Donating Blood

Cuz I gosta feed…its how I roll, son!!

True story. The blood place is listed under “Vampires” in my phone. I’m O- and tagged for babies. They love me.

I used to donate blood back a long time ago.
When the Red Cross would call to remind me, my dad would leave a post-it note by the phone saying “Someone called…they want your blood”

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
True story. The blood place is listed under “Vampires” in my phone. I’m O- and tagged for babies. They love me. [/quote]

You’ve been feeding me for years, yo!

[quote]Nards wrote:
I used to donate blood back a long time ago.
When the Red Cross would call to remind me, my dad would leave a post-it note by the phone saying “Someone called…they want your blood”[/quote]

Did you get my message, man?

I don’t know what the blood donor clinics are like any where else but here, they kick ass. You can practically have a 4 course dinner at our local one. The last time I was there, I had chicken soup, bits and bites, fudgeos and juice. They also let you take food with you. I pack my purse with snacks to go. I try and donate as frequently as possible just for the snacks.

I donated once to find out what blood type I was.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
I don’t know what the blood donor clinics are like any where else but here, they kick ass. You can practically have a 4 course dinner at our local one. The last time I was there, I had chicken soup, bits and bites, fudgeos and juice. They also let you take food with you. I pack my purse with snacks to go. I try and donate as frequently as possible just for the snacks.[/quote]

Its a give and take system. =)

[quote]postholedigger wrote:
I donated once to find out what blood type I was.[/quote]

Type D for delicious!

Not exactly related, but every time I’m required to give a urine sample at the doctor’s office, I always think about providing a semen sample instead, just to confuse people.

Or maybe a combined urine/semen sample.

Does this make me a bad person?

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
Not exactly related, but every time I’m required to give a urine sample at the doctor’s office, I always think about providing a semen sample instead, just to confuse people.

Does this make me a bad person?[/quote]

nasty motherfucker

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

nasty motherfucker[/quote]

But then I always remember how the nurses flirt with me, and I’m scared off by the idea of child support.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

nasty motherfucker[/quote]

But then I always remember how the nurses flirt with me, and I’m scared off by the idea of child support.[/quote]

pull out and shoot that shit on the floor, brotha!

True story. The blood place is listed under “Vampires” in my phone. I’m O- and tagged for babies. They love me. [/quote]

What does tagged for babies mean? Do you have baby blood?

I donate as often as I can, which means that Red Cross calls me two weeks before the buffer time is up and I schedule another appointment.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

I donate as often as I can, which means that Red Cross calls me two weeks before the buffer time is up and I schedule another appointment.[/quote]

Does donating affect recovery/health at all? I’ve been thinking about doing it.

Will you accept used tampons and fem pads?
My wife’s feeling generous.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

I donate as often as I can, which means that Red Cross calls me two weeks before the buffer time is up and I schedule another appointment.[/quote]

Does donating affect recovery/health at all? I’ve been thinking about doing it.[/quote]

I am 70 pounds over weight, the only thing it does recovery and health wise now is that I feel dehydrated for about an hour until I chug a Gatorade, the only thing that the doctors told me back when I was in Athlete mode is that I should rest and I couldn’t donate two days before a event. Which I still did when it came to Track and Field, because I was in good enough shape that 5 seconds of strain 15 minutes apart for 6 times a day, two days a week, really didn’t affect me as long as I stayed hydrated.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

You were spot on with the words “not exactly related”. Poor Count needs his “red wine”.

On a more serious note, I’ve never donated blood and not because I didn’t want to. I always (and still) think it’s a noble cause. Diabetes contracted in 2005 and never thought about it since. I was under the impression Diabetics couldn’t donate blood, someone please correct me if I’m wrong. Thanks.

[quote]postholedigger wrote:
I donated once to find out what blood type I was.[/quote]

Type D for delicious![/quote]