T Nation

Doing a Stats Project, Could Use Some Help

If any of you have a minute and can help me out, I’m just looking for two points of data: your age and the current mileage on your primary vehicle.

Just need some numbers to crunch to see if there’s any correlation. Would be particularly helpful to get people under 25 and over 35, as the bulk of my data so far is within that age range.

Thanks!

43 50,800

43, 148,760

Also, 7.5" if you need another data point.

Clearly you are a bot trying to mine personal informations for commercial purposes.

1. 65000 miles.
    Last month~ 43 and 196000 miles

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
Clearly you are a bot trying to mine personal informations for commercial purposes.[/quote]

Ask anybody who has been on the boards a few years. Not a bot, promise.

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
Clearly you are a bot trying to mine personal informations for commercial purposes.[/quote]

Worst. Bot. Ever.

16.31415926 yrs old
489,622 miles

Outliers FTW!

29 / 12,000

Interesting project, 0% chance you can pull any kind of meaningful correlation between the two, but whatevs…

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
29 / 12,000

Interesting project, 0% chance you can pull any kind of meaningful correlation between the two, but whatevs…[/quote]

The point of the project isn’t to pull a correlation, it’s to show we know how to go about showing there is or isn’t a correlation using the methods we’ve learned.

[quote]carbiduis wrote:
16.31415926 yrs old
489,622 miles

Outliers FTW![/quote]

…and herein lies one of the problems with surveys

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
If any of you have a minute and can help me out

Just need some numbers to crunch to see if there’s any correlation.

Thanks![/quote]

The point of the project isn’t to pull a correlation, it’s to show we know how to go about showing there is or isn’t a correlation using the methods we’ve learned.[/quote]

Not what you said in your OP bud! I’m starting to think something nefarious is afoot…

51 1/2 :slight_smile:

What do I win, a t-shirt or shaker bottle???

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
29 / 12,000

Interesting project, 0% chance you can pull any kind of meaningful correlation between the two, but whatevs…[/quote]

The point of the project isn’t to pull a correlation, it’s to show we know how to go about showing there is or isn’t a correlation using the methods we’ve learned. [/quote]

Cool, I guess I misread your OP.

[quote]polo77j wrote:

Thanks![/quote]

The point of the project isn’t to pull a correlation, it’s to show we know how to go about showing there is or isn’t a correlation using the methods we’ve learned.[/quote]

Not what you said in your OP bud! I’m starting to think something nefarious is afoot…[/quote]

Hmmmmm…

[quote]polo77j wrote:

Thanks![/quote]

Not what you said in your OP bud! I’m starting to think something nefarious is afoot…[/quote]

LOL okay, please, come up with a scenario where knowing random peoples ages and car mileages somehow relates to some nefarious intent.

The project is “pick two variables and crunch the numbers to check for correlation”, not “try to prove a correlation between two variables”. My point was that the chance of there being a correlation doesn’t really matter, only that I can explain it using the correct methods.

[quote]polo77j wrote:

Thanks![/quote]

LOL okay, please, come up with a scenario where knowing random peoples ages and car mileages somehow relates to some nefarious intent.

The project is “pick two variables and crunch the numbers to check for correlation”, not “try to prove a correlation between two variables”. My point was that the chance of there being a correlation doesn’t really matter, only that I can explain it using the correct methods.[/quote]

Well “CappedAndPlanIt” you obviously have designed this analysis as a means to justify additional carbon taxes on older higher mileage drivers… Shame on you Mr. Gore.

[quote]polo77j wrote:

Thanks![/quote]

The project is “pick two variables and crunch the numbers to check for correlation”, not “try to prove a correlation between two variables”. My point was that the chance of there being a correlation doesn’t really matter, only that I can explain it using the correct methods.[/quote]

DEFLECTION!! That’s exactly what someone with a nefarious plot WOULD say!

28 / 175k

If you wanted to go for a correlation you might ask for income and car miles, might be something to that. Although I’m not sure people would be honest about their income.