T Nation

Dog Catches A Shark

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=23375

Sweet!!

i’m pretty sure that shark was already dead. they don’t just go limp when on a hook. it would have been pretty frantic and at that size strong enough to kill or seriously hurt the dog without even using it’s preoccupied mouth.

That shark was dead. It looked like it was a fetching toy.

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
That shark was dead. It looked like it was a fetching toy.[/quote]

Yea, that was about as awesome as “Dog catches a sock.”

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
That shark was dead. It looked like it was a fetching toy.[/quote]

No way! The shark just knew it was no match for the dog, and gave up without a fight, because the dog was so ferocious!

Okay, maybe the shark was dead, if it was a real shark at all.

And it’s probably not a good idea to teach the dog that a shark is a fun toy to play with…just in case they come across a real, or living one.

[quote]SWR wrote:
And it’s probably not a good idea to teach the dog that a shark is a fun toy to play with…just in case they come across a real, or living one. [/quote]

A dog would not even get close to a live shark in the water, unless it is already hooked. A shark will quickly dart away from anything that approaches…unless it is hungry or curious of what is nearby.

I don’t think it was dead, but you gotta remember that catching a shark on a hook is a bit different from catching a bass. You tend to fight them for hours before you can bring them in, and they can get real exhausted from that, to the point they don’t move anymore.

Still, the dog didn’t really catch the shark, and it might be a bad idea for any mammal to try and fight a large shark in water. They kind of evolved in those conditions, so that might give them an ever so slight advantage.