DOMS For 2 Weeks ?

[quote]Ghost16 wrote:
I’ve had DOMS as long as a week from good mornings. The thing I find about muscle soreness though is the more you sit around the longer the soreness will sit with you. So if you’re being a bitch and hardly moving about at all it’s going to take muscles a lot longer to recover. Get up and walk around, foam roll, do some light stretching and start exercising again. [/quote]

I feel you man. GM’s are brutal. The first time i had the DOMS from them for a week i made the exact same mistake of not getting some blood flowing to them…my hamstrings that is

OP, I dont know about getting THAAAT sore from BW squats but I remember the first time I went to the gym and did every exercise and used every machine…I was sore for like a week and a half EVERYWHERE.

My point is if you keep at it and maybe adjust the attitude a bit, the soreness will likely decrease to a point where its manageable. Up the frequency and as Ghost has said if you wanna stop being sore you gotta get on the move…

all this talk about vag makes me wanna…Ill be right back

[quote]scottkoscielniak wrote:
all this talk about vag makes me wanna…Ill be right back[/quote]
you don’t have to go anywhere …

very true

[quote]Wannabemass wrote:
He might have if your life is lifting weights and what not… But im not a hardcore gym rat… And ill take breakse when ever i feel like it :slight_smile: And for as long as i want :smiley: And sure he might have a point… But im not gonna listen to it when all he really wants is to be prick and act all epic and what not :slight_smile: Theres a grown up way to tell ppl something and then there his way :)[/quote]

If you keep on taking your vag breaks your muscles will never be able to handle the load without getting sore. If an experienced squatter stopped squatting for a month and then had a normal squat session he’d be extremely sore. But if he squats once or twice a week, every week, his body will be used to this and BAM. No more DOMS unless he/she made an extreme change to their volume.

Two weeks is long, considering you didn’t really tear shit up. I just got back in the gym after about two months off. Did legs heavy and hard as fuck, forcing reps and desperately trying to lift somewhere close to what I was doing a couple months ago. The muscle soreness got worse for four days! It took until the fifth day to taper off and now finally on the way back down on the sixth day. Guess what? I’m going to hit legs twice next week. Once again on Tuesday, and then again on Saturday and that’s how you get over it. However I have heard from Phil Heath that you shouldn’t work out if you’re sore. I don’t think that applies to people that aren’t on the juice though, because that cuts your recovery time way down. If I use that advice, I would never have gotten to squatting over 400. I got under the squat rack countless times, still sore as fuck. Just do it.

HOW DO YOU NEW PEOPLE EVEN FIND THESE THREADS???

think thread starter is trolling