Dog Pound Update

As someone who has been accepted into the Pound (I used to post as TeddyKGB for those of you who are not familiar with me), I think that we are really going to have to make a conscious effort to go out of our way to help the newbies with their questions if we are to keep T-Nation growing. If everyone does there part (and many already do), this should minimize the number of people who consider the whole “elitist” mindset. Just my two cents.

Couple of things:

I’ve thought that maybe I haven’t recognized people because they post on the steroid forum, which I never read (spongbob, Tren-Freak). Oh well, I’m sure the mods have their reasons for accepting.

I am loving the Dog Pound right now. I find my self reading EVERY post because there’s a good chance that there will be good info in everyone, instead of most of the filler crap that’s in half the posts on some of these threads.

Good point! Honestly, I think a lot of the Dog Pound member will be around T-mag more often. That was one of the chief complaints we had - we all wanted to still be part of T-Mag, but we also wanted a place where we could talk more freely. It was a pain to check both our “Annex” group and T-Mag and now we can do it all at one site.

You can’t please everyone all of the time. It’s true in every aspect of life and business. You have to deal with it.

Just a random thought, but the quality of posts on the old forums over the past day or so seems to be better than before. Lots of names I’ve never seen before but happy to have around. Looks like things are going to be better all-around despite the protest.

How do you find the Dog Pound forum? I can’t find the entranceway.

It’s at the top of this page with all the other new forums. If you can’t see them you may need to change your bookmark or hit reload/refresh.

Good observation, DocT. I’ve been a big fan of T-Mag ever since I accidentally stumbled across it some time ago and instantly recognized T.C., Charles Poliquin, and others who used to be MM2K back when. And I have to admit that the thought of participating with the “vets” who have tons of training/supplementation knowledge has caused me to emerge from the shadows and want to post and express a viewpoint on occasion with the thought that I might too someday be one of the “elite” and be a “Pounder”. Stupid maybe, superficial to some, but you guys do have a lot to offer, and I would consider it a privilege to be among your ranks. That, plus the opportunity to jump into the debate mode with a few of you once in awhile is a motivator. Actually though, this is a real stupid time to make my first post since this is (was) New Year’s Eve, it’s nearly 2am, and I’ve consumed several adult beverages! Hey, I promise the posts will get better! Happy New year to All! (Hic) :slight_smile:

The e-mail addresses you provided for Dog Pound membership aren’t working. Please contact me. cs@t-mag.com

Spongebob - Let me know if your password is working now.

I’ve been a lurker since issue 91 or 92. I have not posted until recently and I am not worried about the possibility of the vets posting to themselves alone. They probably already do it. As long as the info flows, who cares?

Bumping this for the lost souls out there…Patricia :slight_smile: