T Nation

Dogg Crapp

I have completed 1st week of dc i am doing the 4 day split which suits me better quicker plus bit more rest .i push bike to work and on my feet all day at work so constantly ache that’s one reason doing 4 day split i am 40 and trained for20 + years u wouldn’t think so if u saw me lots of ups and downs injuries working away not been able to get to gym but last few years have been stable just starting to get back strength after slipped disc ruined legs and back work .

my question is with the 4 day split do u still do 1 exercise per body part just that have watched a bit on u tube and a few were adding flys side raises as window makers

[quote]big la wrote:
I have completed 1st week of dc i am doing the 4 day split which suits me better quicker plus bit more rest .i push bike to work and on my feet all day at work so constantly ache that’s one reason doing 4 day split i am 40 and trained for20 + years u wouldn’t think so if u saw me lots of ups and downs injuries working away not been able to get to gym but last few years have been stable just starting to get back strength after slipped disc ruined legs and back work .

my question is with the 4 day split do u still do 1 exercise per body part just that have watched a bit on u tube and a few were adding flys side raises as window makers[/quote]
I managed to squat ok other day no problems so start building weight back up

[quote]big la wrote:

my question is with the 4 day split do u still do 1 exercise per body part just that have watched a bit on u tube and a few were adding flys side raises as window makers[/quote]
What does your current 4 day split look like - what are you doing on each of the 4 days you train?

Maybe toss your question in the DC training thread:

It’s long-running, so try reading through it a bit. Maybe it’s been addressed already.

Also, since recovery is an issue, you might want to consider Wendler’s 5/3/1-DC routine from today’s article:

It’s the opposite of what you’re doing and calls for training “just” two days a week.