Doggcrapp Advice Needed

[quote]Amartin wrote:
I don’t see you giving him a routine…
[/quote]

That’s pretty obvious considering I said that in my post. I’m just saying it sucks to see people rip on beginners because some of them might get discouraged. I probably would if I actually gave a shit about people on the internet.

OP, if you’re about to leave the pitch behind and want to give your joints a break, DC isn’t your best bet…Maybe consider some higher volume, low intensity training for a while like Serge Nubret’s program or GVT.

I played rugby from 18-21 and ended up having surgery on both my knee(meniscus repair) and shoulder(labrum repair w/acromioplasty) so I know how ya feel. I ran DC for a while but my joints were aching all the time. Switched to Nubret’s program and I’m loving it; while I love going balls to the wall, in the end it’s about longevity. Guys like us have to keep in mind that our bodies only have capacity for so much punishment, and rugby- though it satisfies my thirst for violence- uses up quite a bit of that capacity.

Just some food for thought. Good luck in whatever you choose to do.

[quote]Aopocetx wrote:

[quote]Amartin wrote:
I don’t see you giving him a routine…
[/quote]

That’s pretty obvious considering I said that in my post. I’m just saying it sucks to see people rip on beginners because some of them might get discouraged. I probably would if I actually gave a shit about people on the internet.[/quote]

T

Beginners should do more research before they ask questions.

Your post is worthless.

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:

[quote]myself1992 wrote:

[quote]Amartin wrote:
Your not ready for DC.[/quote]
There’s no way you’d know if he’s ready or not from the info given. [/quote]

Well, to be fair, he said he was 19, and Dante said people shouldn’t do the program unless they were 26 or so.

So you technically can, I suppose.
[/quote]

WTF?

I know nothing of this program other than the stretches are suppose to be hardcore, so srs question: Why does he recommend that you be 26 before you start?

is because of the stretches and young developing bodies or because you should be doing cycles of test and tren before you start considering DC? (ha j/k)

[quote]paulieserafini wrote:

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:

[quote]myself1992 wrote:

[quote]Amartin wrote:
Your not ready for DC.[/quote]
There’s no way you’d know if he’s ready or not from the info given. [/quote]

Well, to be fair, he said he was 19, and Dante said people shouldn’t do the program unless they were 26 or so.

So you technically can, I suppose.
[/quote]

WTF?

I know nothing of this program other than the stretches are suppose to be hardcore, so srs question: Why does he recommend that you be 26 before you start?

is because of the stretches and young developing bodies or because you should be doing cycles of test and tren before you start considering DC? (ha j/k)[/quote]

I’ve never heard the 26 year old thing. I’d think you’d want to be relatively younger, so that the stretches and stuff would be able to better manipulate a still ‘malleable’ structure (at least what I recall).

I’ve usually seen 3 ‘solid’ years of lifting (not BS, actual good diet/program/progress) and pushing pretty advanced numbers being the ‘minimum’ for DC. Basically, you have to know have proven you can push yourself in the gym to a limit that most newbs/intermediates can’t.

I’ll throw my opinion in the ring here - If you have some serious injuries that you’re trying to recover from, while utilizing the best [u]pure bodybuilding[/u] program possible, I’d personally say go for a Mountain Dog-inspired routine. There’s been quite a few articles here written by John Meadows. Myself, and many others, have switched to this kind of method with awesome results.

Here’s the thing - the program, due to its intensity techniques, will allow you to really harness and start “getting” the mind muscle connection rather than just throwing up weight… something that I personally have a negative experience with. One I learned how to fire my pecs when pressing, rather than using pecs/delts/tris (etc,) the results are there. Also, you’re still using ‘primary’ exercises, but sometimes/generally later in the routine, which allows you to still use your compounds but without the wear and tear on your joints and all that jazz.

What most people fail to understand about this kind of training is that you still want to progressively use heavier weights - something that should be a staple of every single routine.

Alright thanks for the help people, Ill look into Max-OT, Nubret’s and then Mountain Dog one and go from there.

Thanks again.

[quote]SSC wrote:
What most people fail to understand about this kind of training is that you still want to progressively use heavier weights - something that should be a staple of every single routine.[/quote]

This is a really important point.

what are OPs lifts at anyway?

and bodyfat?

maybe the 3 years thing is because they believe most beginners would progress faster on a higher frequency(frequency is the cornerstone of DC after all) routine, and maybe 400g(2g/lb) protein a day and carb cutoffs is too much for a beginner to handle, and not needed, and even with all that you might progress slower than a routine that requires substantially less effort

My lifts are have reached a plateau.

Squats : 8 x 315 lbs atg
Incline Bench : 6 x 205 lbs

I don’t remember deadlifts what I was at.

Anyways, those are my lifts.