Doing Dumb Stuff as a College Kid

As the famed modern philosopher, Future, once said “She belong to the streets”

Always welcomed! I looked at the high sierra one on Amazon for like $25 and definitely going to get it after your recommendation. I’m 90% sure I’m going on my first camping trip this weekend so that’s going to be a blast!

3 Likes

531 W1C1D2

Time: 40 mins
Bench: 135x5, 150x5, 170x5
FSL: 135x5x5
100 Facepulls
DB Row: 70lbx 7x10
Decline Sit up: 10lb: 16,12
Pushdowns: 15lb: 15,10-5,7-3-3-2 (Myo-rep Match style)

Notes:

• WE HAD A 20 POINT CURVE ON MY BIO FINAL. This puts me at a B- in the class resulting in an overall 3.8 GPA. Pretty damn excited
  • BJJ later
  • Facepulls seem to make the difference with that bicep tendonitis. These will replace pull aparts
7 Likes

good job

3 Likes

Bjj

~1.5 hrs

Notes:

• FSL on squats made me feel amazing on the mats. I think pushing volume is what kills my BJJ.
5 Likes

Run:

35 Minutes

Notes:

• Watch was dead so I just ran for time. It was nice not to track and felt decent
  • “Russian Cream” by Key Glock was the standout song of the session. Awesome beat
  • Interview at 11 for a job
5 Likes

Got the job. Starting Friday

9 Likes

fantastic. congratulations.

1 Like

Great news! I hope it is a good fit.

1 Like

Thanks @unicornsandrainbows, @throwawayfitness

531 C1W1D4

Time: 34 mins

Press: 85x5, 100x5, 110x5
FSL: 85x5x5
100+ Facepulls

3 Rounds:
Inverted Row (weight vest 20lbs): 23, 20, 17
25lb Full ROM plate raise: 15, 10, 10
Hanging leg raise: 25, 21, 20

Notes:

• Pretty solid quick workout. Not trashed but I feel like I got good work in
  • My week of fucking around is over. It was nice to relax but I don’t like not having something to do. Feels weird to me
  • Summer classes start next week
  • Had sushi last night and got a good pump today. Felt like I filled out my tank top
9 Likes

~1.5 hours bjj

Notes:

• First day of work tomorrow. Aiming to get up at 5 to lift and walk dogs
5 Likes

531 C1W1D5

Time: 42

Deadlift: 200x5, 230x5, 260x5
FSL: 200x5x5
Extended ROM push-ups: 50
Chins: 50
BSS: 40lbx 20, 15
Hold: 50 sec

Notes:

• Tired and fatigue impacting lifting. I assume once my body gets use to less sleep I’ll be back to normal
9 Likes

I started a new job back in August that forced a shift to relatively early morning workouts, and I’m STILL waiting to get used to it… (Haha!)

Seriously, though, hang in there: As with so much else, the body and the mind adapt quickly when you’re working hard.

3 Likes

No lifting today. Have to be at work for 7:30 so that means leave at 7. Need to get up closer to 4:30-5 if I want to work out before work. 10hr shift today

3 Likes

531 C1W2D1

Time: 50 mins
Jumps: Single leg box jump: 3x3

Squat: 140x5, 160x5, 185x5
FSL: 140x5x5
Pause pull up: 9,8,8
Paused dip: 3x8
Pushdown: 15x2x12
RH: 180x20,15
Belt squat: 80x3x12
100 FP

Notes:

• going to have to combine OHP and deadlift in the same day due to work
  • the game plan is to have 3 days of primary lifting and fill in the rest. Getting up at 5 so I’ll have time to get conditioning in before work
  • 10 hour shifts seems to be the norm
  • Lots of concrete and gravel bag loading for this job so that makes me the human forklift of the store. Kinda cool and not to brag but I’m the most jacked at work!
  • Trying to find convenient meals to keep calories up
  • Overnight oats are saving my ass. Basically is my first meal of the day but I’m thinking of adding more calories into these
  • I’m nervous to go run at 5 AM because of crime. People are still breaking into cars at 5:30 am while strapped so we will see
  • Super productive day. Lifted, meal prepped, vacuum and mopped, new microwave installed, and finished mowing
10 Likes

No time for lifting. 10 Hr shift and dinner. Getting a tetanus shot so that’s fun. Got up at 3:30AM and didn’t lift. Mindset break. Will improve

4 Likes

531 C1W2D3

Time: 33 mins

50 FP
Bench: 125x5, 145x5, 160x5,
FSL: 125x5x5
Row: 90x6x10
Decline Sit up: 10: 17,16
Pushdown (long strap): 15lb: 15,11-4,10-5

Notes:

• Class starts today. I hate the fact we have shit due today and didn’t get emails and access to the course until yesterday. Once again, another poor handling by our university
  • I’m fucking stressed with the amount of work for the lab but we will get through it
  • Thinking about doing the velocity diet because of how busy I am. Not much time to eat and I’d rather have more time to train versus eat
  • Stressed overall trying to balance everything. Feeling sort of alone in the fight but “Clean Up Man” by B.G. is the anthem for this
  • Thinking about doing Bronson work as conditioning on work days. Takes like 20 minutes max with not much barrier to entry
9 Likes

No BJJ tonight

Taking the night off to just chill and be with the dogs. I think to constant go-go-go is getting to me. Everything is feeling hectic and I haven’t ate today. Going to lay out some standards and guidelines for myself to help mitigate any bad sides of been extremely busy.

Forgot to add in, kinda getting to the point where I don’t want to do anything outside of the bare minimum for lifting. Idk if this is just my body adjusting to work and less sleep or what, but I’m going to be easier on myself this week

Summer classes started and it’s just a lot. Like I said, take the night to recoup and attack the rest of the week

5 Likes

Conditioning

5 Rounds (5:28):

• 5 pull ups
  • 10 push ups
  • 15 squats

Notes:

• nothing amazing but you can’t build a habit without doing something
  • Up at 4:22. Did some NSDR and then fully got up at 5 but put off lifting.l
  • Just plugging away and building the habit
6 Likes

531 C1W2D5

Time: 50 mins

OHP: 80x5, 90x5, 105x5
FSL: 80x5x5
DL: 190x5, 215x5, 245x5
FSL: 190x5x5
Dips: 14,11,10
Chins: 13,12,10
BSS deathset: 35-8, 30-8, 25-8, 20-8

Notes:

• Can’t afford to do velocity diet so I will figure something out
  • Overall not happy with anything. College makes me miserable and summer classes are fueling that fire heavily
  • Totally forgot to mention, I carried 4x40lb bags of concrete in one go yesterday. Felt pretty badass
  • I’m thinking servings of ground beef for breakfast and dinner with a protein shake and sandwich for lunch is going to be the move
8 Likes

Sorry to hear this. Make some changes? Did you go camping?

Nice.

1 Like