T Nation

Don Lemmon and Separating Carbs from Proteins

Has anyone tried Don Lemmon’s program of eating proteins/fat separate from Carbs?

It seems to me whenever I attempt this I do lose bodyfat. In fact, I lost alot of fat but I feel flat, I feel smaller. When I look in the mirror I look smaller but more ripped. Has anyone experienced positive results by adapting this eating protocol?

Mark

[quote]marktb wrote:
Has anyone tried Don Lemmon’s program of eating proteins/fat separate from Carbs?

It seems to me whenever I attempt this I do lose bodyfat. In fact, I lost alot of fat but I feel flat, I feel smaller. When I look in the mirror I look smaller but more ripped. Has anyone experienced positive results by adapting this eating protocol?

Mark [/quote]

I personally think it would be retarded to keep proteins separated from carbs. You’re basically throwing out one of the best functions of insulin, and that’s to shuttle protein and increase protein synthesis overall. I would not recommend it. Either do proteins/fats and protein/carbs, or allow all 3 macronutrients to be used in a meal at once. I personally prefer the former and have seen VERY (I mean it) lean gains off it.

Like guitar said, I have seen the idea of separating carbs from fats around but never protein from carbs. How would you do your workout nutrition like that?