Does Your GF/Wife/Partner Even Lift?

Hi friends,

Ill keep this short. Does your partner lift? If not, does this cause any problems/tension within the relationship? If yes, was it you that got them into the lifestyle?

Im asking this, as my gf is getting all serious on me… but I have a problem… she does not lift.

tweet

Mine does. Lifelong athlete.

Wouldnt even consider being with a girl who wasnt into hard painful and sweaty training on her own

Sort of a strange thing to ask…

But seriously…

My more recent ex (4 days now) did not lift and thought I was obsessed when I told her I was at the gym and got off work expecting to hang out. she would get disappointed. I broke up with her for other reasons but being with her made me not want to go to the gym. Since the 4 days I’ve been away from her I am having unreal workouts again. I tried to get her to go to the gym for health reasons as she had depression but was very self conscious. It really played into my psyche.

Thus far, best decision of my life to let her go. Not saying to do that with your current gf hah.

Sure does. One of the things that made me want to marry her. She has created herself an amazing ass.

[quote]theBird wrote:
Does your partner lift?

If yes, was it you that got them into the lifestyle?
[/quote]

Yes and Yes

My gf doesn’t lift, but she understands and accommodates my passion for it.

Yes. We do Wendler 5-3-1 together for the last year, and track all our progress together. We’re taking private MMA and boxing lessons, and we also play in a competitive co-ed flag football league on the weekends. I’m 41, she’s 46, and she’s a special needs teacher. I couldn’t be happier, it’s an amazing relationship.

[quote]ProRaven wrote:
Yes. We do Wendler 5-3-1 together for the last year, and track all our progress together. We’re taking private MMA and boxing lessons, and we also play in a competitive co-ed flag football league on the weekends. I’m 41, she’s 46, and she’s a special needs teacher. I couldn’t be happier, it’s an amazing relationship. [/quote]

Damn… you’re a lucky man.

[quote]Fuzzyapple.Train wrote:
My more recent ex (4 days now) did not lift and thought I was obsessed when I told her I was at the gym and got off work expecting to hang out. she would get disappointed. I broke up with her for other reasons but being with her made me not want to go to the gym. Since the 4 days I’ve been away from her I am having unreal workouts again. I tried to get her to go to the gym for health reasons as she had depression but was very self conscious. It really played into my psyche.

Thus far, best decision of my life to let her go. Not saying to do that with your current gf hah. [/quote]
Been there, myself.

If you genuinely care about a person, it sucks the life out of you… and feel guilty when you think about leaving her. At least I did.

You def did the right thing.

[quote]imhungry wrote:

Thus far, best decision of my life to let her go. Not saying to do that with your current gf hah. [/quote]
Been there, myself.

If you genuinely care about a person, it sucks the life out of you… and feel guilty when you think about leaving her. At least I did.

You def did the right thing.[/quote]

No he didnt.

Not one mention of a powerbomb or clothesline anywhere

No thumbtacks or barbed wire…nothin

I though you were from the home of ECW

if she does lift, post pics in this thread…

Dated a chick that would get pissed that I wanted to lift 4-5 days a week. That relationship didn’t last long. I like a girl that’s into lifting, don’t want her to get fat then resent me cause I look better then her

yes

no

[quote]theBird wrote:
Does your partner lift?

If yes, was it you that got them into the lifestyle?
[/quote]

Yes and Yes.

She would go for runs and stuff but never really was in the gym. We started going together and lifting together and now she’s in the weight room 4 days a week (well before the baby anyway)

She was an athlete growing up. State champs in lacross and soccer a few times in highschool and played lacross in college.

ya my girl lifts. When we first met she was very skinny, with a BMI of 17 I think.

She didn’t like being bony, particularly her shoulder blades sticking out and bony arse. She was doing loads of cardio which wasn’t doing her any favours so I mentioned that if she wanted to change her shape then lifting weights was the easiest way. I told her to try it once and if she didn’t like it then she doesn’t have to do it again.

Fast forward 6 months and she loves it! She getting strong so fast it’s alarming, going from lunging with the 5k dumbells to using the 24k’s! She’ll be stronger than me if she keeps improving at this rate.

She’s also really good at hitting her protein target (I told her anything above 100g), and sometimes I catch her watching things like Ronnie Coleman training videos and other inspirational lifting shit like that. I’ve turned her into a total meathead! I hope she doesn’t leave me for a bodybuilder…

She’s also gained ~10lbs, which has pretty much all gone to her glutes, :). And her cup size has gone up two sizes too.

I am very proud of her and the progress she’s made.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
ya my girl lifts. When we first met she was very skinny, with a BMI of 17 I think.

She didn’t like being bony, particularly her shoulder blades sticking out and bony arse. She was doing loads of cardio which wasn’t doing her any favours so I mentioned that if she wanted to change her shape then lifting weights was the easiest way. I told her to try it once and if she didn’t like it then she doesn’t have to do it again.

Fast forward 6 months and she loves it! She getting strong so fast it’s alarming, going from lunging with the 5k dumbells to using the 24k’s! She’ll be stronger than me if she keeps improving at this rate.

She’s also really good at hitting her protein target (I told her anything above 100g), and sometimes I catch her watching things like Ronnie Coleman training videos and other inspirational lifting shit like that. I’ve turned her into a total meathead! I hope she doesn’t leave me for a bodybuilder…

She’s also gained ~10lbs, which has pretty much all gone to her glutes, :). And her cup size has gone up two sizes too.

I am very proud of her and the progress she’s made.[/quote]

She will leave you for a wrestler.

As soon as i land in Scotland…