Does Weight Lifting Make You Better Looking??

not talking about physique-wise but face-wise does it make you better looking, I feel that since i started lifting i’ve become more good looking, like before i used to have a round big looking face that seemed to elongate now that i’ve started cutting i can see contours (probably not right choice of word, but oh well) and it doesn’t look as elongated anymore. I’ve heard when you lift heavy over time your facial structure changes from all the scrunching, any truth to this?

Your neck could thicken from strengthening tendons/traps, and if your BF drops your face could slim up/chisel, but I don’t see what else you could be asking…

I mean, now that my neck and shoulders are far wider than when I was like 16, I can pull a thick goatee perfectly.

My girlfriend says “If you’re ugly, you’re ugly. Muscles won’t make you good looking. You can’t change ugly.”

Sorry.

[quote]goochadamg wrote:
My girlfriend says “If you’re ugly, you’re ugly. Muscles won’t make you good looking. You can’t change ugly.”

Sorry.[/quote]
x2. You will get attention though.

naw I say lifting does make you look better. Fully clothed I still prefer the way I look at 220 than 185.

Course I get all jacked and pumped up from my workouts so I feel really great. So I think I look better but I really just feel better.

I’m even thinking of posting a picture of myself here. I’m gonna go full celtic…(all naked cept a little black box). heh :wink:

As a woman, I can tell you if you take two guys you’d consider average looking and put a jacked up on body on one, he is automatically more attractive. No contest.

[quote]goochadamg wrote:
My girlfriend says “If you’re ugly, you’re ugly. Muscles won’t make you good looking. You can’t change ugly.”

Sorry.[/quote]

Um what is your “girlfriend” trying to tell you and is it time to dump her?

Well, you can lose fat from your face if you’re getting healthier.

hair can change how you look and losing weight can. cutting my hair short made my face much more angular and i can pull off a scuffy 19 year old’s facial hair perfectly. Lol.

[quote]attydeb2005 wrote:

[quote]goochadamg wrote:
My girlfriend says “If you’re ugly, you’re ugly. Muscles won’t make you good looking. You can’t change ugly.”

Sorry.[/quote]

Um what is your “girlfriend” trying to tell you and is it time to dump her?[/quote]

My girlfriends are proud of my ugly mug.

[quote]attydeb2005 wrote:

[quote]goochadamg wrote:
My girlfriend says “If you’re ugly, you’re ugly. Muscles won’t make you good looking. You can’t change ugly.”

Sorry.[/quote]

Um what is your “girlfriend” trying to tell you and is it time to dump her?[/quote]

Was that some lame cheap shot at my attractiveness? I’m having a hard time trying to interpret what exactly you’re trying to say here. Clear it up for me.

[quote]goochadamg wrote:

[quote]attydeb2005 wrote:

[quote]goochadamg wrote:
My girlfriend says “If you’re ugly, you’re ugly. Muscles won’t make you good looking. You can’t change ugly.”

Sorry.[/quote]

Um what is your “girlfriend” trying to tell you and is it time to dump her?[/quote]

Was that some lame cheap shot at my attractiveness? I’m having a hard time trying to interpret what exactly you’re trying to say here. Clear it up for me.[/quote]
She just wants you. I thought it was obvious?

As you get bigger, your self esteem is improving, thus you believe you are more attractive…

Lifting actually does make you look better, IMO. This is my personal theory: woman find a strong jawline attractive, as it is a sign of masculinity right? And, in fact, a jutting jaw is a sign of high testosterone in males. Now, considering the fact that lifting weights does increase testosterone levels, I feel that it does eventually lead to more masculine features, such as that large jaw. For me anyways lol. Now, I’m speaking from personal experience, and since I’m still relatively young, maybe that’s just my body maturing.

But, I have noticed that the guys at my gym who have some decent size on them (not the bench and curl crowd) do seem to have more masculine features, such as broad shoulders and larger jawlines than the pussies that don’t. And I think this is what leads to that more attractive “overall” package for females, as well as the self-esteem boost like angry chicken said. Well that was my my .02 lol.

[quote]The Greek wrote:
Lifting actually does make you look better, IMO. This is my personal theory: woman find a strong jawline attractive, as it is a sign of masculinity right? And, in fact, a jutting jaw is a sign of high testosterone in males. Now, considering the fact that lifting weights does increase testosterone levels, I feel that it does eventually lead to more masculine features, such as that large jaw. For me anyways lol. Now, I’m speaking from personal experience, and since I’m still relatively young, maybe that’s just my body maturing.

But, I have noticed that the guys at my gym who have some decent size on them (not the bench and curl crowd) do seem to have more masculine features, such as broad shoulders and larger jawlines than the pussies that don’t. And I think this is what leads to that more attractive “overall” package for females, as well as the self-esteem boost like angry chicken said. Well that was my my .02 lol. [/quote]

Causation vs Correlation.

I would assume it to be much more likely that men with better genetics and hormonal levels have more masculine features as well as better builds. The builds as well as the facial features would both be caused, or influenced by, hormones and genetics. I’m pretty sure that unless you are severely malnourished as a child or take large doses of HGH at some point your facial features are set from the moment conceived.

[quote]tmay11 wrote:

[quote]The Greek wrote:
Lifting actually does make you look better, IMO. This is my personal theory: woman find a strong jawline attractive, as it is a sign of masculinity right? And, in fact, a jutting jaw is a sign of high testosterone in males. Now, considering the fact that lifting weights does increase testosterone levels, I feel that it does eventually lead to more masculine features, such as that large jaw. For me anyways lol. Now, I’m speaking from personal experience, and since I’m still relatively young, maybe that’s just my body maturing.

But, I have noticed that the guys at my gym who have some decent size on them (not the bench and curl crowd) do seem to have more masculine features, such as broad shoulders and larger jawlines than the pussies that don’t. And I think this is what leads to that more attractive “overall” package for females, as well as the self-esteem boost like angry chicken said. Well that was my my .02 lol. [/quote]

Causation vs Correlation.

I would assume it to be much more likely that men with better genetics and hormonal levels have more masculine features as well as better builds. The builds as well as the facial features would both be caused, or influenced by, hormones and genetics. I’m pretty sure that unless you are severely malnourished as a child or take large doses of HGH at some point your facial features are set from the moment conceived. [/quote]

It’s true … i’m on the left

[quote]angry chicken wrote:
As you get bigger, your self esteem is improving, thus you believe you are more attractive…[/quote]

AC hit the nail on the head.

Weight lifting itself does not make you better looking. Gaining muscle and losing fat will make anyone’s face look better though.

[quote]goochadamg wrote:

[quote]attydeb2005 wrote:

[quote]goochadamg wrote:
My girlfriend says “If you’re ugly, you’re ugly. Muscles won’t make you good looking. You can’t change ugly.”

Sorry.[/quote]

Um what is your “girlfriend” trying to tell you and is it time to dump her?[/quote]

Was that some lame cheap shot at my attractiveness? I’m having a hard time trying to interpret what exactly you’re trying to say here. Clear it up for me.[/quote]

I don’t know anything about your attractiveness. Did she mean people in general can’t change ugly with muscles or was she saying you are ugly?

I’ve noticed that my jaw has got slightly wider and my temples are slightly bigger over the past year or so.

Probably because of all the fucking meat im constantly chewing on.