DOMS Discrepancy

The day after my leg days (with front squats, leg presses, stiff-legged deadlifts and calf raises) my thighs are sore, even after a few weeks on that routine. But my triceps or biceps haven’t ever gotten sore, even now with Thib’s gun workout. Is this normal? I’d think muscle soreness would be the same across the body.

I don’t think it’s an issue of intensity. Just yesterday I was going to failure with both of the last two biceps and triceps supersets of Thib’s Wednesday workout. Sweat like an animal, could hardly drive my bike back home as my triceps were giving away. And today I’m fine. Just a faint knowledge in my arms that I trained yesterday.

It’s always been like that. I can get all my other bodyparts sore but my upper arms. Arguably my arms are a bit underdeveloped - that’s why I’m on the gun workout, the first spec program ever for me. I’m an intermediate-to-advanced lifter.

Or am I just worrying about something that shouldn’t be worried about?

I noticed my arms need more of a “precision” intensity workout to get them sore. I would have to incorporate a lot of dropsets and supersets and maybe some negatives to really bang my arms up. Legs on the other hand are pretty easy to destroy. Most likely has to do with the maturity, overall strength and capability, and neural connections within the tissue. DOMS has never been a tell tale indication of a good workout so I wouldn’t lose sleep over it.

Well, that’s what I thought too: that my arms would finally get the DOMS I desire (!) with Thib’s intense superset workout. But no.

Well, good to hear that DOMS is not an indicator of advancement. I’ll rely on my measuring tape and increased performance instead.

Some bodyparts just get more sore than others. I wouldnt say it comes down to how much damage you have actually done to them. My legs, chest, and tris are ALWAYS sore the day after doing them.
My bi’s back and shoulders never get sore, but they still have improved a great deal.
As was stated before, DOMs does not necesasarily mean you had a better workout than another body part.

[quote]Easy E wrote:
Some bodyparts just get more sore than others. I wouldnt say it comes down to how much damage you have actually done to them. My legs, chest, and tris are ALWAYS sore the day after doing them.
My bi’s back and shoulders never get sore, but they still have improved a great deal.
As was stated before, DOMs does not necesasarily mean you had a better workout than another body part.[/quote]

yeah it is difficult for me to get my delts and biceps sore. I guess it is just a personal thing