T Nation

Doggcrapp

Have anyone in here tried Doggcrapp and what was your experience with this training method?

i did and i liked it but it was brutal.

[smartass on]
It wasn’t nearly as effective as chickennshitt.
[smartass off]

ive seen guys who train One Arm French Fry Curls that look better than DC.

This guy I know at the gym does DoggCrap’s system. It is hard work and I thought he had an incredible recovery rate/system. Then after he gave me a website to read about DoggCrapp, I find out the secret of this guy’s recovery. Well not a secret, just a minor detail. He was cycling steroids to help him recover, which is fine. This guy could afford it, $900+ he said he spends on his stuff.

The sad thing was that this guy does it for himself and to show off his body, not for competition which I thought most people would devote the time and money to achieve such results in a short period of time.

I could be wrong, but wouldn’t that be more a waste for just purposes for show n tell rather than to compete?

OK, let me explain better i made very good gains on his system and so did my partners. It’s a HIT derivative with only 3 weight workouts per week, one set to failure with 1-2 exercises per body part.

Surely you don’t need steroids to recover from those workouts and i don’t see why his routine would “suck”, espacially since just about any new routine gives people results so you should see something even if you have the worst genetics. And his style of training is designed for maximum recovery.

[quote]Gregus wrote:

Surely you don’t need steroids to recover from those workouts and i don’t see why his routine would “suck”, espacially since just about any new routine gives people results so you should see something even if you have the worst genetics. And his style of training is designed for maximum recovery.[/quote]

Agreed on that. I reallly like DC training and respect the man. However it’s not truely a 3 days a week program. Dante (DC) has several different plans, including training 2, 3 or 4 times per week depending on the recovery capacity of the individual.

It’s based on the idea of training a muscle more frequently, but with less volume, which is in accordance with what many coaches now do. CW works this way a lot. And I do to with my athletes.

I personally love rest-pauses (which are used in DC training) as well as isometrics (also used). And feel that this training program is sound and can be very effective with or without anabolic aids.

I need to build my inner, lower pecs…theres pure bone @ my solar plexus area…the rest of my chest is coming along little by little thanks to your tips. my shoulders and tris are huge! am i genetically f’d?

Sadly there is no such thing as either inner or lower pecs … much less and inner lower pec!

You probably have a long pectoral attachment to the sternum, sadly, you really cannot hypertrophy tendons significantly. The only thing you can do is to make your chest as big as possible and eventually it will look fuller.

[quote]MJC wrote:
I need to build my inner, lower pecs…theres pure bone @ my solar plexus area…the rest of my chest is coming along little by little thanks to your tips. my shoulders and tris are huge! am i genetically f’d?[/quote]

do some heavy weighted dips

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
Gregus wrote:

Surely you don’t need steroids to recover from those workouts and i don’t see why his routine would “suck”, espacially since just about any new routine gives people results so you should see something even if you have the worst genetics. And his style of training is designed for maximum recovery.

Agreed on that. I reallly like DC training and respect the man. However it’s not truely a 3 days a week program. Dante (DC) has several different plans, including training 2, 3 or 4 times per week depending on the recovery capacity of the individual.

It’s based on the idea of training a muscle more frequently, but with less volume, which is in accordance with what many coaches now do. CW works this way a lot. And I do to with my athletes.

I personally love rest-pauses (which are used in DC training) as well as isometrics (also used). And feel that this training program is sound and can be very effective with or without anabolic aids.[/quote]

Christian - do you think his gigantic amounts of protein (at least 2 gram pr pound)are worth doing and neccesary to gain?

I work out alone, and find it difficult to rest/pause and do statics. What do you think of doing 2 sets to near failure for the same amounts of reps of a rest/pause set to failure?

Rest pause is used because you don’t need a partner not because you will need one. The idea there is to put the bar back for a few seconds, just enough to let you do another rep when you pick it up, not get stuck with it.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
Sadly there is no such thing as either inner or lower pecs … much less and inner lower pec!

You probably have a long pectoral attachment to the sternum, sadly, you really cannot hypertrophy tendons significantly. The only thing you can do is to make your chest as big as possible and eventually it will look fuller.

[/quote]

I’m glad you wrote this. It seems that no matter how often that myth is shot down, some guy who really just needs more overall size will still believe it. In fact, I remember thinking I needed more mass there specifically when I first started. I don’t think that way anymore because I now realize how much overall size plays a role in filling out many weak points.

Your “inner pecs” (which don’t exist) is simply the cleavage from having two large muscle groups next to each other at the sternum. If your clavicle sticks out more than that part of your chest, you need more size on your chest…all over.

Christian
I’ve read his stuff and it seems interesting. Maybe there could be an article or interview on his programs. I know that he charges for his routines, so therefore it may not be all together plausible, but the static stretching stuff is definitely a twist no matter what workout is done. Just a thought.

I’m glad CT jumped in here, as the first glance I gave this thread I just knew there would be someone to bash his program and say that steriods are the only way to properly recover. I remember seeing CT on musclemayhem months ago and I always wondered what he thought about DC.

Let me tell you this, I made the best size gains of my life on DC, going from 195 to 222 within 7 weeks. My strength went through the roof. On the interview, them man personally trains people and there are tons of stickies on the net with info about the program, but sadly, only about 40% of the program is posted, as he charges $500 for 6 months to train a person, so I doubt an interview will be in order. On the steriod argument, 85% on his trainees are natural, and that includes guys that post on his discussion board.

As for the rest pauses, people usually do any shoulder presses and bench presses(usually incline or dexcline only) in the smith machine, and if you don’t have a partner, it is requires, as you will be going to failure oin every rest pause miniset, then doing a static hold(isometric hold) for 30 seconds.

Hmmm lol maybe you could put it on here… nah as much as I would love that, Dante is well respected …and for good reason obviously. I just thought that he would get better recognition and more clients by posting/teaming up with T-mag.

[quote]WguitarG wrote:
I’m glad CT jumped in here, as the first glance I gave this thread I just knew there would be someone to bash his program and say that steriods are the only way to properly recover. I remember seeing CT on musclemayhem months ago and I always wondered what he thought about DC.

Let me tell you this, I made the best size gains of my life on DC, going from 195 to 222 within 7 weeks. My strength went through the roof. On the interview, them man personally trains people and there are tons of stickies on the net with info about the program, but sadly, only about 40% of the program is posted, as he charges $500 for 6 months to train a person, so I doubt an interview will be in order. On the steriod argument, 85% on his trainees are natural, and that includes guys that post on his discussion board.

As for the rest pauses, people usually do any shoulder presses and bench presses(usually incline or dexcline only) in the smith machine, and if you don’t have a partner, it is requires, as you will be going to failure oin every rest pause miniset, then doing a static hold(isometric hold) for 30 seconds. [/quote]

So you’re saying you cant train the program if you train alone?

Well thats why i thought i could do two sets to near failure instead of one RP. He already does two sets on those exercises you cant RP, so i cant see why you cant do it this way. I think its safer this way than doing grinding reps three times during a RP set.

If you did two sets to near failure, you would make progress, but it would not be anything resembling DC training. If you take away the intensity and the RP sets, you are gutting the program. Yes, you can do this program alone, but please read more about it first at Intense Muscle or Muscle Mayhem.

I never said you can’t train alone, just that certain exercises will require the smith if you do, such as presses for the chest. I’m not ripping on you, but if you go over to either of those boards and present this alternative, you will get blugeoned, as about 500 other guys have suggested the same route you have and received subpar results and claimed the training didn’t work for them. Lifting to failure is what this program is about. Your alternative is something they do during “cruising”(basically a downweek or two), just to ptu it in perspective about the intensity of this program. Let me know if I can help, but beawre, this program is the most brutal you will ever do, especially legs.

[quote]kasper2133 wrote:
WguitarG wrote:
I’m glad CT jumped in here, as the first glance I gave this thread I just knew there would be someone to bash his program and say that steriods are the only way to properly recover. I remember seeing CT on musclemayhem months ago and I always wondered what he thought about DC.

Let me tell you this, I made the best size gains of my life on DC, going from 195 to 222 within 7 weeks. My strength went through the roof. On the interview, them man personally trains people and there are tons of stickies on the net with info about the program, but sadly, only about 40% of the program is posted, as he charges $500 for 6 months to train a person, so I doubt an interview will be in order. On the steriod argument, 85% on his trainees are natural, and that includes guys that post on his discussion board.

As for the rest pauses, people usually do any shoulder presses and bench presses(usually incline or dexcline only) in the smith machine, and if you don’t have a partner, it is requires, as you will be going to failure oin every rest pause miniset, then doing a static hold(isometric hold) for 30 seconds.

So you’re saying you cant train the program if you train alone?

Well thats why i thought i could do two sets to near failure instead of one RP. He already does two sets on those exercises you cant RP, so i cant see why you cant do it this way. I think its safer this way than doing grinding reps three times during a RP set.[/quote]

I’m a few weeks into Doggcrapp and noticing some good results, and I really like the workouts.

kasper,
if you want any help with DC training or exercise suggestions when working out alone just PM me. I’ve been training alone for over a year now DC style with no partner.