting better results?

Are you reading the same thread I am?

[quote]Fiction wrote:
For the last fucking time…you can’t “develop” an allergy.[/quote]

Seems WebMD disagrees with you. Just one of many instances.

As does the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology.

[quote]derek wrote:
Do you truly believe you know a person better than he knows himself by saying a suspected allergy is likely just his imagination? [/quote]

At the least, I am highly skeptical that his itchy ears are the result of an allergy to protein powder.

In this instance, I’m probably being more objective than that particular poster. Heck, my throat was a little scratchy the other night, but I didn’t assume it was due to my supplement or food intake. Sometimes we all suffer from minor aches, pains, and other annoyances as a result of life.

However, because someone wrote about how a certain food or supplement can illicit an allergic response, now certain individuals will undoubtedly attribute their symptoms to these items when they are not related.

Please note, as I’ve already stated, I’m not saying food sensitivities don’t exist.

[quote]derek wrote:
And do you truly believe that anyone here is using food allergies as an excuse for not getting better results?
[/quote]

I believe it’s likely. Of course, it’s not a conscious decision on their part, but some people tend to look for that mysterious element that keeps them from making the gains they want as opposed to focusing on consistent, hard work. It’s human nature.

most people have NO idea just how strangely related two seemingly unattached problems can infact be directly related, food allegies being a prime example

it most definitly can have a major effect on how you feel and can even play a large part of your quality of health and life, and you’re only doing yourself a disservice if you choose to ignore these relations and just say its “one of those things”

thats like if someone gets old and achey and just blames it on being old…rather than sitting all the time, having terrible mobility and firing pattern issues and a host of other unattended problems that have compacted over the years…

…its just the easy way out, but why deal with something the rest of your life if you can fix (or atleast greatly reduce) the problem?

sidenote, when i was young, i was stung by hornets without a problem…one time when i was 6 my entire arm swelled up

i never ever used to notice a problem with drinking milk/having dairy, i have since gone through an intolerance And food allergy to it, same with some preservatives and pork…

…and while my diet and recovery is better than in the past, so some of my nature allegies have actually improved from overall improved immune function, these have increased in severity, and as much as i would like for this to just be “in my head”…i only found out after many times of trial and error, so the problem was there before i knew the cause…aka it wasnt just “in my head”

why do my late night postings always get this long?i think i’m allergic to making direct, easy-to-follow messages

[quote]brian.m wrote:

why do my late night postings always get this long?i think i’m allergic to making direct, easy-to-follow messages[/quote]

I agree with your post and am getting a little more than annoyed at some of the posts and conversations I have on an almost daily basis on the topics.

You’ve touched on some very good points here as well.

I have clients routinely tell me that much–if not most or indeed all of thier conditions such as decreased mobility, weight (fat) gain and weakness are all just a part of ageing which is utter bullshit.

Fat gain and poor health is NOT a part of ageing, it’s a result of the cumulative damge one does over the course of a lifetime. Damage that could’ve been avoided with little effort.

It’s the same yet reversed when you hear “He’s a kid, he can get away with eating that stuff, you can do that when you’re young”. The truth is, kids cannot “get away with it”.

It’s simply the fact that they have only done a fraction of the damage they will most likely do over a lifetime because they’ve only had poor dietary habits for a short time.

Kids are no better at metabolizing shit food than thier adult counterparts. All things being equal, it’s merely that adults may have been abusing thier bodies for several times as long as thier children.

I like soy protein.