Doing wrong in CT's view?

Hey Christian,

In a previous post you mentioned many things that you feel Olympic Lifting Coaches are doing wrong and the information was great.

Here is a loaded question for you. In your opinion, what do you think “Personal Trainers” and even “strength coaches” are doing wrong.

I have found looking at what people are doing wrong and doing the opposite is a great way to make progress. Your thoughts?

Kyle

You might also be interested in what Tudor Bompa has to say… Strength Training, Bodybuilding & Online Supplement Store - T NATION

The #1 mistake most personal trainers do is become presonal trainers.

You can note my big disdain for trainers, even though I am one. I work at a gym which employs 25 trainers - at least 5 of which NEVER worked out in their lives. LITERALLY. Some thought they loked good and tried out. Some were convinced to become trainers. Either way the boat floats they’re ridiculously unqualified and it pains me to see people invest $1,000 in someone with LESS experience than themselves!

The personal training industry is reaching dangerous new lows. Greedyness may pay off in the short term, but it’ll drive you bankrupt - both morally and financially - in the long run.

Morals ARE always more important than profit. An honest buck is worth $1000 earned dishonestly. I much prefer keep making a small buck honestly than sell a lack-of-results.

Just my input.

I really don’t care to comment about personal trainers.

As far as strength coaches go, I talked about the number one problem they have in my interview.

CT: Just wondering, but did you not want to comment on PT’s cause you think the industry is so crappy in that aspect or just you didn’t feel like you had anything really to say? In other words are you trying to say that you know of few PT’s who are worth the money or have few good things to say about anything personal training wise?

:slight_smile:

“In a previous post you mentioned many things that you feel Olympic Lifting Coaches are doing wrong and the information was great.”

What post was this info in? I’d love to take a look. Thanks

Natec,

I believe it was in a post on this guest forum entitled Olymic Weightlifting. Check it out. CT gave some great answers that is why I was curious what he thought about some of the strength coaches and personal trainers in the industry.

kbattis