Doing a Girl a Favor?

[quote]pappapump wrote:
My friend seems to think that he is doing his girl a favor by going out with her. He said and i quote"Im better looking in better shape and just plain better than her. ill do her a favor till i find someone better". I wanted to punch him in the fucking face.this girl is nice and is by no mean an ugly woman however even if she was i think this is uexcuseable. I really dont want to be this guys friend anymore. What are some of your thoughts on this?[/quote]

I think its ridiculous to be going against your friend in favor of his girl. Who was your friend first? Do you base your friendship on his relationships?

In my honest opinion, it sounds like you are jealous of him. If you want the chick, make it plain to your friend that plan to screw him over and go for it…don’t take the pussy route of telling her how bad her current boyfriend is, that is pretty much a bitch move, and really won’t get you too far anyway…what the hell happend to camaraderie and friendship anyway?

[quote]baretta wrote:
Sounds like you got the hots for her[/quote]

agreed

sounds like ur m8 is trying to be the big i am infront of his buddy or he thinks shes gonna dump him soon and is just tryin 2 save face

[quote]Muppet wrote:

“Keep your nose in your own buisness.”

[/quote]

The well-being of others should always be your business.

To Bodyguard: He shouldn’t just ignore his friend. That’s the passive-agressive approach. You should always meet conflict head on. EVEN IF IT LEADS TO YOUR DEATH!!

[quote]slimjim wrote:

I think its ridiculous to be going against your friend in favor of his girl. Who was your friend first? Do you base your friendship on his relationships?

In my honest opinion, it sounds like you are jealous of him. If you want the chick, make it plain to your friend that plan to screw him over and go for it…don’t take the pussy route of telling her how bad her current boyfriend is, that is pretty much a bitch move, and really won’t get you too far anyway…what the hell happend to camaraderie and friendship anyway?[/quote]

Camaraderie comes second to upholding right action. Once a friend stops being a good man, why keep him as a friend? And the little things matter. I’ve ended plenty of friendships due to their inability to live a life of morality, truth, and justice. Treating women badly or even just showing a deep-rooted disrespect for them should not be tolerated.

Who the hell cares what he thinks or does?

Do you think he is friend material? If yes, then he is a friend, if no then he isn’t. If he isn’t then don’t act like he is.

Rolo.

P.s. he’s a dick head.

[quote]HardcoreHorn wrote:
slimjim wrote:

In my honest opinion, it sounds like you are jealous of him. If you want the chick, make it plain to your friend that plan to screw him over and go for it…don’t take the pussy route of telling her how bad her current boyfriend is, that is pretty much a bitch move, and really won’t get you too far anyway…what the hell happend to camaraderie and friendship anyway?

Camaraderie comes second to upholding right action. Once a friend stops being a good man, why keep him as a friend? And the little things matter. I’ve ended plenty of friendships due to their inability to live a life of morality, truth, and justice. Treating women badly or even just showing a deep-rooted disrespect for them should not be tolerated.
[/quote]

So who determines what is moral, truth and justice? It must be really hard to be your friend with such high standards. nobody is perfect and we all have our flaws. Why not have fun while you can? If she’s a sucker enough to stick with such a tard, then its kinda her fault isn’t it.

I would lay down in traffic for my buddies. However, if one of them has disgusted you so much that you don’t want to hang around him anymore, then do the right thing and tell this girl he’s a scumbag.

But, if he was your good friend, you have an obligation to shut the fuck up, as girlfriends are mostly temporary.

[quote]pappapump wrote:
My friend seems to think that he is doing his girl a favor by going out with her. He said and i quote"Im better looking in better shape and just plain better than her. ill do her a favor till i find someone better". I wanted to punch him in the fucking face.this girl is nice and is by no mean an ugly woman however even if she was i think this is uexcuseable. I really dont want to be this guys friend anymore. What are some of your thoughts on this?[/quote]

My only advice would be that getting involved is not going to help you any. Either you’re going to end up looking like the dick, or you’re going to get cleanup duties.

[quote]baretta wrote:
HardcoreHorn wrote:
slimjim wrote:

So who determines what is moral, truth and justice? It must be really hard to be your friend with such high standards. nobody is perfect and we all have our flaws. Why not have fun while you can? If she’s a sucker enough to stick with such a tard, then its kinda her fault isn’t it.[/quote]

We all know deep inside when something is moral, truthful, or just. Most of us just deny or mistrust this instinctual and spiritual part of us.

But I do have to apologize. I made it sound like I’m judging these people, and that, one mistake, and they’re gone. In fact, I cannot judge any man. “Only God can judge me. Only God can save me.”

Of course, everybody makes mistakes in life and they are necessary for growth. The person in question doesn’t fit that bill, though. His attitude toward this woman is not a mistake, but a long-lasting character flaw. A mistake implies lack of intention, and willingness to learn from the mistake and hopefully not make it again in the future.

We all know deep inside when something is moral, truthful, or just. Most of us just deny or mistrust this instinctual and spiritual part of us.

But I do have to apologize. I made it sound like I’m judging these people, and that, one mistake, and they’re gone. In fact, I cannot judge any man. “Only God can judge me. Only God can save me.”

Of course, everybody makes mistakes in life and they are necessary for growth. The person in question doesn’t fit that bill, though. His attitude toward this woman is not a mistake, but a long-lasting character flaw. A mistake implies lack of intention, and willingness to learn from the mistake and hopefully not make it again in the future.[/quote]

What may seem moral and just to one society can have a completely different spin when presented to a different group of people, the whole “deep down inside of you” thing does not always apply if you haven’t learned that behavior.

In this case, the guy is going to do whatever he feels is best, as all of us should; we’re our own men(and women) here. However, don’t rationalize and sugar coat your decision, take an honest look at why you are doing what you are doing-whether its because you want this girl or you truly give a shit about his set of morals.

You sound rather young to me, so take the time to evaluate your options here before making a rushed decision and hasty decision, not everything in the world is black and white.

Bros before hoes.

[quote]slimjim wrote:
…not everything in the world is black and white.[/quote]

Matter, anti-matter. Light, dark. Positive, negative. Good, bad. Polarity is reality. Shades and spectrums are illusory contstructs of many different polarities interacting with one another.

Yes, in the world we live in, it is very difficult to live according to such an idea. Life just seems too complicated. But I try my best to simplify things as much as possible, as simplicity usually forshadows truth.

slimjim wrote:
…not everything in the world is black and white.

Matter, anti-matter. Light, dark. Positive, negative. Good, bad. Polarity is reality. Shades and spectrums are illusory contstructs of many different polarities interacting with one another.

Yes, in the world we live in, it is very difficult to live according to such an idea. Life just seems too complicated. But I try my best to simplify things as much as possible, as simplicity usually forshadows truth.

[/quote]

Ok, you are a religious man, let?s not go into that.

It does however, IMHO, make you see women in a way that is doing you no good.

Here is how that situation could really look like:

She knows this guy is an arrogant bastard. She even knows that he will nail her like grazy and dump her afterwards.

Great sex, no comittment, she can stay a nice girl, because after all, that mean man dumped her after just “using” her, sob…

Convenient, isn?t it?

Have your cake and eat it too!

She also gets an additional emotional roler-coaster ride for free!

If she is a little bit on the attention whorish side she will even find a decent guy she can tell all the “mean” things that guy did to her and psychologically neuter the “nice guy” in the process a little bit more than he allready is.

I am not saying all women are that way, only inmature girls are (no matter what their age might be), but if you see it that way she looks much less like a “victim”, the guy banging her is not an “asshole” for giving her what she wants, and anyone trying to “save” her is just blinded by the way he thinks women should be instead of accepting them for what they are.

[quote]baretta wrote:
Sounds like you got the hots for her[/quote]

no i dont have the hots for her i just like her as a friend. I dont know i may have taken it the wrong way but it jsut seemed like a cruel thing to say about someone he has said he loved. but that may be just me.

[quote]slimjim wrote:
pappapump wrote:
My friend seems to think that he is doing his girl a favor by going out with her. He said and i quote"Im better looking in better shape and just plain better than her. ill do her a favor till i find someone better". I wanted to punch him in the fucking face.this girl is nice and is by no mean an ugly woman however even if she was i think this is uexcuseable. I really dont want to be this guys friend anymore. What are some of your thoughts on this?

In my honest opinion, it sounds like you are jealous of him. If you want the chick, make it plain to your friend that plan to screw him over and go for it…don’t take the pussy route of telling her how bad her current boyfriend is, that is pretty much a bitch move, and really won’t get you too far anyway…what the hell happend to camaraderie and friendship anyway?[/quote]

ok i think i may have over stated to whole firend thing as well he is more of an aqantance than a friend i really dont like him all that much i donty ahte him but i really dont like him. ok im going to say this so it gets throught to ever one I DONT WANT TO DATE HER SHE IS MY FRIEND.

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:
pappapump wrote:
My friend seems to think that he is doing his girl a favor by going out with her. He said and i quote"Im better looking in better shape and just plain better than her. ill do her a favor till i find someone better". I wanted to punch him in the fucking face.this girl is nice and is by no mean an ugly woman however even if she was i think this is uexcuseable. I really dont want to be this guys friend anymore. What are some of your thoughts on this?

My only advice would be that getting involved is not going to help you any. Either you’re going to end up looking like the dick, or you’re going to get cleanup duties. [/quote]

i thinkyour right brother, it kinda blew over when i wrote the tread i was still kinda pissed now after thinking on it and taking in some opinons for all of you i think im just going to stay out of it, she isnt stupid and she may very well know hhow he is so fuck it what ever.

You should do her a favour, and ask her out

Seriously though, you can’t always take what a person says at face value. It might be he feels insecure about himself … he probably does feel for her but maybe she doesn’t fit the image he has of the perfect girl, maybe he thinks others will look down on him for going with a girl who is not a stunning model, maybe he was saying that to cover himself. You know, guys are weird. And very, very often, couples get together and everyone thinks “this ain’t gonna last” but for many reasons that people can’t fathom, it does last a lifetime.

Really, you have got to keep that in mind.

The best thing to do when someone says something like that is not punch 'em in the head, or get mad or whatever, but have a think about it and maybe ask them about it and see if you can find out what they really think of the girl. I mean, give her a compliment (ie tell the guy something good about the girl, like she is really funny or intelligent, but don’t make something up pick some quality she really has that you know of). If he is really trying to deal with her lacking in looks and his own insecurity about it, and how guys might look at him, he should take compliments about her as compliments about himself. And he might expand on it.

I mean, really, people don’t go out with each other unless they see something in the other, no matter what cover story they come up with.

After reading the first post and then the subsequent posts that include more information a little at a time until he drops the bomb and says that this friend that caused all of this internal conflict wasn’t really a friend to begin with.

I’m going to simplify this thread and lay it all out for you guys:

HHHHHAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR!!!

Imo, this was a thread just to start a thread. Papapump is the 2006 version of Proteinpowda - posting for posting’s sake.

DB