T Nation

Doms After Front Squat Layer

Hey guys!

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing doms already after the second squat layer?
Ive been doing 4weeks of the strength layer (pwr snatch,jerk,pwr clean,bench,sghp,front sq).
The doms dissapears around 2 days later.

Grateful for any answers or advice for this.

Btw, layer system is the most fun training ive ever had.

my quads are always sore. always.
even from power cleans

[quote]domcib wrote:
my quads are always sore. always.
even from power cleans[/quote]

@dom:

Have you ever tried a quad smash with the rotating sleeve of a barbell?

I got it from K-Star, making a huge difference for me as I have some adhesions that are breaking up nicely.

Cheers,
Muts

Thanks for the replies.
My only issue is when doing the squat day.
After the first ramp the soreness sneaks up on me.

I fatigue very fast when doing snatches,cleans and sghp and its always the legs.

Could maybe adding a back squat day help?
My last 1rm front squat was 80kg.
The thing is that im stronger from the hang position.
Example, my best sghp from floor was 80kg but my best from hang is 100kg.

The advice ive got so far is that i might loose my positioning when going from the floor.
This could be one thing but i ferl im loosing all power in my legs…

Grateful for any advice on this. Been searching a lot on this but ive never found any answer…

[quote]Mutsanah wrote:

[quote]domcib wrote:
my quads are always sore. always.
even from power cleans[/quote]

@dom:

Have you ever tried a quad smash with the rotating sleeve of a barbell?

I got it from K-Star, making a huge difference for me as I have some adhesions that are breaking up nicely.

Cheers,
Muts[/quote]
thanks muts
honestly,no, ihavent done anything special.
ijust keep training. after my stretches and warmups they dont hurt while im training.
afterwards is another story.
in fact, the only time they dont hurt is when im training.
maybe i should try something.
have you used voodoo bands?
if so, can they be used while training?
i use 1 on my elbow during the day, when my elbow is crying.

[quote]domcib wrote:

[quote]Mutsanah wrote:

[quote]domcib wrote:
my quads are always sore. always.
even from power cleans[/quote]

@dom:

Have you ever tried a quad smash with the rotating sleeve of a barbell?

I got it from K-Star, making a huge difference for me as I have some adhesions that are breaking up nicely.

Cheers,
Muts[/quote]
thanks muts
honestly,no, ihavent done anything special.
ijust keep training. after my stretches and warmups they dont hurt while im training.
afterwards is another story.
in fact, the only time they dont hurt is when im training.
maybe i should try something.
have you used voodoo bands?
if so, can they be used while training?
i use 1 on my elbow during the day, when my elbow is crying.
[/quote]

I use VooDoo bands frequently for hot elbow issues, right one is always flaring up after pressing.

You can also use them above/below knees (see some vids from K-Star)

But not during an actual workout as they are only for temporary ischemia, restoring gliding surfaces, etc.

What is your training history prior to the layers?

[quote]Mutsanah wrote:

[quote]domcib wrote:

[quote]Mutsanah wrote:

[quote]domcib wrote:
my quads are always sore. always.
even from power cleans[/quote]

@dom:

Have you ever tried a quad smash with the rotating sleeve of a barbell?

I got it from K-Star, making a huge difference for me as I have some adhesions that are breaking up nicely.

Cheers,
Muts[/quote]
thanks muts
honestly,no, ihavent done anything special.
ijust keep training. after my stretches and warmups they dont hurt while im training.
afterwards is another story.
in fact, the only time they dont hurt is when im training.
maybe i should try something.
have you used voodoo bands?
if so, can they be used while training?
i use 1 on my elbow during the day, when my elbow is crying.
[/quote]

I use VooDoo bands frequently for hot elbow issues, right one is always flaring up after pressing.

You can also use them above/below knees (see some vids from K-Star)

But not during an actual workout as they are only for temporary ischemia, restoring gliding surfaces, etc.[/quote]

thanks again muts
all the best!

Started with SS abot 2years ago. Switched to wendler 5/3/1 after 8months.
Been learning the oly lifts for 8months now. Switched to layers about 2 months ago.
Squat 1rm 100kg atg
Front 1rm 85kg
C&J 80kg
Snatch 55kg

Last time i got on a scale i was 72kg