Dolph Lundgren, MF and Flex...

While looking over the vids for the new Rocky Balboa film on sylvesterstallone.com, I was browsing through the articles.

In one article, on how they chose Dolph Lundgren for Rocky IV, they say… “Dolph had about three months to train before his screen test. He learned what he could about the techniques of bodybuilding from such diverse figures as Harold Poole and Lydia Cheng and from reading “Muscle & Fitness” and “Flex.””

No…really?..

Oh deary deary me…

shakes head in disbelief…

I remember reading in an interview with Dolph where he and Stallone trained with Franco Columbu and he also admitted to using anabolics to go up to the ripped 240 lbs he was showing in the film.

[quote]OARSMAN wrote:
I remember reading in an interview with Dolph where he and Stallone trained with Franco Columbu and he also admitted to using anabolics to go up to the ripped 240 lbs he was showing in the film. [/quote]

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. I don’t care what he did. He looked fantastic in that movie. You won’t see Antonio Tarver looking like that.

Dolph is a Chem E from MIT. Amazing.

I don’t know if anyone else noticed but Dolph Lundgren should thank his parents for the fantastic genetics he has acquired. Just look at the guy.

[quote]EmperialChina wrote:
I don’t know if anyone else noticed but Dolph Lundgren should thank his parents for the fantastic genetics he has acquired. Just look at the guy.[/quote]

he should then puch them in the face for naming him dolph.

[quote]mazilla wrote:
EmperialChina wrote:
I don’t know if anyone else noticed but Dolph Lundgren should thank his parents for the fantastic genetics he has acquired. Just look at the guy.

[/quote]

LOL, hahaha! Yes, I don’t know why they didn’t finish it and just call him Dolphin.

[quote]mazilla wrote:
EmperialChina wrote:

[/quote]

Or maybe he should thank them for raising him in a way that enabled him to become a Fullbright scholar, movie star, third degree black belt, and captain of the US Olympic Pentathalon Team.

What exactly have you done that’s so fucking impressive?

my understanding is that once Dolph got the role for Rocky IV. Stallone and Dolph both trained together at the santa monica bodybuilding center for all thier weight work outs. Then later in the day they would go to a place stallone had built to practice thier boxing moves.

sly was trained by Franco only TWICE.

once was for rocky 2— dont really see that much change from rocky 1, but could be that sly did tear his pec. Maybe he did it early on in thier training so he was not able to train at all for the role.

the second time was for RAMBO 2- His body in that movie speaks for itself, they definitely did something correctly that time.