50 pull ups
100 push ups
150 squats
50 calories on bike

Total time: 27:11
Time on bike: 11:04

Notes:

• Bodyweight movements weren’t terrible but the assault bike kicks my ass
  • Slightly less out of shape and less weak (still more to improve on. A bunch more)
  • Going to start doing assault bike stuff more often because i’m terrible at it
  • Feel like a full murph is more than achievable in under an hour once i’m better on assault bike. It’s less than 5 minutes after completion and i’m not really winded or tired
2 Likes

Super squats starts tomorrow. Going to use 225 to start program. Current nutrition strategy is going to involve pb&j’s, progressively increasing milk each week (lactose intolerant so lactose free milk), and beef

3 Likes

SUPER SQUATS Workout 1

BTN Press: 70x12,10,10
Bench: 155x12,10,10
Rows: 135x15,15
BB curl: 65x2x10
Squat: 225x20
Pullover: 20x2x20
SLDL: 225x15

Notes:

• Lots of anticipation for this 1st session
  • All was going well until the 16th rep of the squat. Then from there, I finished the set and sat down. Upon the post squat clarity, I simply asked myself “What the fuck am I getting into”
  • Can’t wait for Wednesday
  • For some reason, the squats gave me like a high. I have so much energy and just feel tingly
6 Likes

SS Workout 2

BTN Press: 75x10,10,10
Bench: 155x12,12,12
Row: 140x15,15
Curl: 75x10,10
Squat: 230x20
Pullover: 20x20

Notes:

• Skipped stiff leg deadlifts because family is in town and i caught nasty tension headache after the squat
  • These squats felt easier than last time so that’s cool
  • Every one of my squat sets from btm to super squats has been to “Meet Yo Maker” by Tommy Wright III. Great song but I need to find a different song
4 Likes

Can’t believe I missed out on another Super Squatter here! Outstanding to see dude

1 Like

it’s no super good mornings but it’s something

1 Like

smoked chicken made by yours truly. brother in law at the skin before i could get a picture

1 Like

always nice to see someone else decide to endure the horror of super squats. Cant wait to see how you get on.

2 Likes

SS Workout 3

Bench: 160x2x12
Rows: 160x2x15
Squat: 235x20
Pullover: 20x20

3 Likes

Hey @T3hPwnisher, did you get headaches during super squats? If so, what did you do about them? I can’t tell if mine are exertion or something to do with my neck like cramping.

Never had those myself, but my limited understanding is that exertion headaches tend to come with neck cramps, so sounds like same root cause there.

1 Like

Yeah. Just got it to go away by streching and lacrosse balling my neck. Going to start doing more neck work and streching

1 Like

I’m at a crossroads with super squats. If these headaches/migraines continue after doing to neck stuff, part of me wants to stop it early. The bigger part of me is saying the pain of the headaches isn’t anything compared to the pain of quiting. Really I do not know what to do

As I recall, @unicornsandrainbows had trouble with headaches during her first run of Super Squats. She eventually crushed the entire program, so obviously figured something out—maybe she’ll have some tips for dealing with that?

3 Likes

I didn’t get exertion headaches with super squats but I did get them for the 30 rep set I did on Friday. Neck tightness usually from too much time spent hunched over the lap top deff contributes to this for me. Also holding my breath too long when squatting also makes this worse. Keep an eye on how you are breathing when you squat and try to keep the head position neutral.

Thanks for the tag!
@freshyfresh good to see another taking on Super Squats. Welcome.
I ran Super Squats 1.3 times. The first .3 I ran into the same issue, exhertion headaches. Mine lasted for 2-3 days after each squat session. No amount of neck streching got them to go away. I ultimately ended up calling it. A few months later, after working on conditioning, adding band pull aparts and always streching my neck after lifting, I ran, and completed, Super Squats. I only did 2 sessions a week. Never got a headache round 2. I think I had to build my fitness up to it, but it may be different for you.

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ll keep it in mind for today’s session. Luckily my headaches don’t last days but more like a really bad hour (although the one from Friday kinda lingered through the weekend).

1 Like

When I did Deep Water, I’d get headaches after the squat workouts that were similar. I started taking excederin between sets 7 and 8 of the squats, and would have a sugar free Rockstar post workout, and that helped.

It’s not a lifestyle choice to make, but as far as surviving a program goes, you could do worse.

1 Like

I’ll pop an Advil in your honor before today’s session. If I was further into the program, I’d be more willing to grit it out but getting headaches that put me out for at least a hour 3x a week is a no go right now but we will see how today goes

1 Like