T Nation

Dog Diet?

I have a dog , max , he is victim of allergic disease. with the problem I also so worried about

my dog health his skin like an infected insect bite, allergic skin disorder are not clear

on his body.its like a eczema disease but I don’t know what I do for him, If any have any information about this then share with nice word, with good patronage…

I personally would not eat a dog with a weird skin disease.

I know from my own experience with an allergy ridden pet that chicken products and grains (wheat) exacerbate her allergy symptoms.

Many commercial kibble brands are just crap loaded with fillers like grains, and often have crude protein and fats from chicken. Look for more natural brands without those ingredients (bison, yam, fish and rice are usually not problematic). Better yet, supplement your pets diet with fish oil (human brands are more pure), fresh raw meats (introduce gradually), and chopped vegetables, along with small doses of cottage cheese. Also, I’ve found that our dog reacted favorably to Evening Primrose Oil (a natural anti-inflammatory oil).

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
I know from my own experience with an allergy ridden pet that chicken products and grains (wheat) exacerbate her allergy symptoms.

Many commercial kibble brands are just crap loaded with fillers like grains, and often have crude protein and fats from chicken. Look for more natural brands without those ingredients (bison, yam, fish and rice are usually not problematic). Better yet, supplement your pets diet with fish oil (human brands are more pure), fresh raw meats (introduce gradually), and chopped vegetables, along with small doses of cottage cheese. Also, I’ve found that our dog reacted favorably to Evening Primrose Oil (a natural anti-inflammatory oil).

[/quote]

VERY good advice but to add on a bit:

Please don’t take any chances with your pets. You don’t get any feedback from them like you would signs from a human. Be sure to post this on a pet specific site as well as CONSULT A VET. They are well worth the money.