Doing My First Real Cut Ever

Ok, so i just got done bulking about 1 month ago. i was at a lean 180, id say about 12% bf. Not shredded to the bone, but was in damn good shape. I wanted to gain mass at that point, get up 200, and ended up 8 weeks later at 205, so i was pretty happy the results and saw some great strength gains in the process. Now, i want to get ripped, shredded, sculpted, w/e you want to call it (7-10% bf range).

My Numbers are:

Bench- 285 lbs.
Squat- 405 lbs.
Deadlift- 405 lbs.

Doing 2 a days to lean up faster of course.

I start work at 6:30 am, so i wake up at 5 am for fasted cardio dont 6 times a week. I do H.I.I.T. for 20-25 mins. Meals 1,2, and 3, are all prepared the night before, including the 6 am shake. First 3 meals of the day are protein & carbs, last 3 meals are protein & fats. Most of the time i never get to the third meal at work, and will go home and make a shake with Water, BCAA’s, and 1 Scoop Whey Before i go Lift.

My Diet:

Upon Waking at 5 am:

1 1/2 scoops BCAA’s and 1 serving HOT-ROX
1 Litre Water

6 am: 1 /12 scoops whey, 1 scoop BCAA’s 1 cup Orange Juice, A few Strawberries
(45g protein, 30 g carbs)

Meals 1, 2, and 3) <— (At Work)
6-8 oz. chicken, 1/2 cup black beans, 4 fish oil capsules
(35-40g protein, 25g carbs 10 g fiber, 5 g. fat)

Pre-Workout: 1 scoop whey, 5 g BCAA’s, 1 serving HOT-ROX
Post Workout: 2 scoops whey, 10 g BCAA’s, 1 Cup Orange Juice, A few Strawberries, Sometimes 1/2 a banana

Meals 4,5, and 6)
4 Whole eggs, 2 egg whites scrambled, 4 fish oil capsules
(35g protein 23 grams fat)

Steak and Salad with 1 Table Spoon Extra Virgin Organic Olive Oil, 4 fish oils
(40g protein 24g fat)

Protein Shake w/ 1 scoop mixed w/ Water, 1 serving Mixed Nuts
30g protein, 18 g fat)

Trying to retain muscle, or build some even, while cutting, so i’m lifting heavy as heavy as possible.

My workouts are 3 days on, 1 day off, repeat. Exercises are always full body to maximize calorie expenditure, i do:

Squats
Deadlifts
Dumbbell Chest Press
Shoulder Press
Weighted Dips
Rack Pulls

With usually 3-4 sets of each, minimal rest, Working with 80-95% of my 1RM on all exercises forcing my body to retain muscle whether it like its, or not.
^ These are done 1-2 times within that 3 day period, with 1 other day doing nothing but conditioning work which include:

Pull ups
Push ups
Abdominal Exercises
Complexes
Burpee’s
Push Presses (Very light)

With usually 3-4 sets of each, minimal rest, Working with 80-95% of my 1RM on all exercises forcing my body to retain muscle whether it like its, or not.

Ok now…

If anyone has any suggestions, at all, please feel free to tell me what i can take away, or what should i add, or what i can tweak or change. I am taking this cut very seriously, and i’m willing to put in whatever work i need to do to make this a successful cutting phase.

So far i have been doing for 2 weeks, have starting at a weight of 201 (weighed in the morning in the buff, empty stomach, after peeing). Currently at 198 on the scale, but waay leaner, close looser, ab definition is coming in very fast for a 2 week period. Constructive Criticism please. Thank you.

Trying moving the post workout carbs pre-work out.

Have 1 scoop whey pre with carbs
1 scoop whey during with BCAA’s
1 scoop whey after

That should help.

I agree with moving the carbs pre workout. Also if you’re doing H.I.I.T/intereval type training and you want to maximize your muscle gains I would suggest taking some form of carbs in the morning before your first cardio session since H.I.I.T training will require carbs or it will use your muscle as fuel. Doing sustained cardio (30-45 minute jog) can be done without carbs and not target your muscle as much. There are alot of different view points on this however (hours of reading haha) so whatever you find works best for you.

[quote]HighC wrote:
I agree with moving the carbs pre workout. Also if you’re doing H.I.I.T/intereval type training and you want to maximize your muscle gains I would suggest taking some form of carbs in the morning before your first cardio session since H.I.I.T training will require carbs or it will use your muscle as fuel. Doing sustained cardio (30-45 minute jog) can be done without carbs and not target your muscle as much. There are alot of different view points on this however (hours of reading haha) so whatever you find works best for you.[/quote]

The OP is not going to gain muscle mass on a cut… Did you mean if he wants to maximize the amount of muscle he will keep during his cut then you suggest taking in carbs pre morning cardio?

.greg.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]HighC wrote:
I agree with moving the carbs pre workout. Also if you’re doing H.I.I.T/intereval type training and you want to maximize your muscle gains I would suggest taking some form of carbs in the morning before your first cardio session since H.I.I.T training will require carbs or it will use your muscle as fuel. Doing sustained cardio (30-45 minute jog) can be done without carbs and not target your muscle as much. There are alot of different view points on this however (hours of reading haha) so whatever you find works best for you.[/quote]

The OP is not going to gain muscle mass on a cut… Did you mean if he wants to maximize the amount of muscle he will keep during his cut then you suggest taking in carbs pre morning cardio?

.greg.[/quote]

Yeah bad wording there. Obviously it is extremely difficult to add much muscle mass while cutting. I ment retain his current muscle gains.