Done it All; Can't Get Rid of Fat

Not to be a smart ass but I would suggest Carbolin 19 or HOT- ROX and eat nothing but 5 or 6 Grow! and ground flax seed shakes a day. Try this for 2 weeks with your regular workouts and see what happens.

Look up Tabata on this site and try that.

Dude, I’m sorry to say your diet is BS. You need way more veggies in there! Give this a try for daily total servings: 6 veggies, 4 fruits, 3 grains, 4 protien(animal&dariy),1-3 servings whey, 1-2 servings of vitamins etc. I would call a seving about 100g for the veggies and animal proteins.

Before you call foul on this, let me advise my personal experience on a “diet” like this. Following the above guidelines, I have gone from a “bulky” 201 in Jan 05 to 188 “nearly ripped” pounds as of today. By “nearly ripped” I mean six-pack, but not super vascular yet, just starting to show.

I achieved this on 150-180g of protein/day with 6 caps of HOT-ROX / day (3 twice a day). Keep the flax and fish oils in there, but bring your fat intake down. Add in 400-800mcg of Chromium picolinate too; get your insulin under control! The suggestion of eating protein/carb in the am and protein/fat in the pm is sound advise since it will help control your insulin levels too.

You probably need fewer calories than you are consuming. If you follow my recomendations, the calorie ballance should fix itself with little effort.

For God’s sake type in full words. Quit abreviating shit with those little net-isms.

Sorry, but that drives me nuts. It makes you sound like some dumb semi-literate child.

Anyway, now that I’ve busted your balls a little, here’s some constructive advice.

The reason you want P+F at night and P+C during the day, as I understand it, is that your body responds much in the same way as a diabetic’s to carbs in the AM. Also, you’re probably not as active during the evening hours, except for your workouts, so you don’t want to take in a ton of carbs.

Also, you asked if it was okay to take out the oatmeal, if you “needed” the complex carbs. You don’t “need” any carbs, and you certainly don’t need any oatmeal. I would definitely sub out grains for veggies if you want to lean out. As far as I’m concerned grains aren’t food, they’re what we feed to food.

Lastly, you realize that any eating regimen you go on cannot remain static and remain successful. You will have to have periods of “feast and famine”, so to speak. It’s probably not neccesary to cycle as in the anabolic diet, but periodically eat more, and periodically eat less. So, if you diet down for 8 or 10 weeks, then spend some time bulking up, just don’t turn into a fatty. That way you’ll acumulate some fat free mass to help shed that grease. 'Cause frankly, if you’re 190 pounds at 18% bf, you might not have the muscle mass to get the physique you’re hoping for.

Good luck.

[quote]Papa wrote:
Dude, I’m sorry to say your diet is BS. You need way more veggies in there! Give this a try for daily total servings: 6 veggies, 4 fruits, 3 grains, 4 protien(animal&dariy),1-3 servings whey, 1-2 servings of vitamins etc. I would call a seving about 100g for the veggies and animal proteins.

Before you call foul on this, let me advise my personal experience on a “diet” like this. Following the above guidelines, I have gone from a “bulky” 201 in Jan 05 to 188 “nearly ripped” pounds as of today. By “nearly ripped” I mean six-pack, but not super vascular yet, just starting to show.

I achieved this on 150-180g of protein/day with 6 caps of HOT-ROX / day (3 twice a day). Keep the flax and fish oils in there, but bring your fat intake down. Add in 400-800mcg of Chromium picolinate too; get your insulin under control! The suggestion of eating protein/carb in the am and protein/fat in the pm is sound advise since it will help control your insulin levels too.

You probably need fewer calories than you are consuming. If you follow my recomendations, the calorie ballance should fix itself with little effort. [/quote]

Any suggestions on what vegetables and fruits to consume on a daily bases. Right now I’m on green peas, apples, lettuce, watermelon which is definately very little compared to what you recommended.

Since Jan have you packed on more mass on your diet, the way you describe it, its a moderate protein, high carb diet. What was ur bf in Jan and currently?

I’ve had high carb diets before although they have been grain based and not veggie/fruit based.

Thanks for the extra tips…

[quote]Asim wrote:
Any suggestions on what vegetables and fruits to consume on a daily bases. Right now I’m on green peas, apples, lettuce, watermelon which is definately very little compared to what you recommended.[/quote]

Have you not read my earlier post? It lists many types of veggies. To make it simple, eat all veggies but go easy on the potatoes and corn.

Broccoli. Now thats a good veggy. And just because farts are fun doesn’t mean they can’t be dangerous.

Try new stuff. Learn how to cook to your own tastes, then be creative. A good rule of thumb when it comes to veggies is- The more colors, the better. Think of the colors as representative of different vitamins and minerals.

On what Asim wrote:

No expert, but I think your daily calories are too high and your nutrient ratios aren’t optimal (fat is too high for someone looking to lean out). At 191 lbs, with a moderate activity level (assuming your work is sedentary), you can multiply your weight X 12-13 to get your daily caloric requirements for fat loss = 2,292 to 2,483. I would aim for 6 meals averaging 400 calories each with a daily total ratio of 40% protein, 35% carbs, 25% fat. I would avoid all carbs except green vegetables in the evening.

Here are my diet suggestions: eliminate the butter (what is doing for you?), replace the corn with fibrous vegetables (lettuce, celery, brocoli, asparagus, green and yellow beans, cucumber, etc.), replace some shakes with real food and increase protein in your first meal. There are a lot of lean protein sources that aren’t even mentioned in your post. Egg whites, fish, seafood, buffalo, turkey…do you have any food allergies that would make you avoid any specific food?
Here is how I would revamp your first meal:
Current meal 1
-1 brown bread + 1 tbs butter = approx. 190 calories
-1 tbs flax oil, 1 tbs olive oil = 200 calories
-1 cup cottage cheese = approx. 160 calories (assuming 1% m.f.)
-tea + splenda
Total = 550 calories (of which approx. 42 g of these are fat = 378 calories, 68% of your meal is fat)

Proposed meal 1
-1 whole egg + 6 egg whites = approx. 200 calories - 7.3 g of fat - 27.7 g of protein
-1 cup oatmeal + 1/2 cup strawberries + 1/2 oz of flaxseed (not oil) = 220 calories - 6 g of fat
Total calories = 420
Total fat = approx 14 g = 126 calories from fat = 30%
Protein = approx. 35 g = 140 calories = 33%

Again, I’m no expert, but this is the type of diet that has helped me reduce my bodyfat. Good luck!

Suzanne