Doms

i get sore every time i lift. and i mean EVERY day.

i told some of my friends about this and they said that they only get sore when they come off a long break from working out. this used to be true for me too but for some reason this has changed recently.

im not complaining or anything i just want to know why its changed and what it means for me

Overtraining, maybe?? What type of training/routine are you doing? Give more info about what you are doing each day.

I second over training. Regardless of what or how much your doing your body can get to a point where whatever your doing can constitute over training. Give it some thought…
If you haven’t been making any strength gains recently and are experiencing soreness, overtraining could be the reason

From the title I thought this thread was about bondage, and I got all excited.

It happens much like shit does :slight_smile:

Nutrition, rest?? How are they

Like others said are you making progress??

If your progressing, feeling good asie from the soreness and healing prior to the next training no sweat.

If no them rest up, check the diet, maybe a break is needed.

Soreness happens just dont seek it or chase it as an indicator of a good w/o. Progression toward your goals is #1

Phill

no its not overtraining

my wo’s are like this:
monday:
bench:4 sets of 3 reps. last set goes till failure
pec flys: i just go till faiure for 2 to 3 sets
incline: 3 sets of 3 to 6 reps last set goes to failure
tricep press down: 2 to 3 sets of failure
dumbell bench: 3 sets of 3 to 6 reps.

tuesday: rest day

wendsday:
squats: 4 sets of 3 to 6 reps.
last set failure
heavy smith lunges: 3 sets of 6
very narrow stance squats as deep as possible: 3 sets of 15 to 20 reps
heavy stiff legged deads: 3 sets of 4 to 6

thursday:
dumbell shoulder press: 3 sets of 6
lateral shouler raises: 3 sets of 6
behind the neck: 3 sets of 6
pull ups: 3 sets of failure
concentration curls: 3 sets of 6

friday: rest

saturday: same chest routine
sunday: rest

monday:
sumo deads: 4 sets of 3 to 6
stiff leged deads: same
smith lunges: same
very narrow stance squats: same

tuesday: same shoulder
wendsday: rest

repeat

*i stay with a given weight until i can get it for 7 reps then i increase weight so that i can get about 3 reps with it

im making good progress and feel fine

Then there is no problem.

Don’t worry.

Take out the lifting till failure part for a while, and do some searches for periodization. Or take a week off. Things will probably get worse if you don’t cut back a bit.

[quote]lovernotafightr wrote:
im not complaining or anything i just want to know why its changed and what it means for me[/quote]

If you’re training for hypertrophy, then you should frequently “suffer” from DOMS.

THere’s a new trend w/people saying, “beign sore is not an indicator of anything.” that’s basically bullshit. if you train hard, you will be sore the next day or day after.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
lovernotafightr wrote:
im not complaining or anything i just want to know why its changed and what it means for me

If you’re training for hypertrophy, then you should frequently “suffer” from DOMS.

THere’s a new trend w/people saying, “beign sore is not an indicator of anything.” that’s basically bullshit. if you train hard, you will be sore the next day or day after.

[/quote]

see thats what i was thinking even though im just training for pure strength. i mean soreness is caused by micro tears in the muscle and the muscle gets stronger by repairing damage of this type right?

guys there really is no problem with being sore so often for me i was just wondering why it has just started to be an everyday thing for me but no one here seems to know

thats a lot of sets to failure.

[quote]titopuente wrote:
thats a lot of sets to failure.[/quote]

not really its only about 3 for pecs and 3 for my tris on chest days and i have only one scheduled for my leg days