Dogpile 2010

Nice to see you back at it after all you went through late last year. It’s gonna be a great year, that much is sure!

Its hard to keep good form after a couple reps with deads. Not to sound to gay but you look like your getting some solid mass. The arms are looking thick.

Thanks all - Steve, that may be but it feels to me like the only mass gain is in my belly. Measured last for the new belt and it’s back up to 42 inches again.

Wado class last night was easy - Sensei didn’t try to kill us after the holidays as usual. But I was too revvedup to sleep right away, have to get used to the evening activity again.

Also ordered an EFS single prong 10mm belt last night. They say 2-3 weeks, hope it gets here sooner.

1/5/2010 w=214
Minimal warm-up & shldr rehab stuff
MP barx10, 55x5, 65x5, 75x3
Working sets 85x5, 95x5, 110x5
BBB 65x10 5 sets
110 felt heavy and I probably could not have pushed even 2-3 more, I blame lack of sleep, a bad attitude and too much lazy time off (in reverse order).

[quote]soldog wrote:
1/5/2010 w=214
Minimal warm-up & shldr rehab stuff
MP barx10, 55x5, 65x5, 75x3
Working sets 85x5, 95x5, 110x5
BBB 65x10 5 sets
110 felt heavy and I probably could not have pushed even 2-3 more, I blame lack of sleep, a bad attitude and too much lazy time off (in reverse order).
[/quote]

lol…yep. All 3 of those would be prime suspects. Put them together, though, and everything is more difficult.
Nice to have you back at it and moving forward! It wasn’t the same without your contribution.

I agree with Strick. Nice to have you back.

1/7/10
W=210
Bike 3 miles ride to salina: 280 to go SH Rehab
Squats (TM=265) barx10, 115x5, 150x3
Working sets 175x5, 200x5, 230x5
BBB 135x10 3 sets

Not too bad tonight, I think Iâ??m done with my re-integration and ready to up the intensity for week 2. I still have a bad attitude and have been sleeping like crap since starting work again after the holiday break. Seriously considering talking to the Dr. about depression treatment.

Damn man. I don’t have words that won’t sound empty and meaningless.

I hope you get to have some fun soon. No doubt some better weather would help. Keep on pushing through.

Good work, SD. I am glad you are in the gym even though you don’t feel like it.

Also, depression is nothing to mess with. Be proactive and don’t wait for it to climb on top of you. Exercise, Vitamin D, and coffee help me, but sometimes self-help isn’t enough. I wouldn’t hesitate to talk to the doc.

Nice work, Dog.

That sucks SD, hopefully you’ll find out something from the doc that will help you to get some sleep at the very least.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:
Good work, SD. I am glad you are in the gym even though you don’t feel like it.

Also, depression is nothing to mess with. Be proactive and don’t wait for it to climb on top of you. Exercise, Vitamin D, and coffee help me, but sometimes self-help isn’t enough. I wouldn’t hesitate to talk to the doc. [/quote]

I echo Jack. Having been there and done the meds, I know what you are going through. the training will help, still talk to the Doc

Thanks for the thoughts peeps! I’m upping my fish oil, vit D and starting a B-complex + 1000mg B12. We’ll see how it goes.

1/8/10
W=209
bike 3 mi ride to Salina: 273 to go, Sh rehab
Bench barx10, 95x5, 115x5
Working: 135x3, 155x3, 175x4
BBB 115x10 4 sets
Kroc rows 100x10 4 sets

May have set my bench training max too high, Iâ??ll let it ride for a cycle or two before resetting. Assistance work will increase again next week. Those kroc rows killed me cause I haven’t done them for almost 2 months.

I think that if you really work form and acceleration on the BBB sets your bench will settle in. I don’t see a lack of power there, just some power leakage from bar waver. That’s a motor skill.

And I’m butting in again.

[quote]DaCharmingAlbino wrote:
I think that if you really work form and acceleration on the BBB sets your bench will settle in. I don’t see a lack of power there, just some power leakage from bar waver. That’s a motor skill.

And I’m butting in again.[/quote]

no worries - all advice is appreciated

Just checkin in! New long and all…I’ll try to keep up.

:slight_smile:

Soldog, looking good. I do think Tony is right. The power is there. Like the rest of us, though, some is being wasted/lost.
Your reps, though, are more in line of what I am hoping to target when I get back on 5-3-1. I feel like I am cheating myself by getting 8, 9 or 10 reps on the 3’s week. The rep work is great, but I can do BBB for that. I need more time under heavier weight, hence my new NB workout.
Of course, it might just be me :slight_smile:

To work on form buy some efs short minis loop the minis through you pins set 8 inches below your bench and loop over bar and keep it snug with a collar. As you press up from deadstop off of your chest you will have to fight the bar and keep it under control – works wonders.

Hope this helps

Lift Strong

Wish everyone would stop butting in on your form. Looks like the bar is drifting back towards your head, kinda a bar waiver thing. Are we not suppose to butt in??