Does Your Body Burn a Certain Macro Depending on the Ratio?

how many weeks did you cut for your show?

1 Like

Five and half months. Too long! But I had a lot of weight to lose, 37 pounds!

2 Likes

Im down to 184.4 from 225lbs. I probably have another 10lbs tops. Ill take a diet break/deload/half cardio next week, and re assess during that week. Ill come back full force.

Ive been cutting for about 7 months. Even though im losing fat every week, i still feel like i should take a week to make changes. Maybe i can get rid of some water retention from increasing cals.

How tall are you?

The problem isn’t “water retention”. It’s the fat cells holding the water.

Salt is a primary factor in water retention - above hormones and anything else. You can reduce salt intake, but that still won’t solve the issue.
Schematic to illustrate the complex control of fluid and sodium balance and the multiple ways in which estradiol (E2) and progesterone (P4) may influence these processes. AVP indicates arginine vasopressin; ANG II, angiotensin II; CNS, central nervous system; PNS, peripheral nervous system; RAAS, renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system.

(Feb 8th)

(now)

You’re down ~5lbs in 3 months. Either increase cardio or decrease calories. A week off to reset can help if adherence is waning - just don’t be a dummy on what you’re eating
 you’ve been tracking intake - continue to track intake on your diet break (don’t eat in a surplus!).

1 Like

I already did all that LMFAO. Ive been losing Œ" off my waist weekly but the scale hasnt budged. Ive upped cardio and dropped cals and still nothing. Its weird.

Water being in the fat cells is still water retention, isnt it? Then a whoosh is supposed to get rid of that water. Is water rerention only subcutaneous under skin?

I have so much fat marbling under my skin its insane. I think once i shed this water from the cells, ill lose at least 3lbs.

Im 6ft

That’s impressive. Great work

1 Like

I don’t think this is going to work the way you want.

Go do 30 mins cardio and then sit in a sauna for 20 mins. You’ll shed plenty of water weight that way, maybe it comes back, maybe it doesn’t.
^i lost 5lbs doing this, then regained all of it after days of trying to rehydrate

I’ve been dealing with the same thing. I wish I knew what the answer was. Oddly, I feel really good physically, better than when cals were higher.

Was your weight loss to this point linear or did you drop weight in spurts?

And congratulations on your progress so far.

Im hoping that a diet break will help. Apparently a cheat meal or higher carbs somehow allows the body to finally release the pent up water in the fat cells.

Do you think the fact that im doing a fullbody 3 day powerlifting split is the reason why my fat cells are holding water more so? Or is it just a hormonal thing?
I ask becase i noticed CNS on the chart your posted.

It hasnt been linear since i was 200lbs. I would stall for 1-3 weeks then suddenly drop 3lbs.

Do you care about losing fucking water weight (scale weight) or getting the fucking fat off your body?

Missing the forest for the trees.

The water is in the fat cells so i think its one in the same. Yes, looks matter to me. Thats why im cutting. If I dont like the way i look ill keep cutting until i reach the point where it may be unhealthy. The scale weight and look coincides more than you act like it does. Yes, there are exceptions that you can look a bit better despite scale weight not changing. Im not “missing the forest for trees” my guy. :joy:

Anyways, i think i finally got the ball rolling again. Im down to 184lbs now and look a little tighter. Could be bricks advice or coincidence but ever since i changed up macros a bit i went form 184.8 to 184.4 to 184lbs in a few days time.

You’ve got it all figured out then.

Not sure why you keep making posts.

1 Like

Because had i not, BrickHead wouldnt have gave me good advice.

Umm, this is the most bro-sciency thing I’ve read in a while. Fat is hydrophobic so why would water, in any appreciable amount, absorb into fat cells? It wouldn’t. Lean muscle mass has a much higher water content than fat cells, by about 8-fold. You’ve created some odd narratives in your mind, like this:

Again, water in your fat cells is not your problem. Where did you hear this? And what why would a full body workout somehow push extra water in your fat cells?