Domestic Terror Legislation

I will bet right now, that Congress will move to pass some sort of legislation against conservatives. The propaganda is strong now, and they will move in on it somehow. Calling names is not a crime, having signs is not a crime. I think yes there have been death threats, propbaly less than they want you to believe. This is the demonization of a political group, and they will be coming.

You’ll either agree or call me crazy. The polarization is almost complete. We live in interesting times here.

Shades of Janet Reno? Let’s hope not.

(For a reminder of what the most recent prior Democratic Attorney General was, see above pic. There are other choices that could be made as well to demonstrate the extreme heavy-handedness – to say the least – of the Justice deparatment of the previous Democrat presidency.)

Uh, there already is domestic terror legislation. It’s called the Patriot Act. According to the Act:

"…acts of domestic terrorism are those which: “(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State; (B) appear to be intendedâ?? (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and (C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States.”

Don’t forget Randy Weaver and Waco bill. Koresh goes jogging in town every few days, but the BATF has to do a 7 is am raid after they were advised not to by the founder of Delta Force and after they tipped off the news people.

Giving liberals guns is like give monkeys scissors.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
I will bet right now, that Congress will move to pass some sort of legislation against conservatives. The propaganda is strong now, and they will move in on it somehow. Calling names is not a crime, having signs is not a crime. I think yes there have been death threats, propbaly less than they want you to believe. This is the demonization of a political group, and they will be coming.

You’ll either agree or call me crazy. The polarization is almost complete. We live in interesting times here.[/quote]

Your posts and your avatar pic are a great match.

I didn’t forget. It’s just that the above pic is very communicative, I think, of how we should not have a government whose first answer in dealing with its citizens, regardless that far lesser steps would likely have been sufficient, is a major paramilitary assault, with weapons blazing in two of those instances.

Such assaults happened three times in the most recent prior Democratic Administration, as you point out.

The Obama Administration has several times indicated that it considers non-Islamic US citizens who have objections to the government to be a more serious “terrorism” concern, in their view, than Islamic terrorists.

So I think it’s reasonable to remember what happened before and to not want to see it happen again, except that it doesn’t seem unreasonable that it might be far worse with Obama, as Bill Clinton was nothing like the radical that Obama is.

I certainly hope Obama does not take that tack.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:

You’ll either agree or call me crazy. The polarization is almost complete. We live in interesting times here.[/quote]

I don’t think you’re crazy, just wrong on your guess as to what they will do in this instance. Things have not reached a critical enough mass for anyone to justify such action. Lean back and take a breath my friend, things are going to get markedly better when the republicans take over the House and Senate.

Republicans controlling the House and Senate made no difference with regard to Janet Reno, nor could they have.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Republicans controlling the House and Senate made no difference with regard to Janet Reno, nor could they have.[/quote]

I was responding to the op fear regarding a move by congress as this is what he said: [quote]I will bet right now, that Congress will move to pass some sort of legislation against conservatives.[/quote]

Now if you’d like to debate the possibility of lackey Eric Holder taking action in that direction, well that’s a another debate, isn’t it?