[quote]SLAINGE wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]silverblood wrote:

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:
You know what causes low test?

Unwanted pregnancies.

Get snipped.[/quote]
x2
It’s no big deal. I had the doc set up the mirrors so that I could watch it. Was a trip since he had given me a shot of happy juice before numbing the area. Even offered to put the pieces of tube he snipped out in a jar for me to take home. He went above and beyond what most docs do because he had a vasectomy that grew back.[/quote]
I had mine done at 20 and Doc showed me the section he took out to let me know it would not grow back. [/quote]

Jesus Derek did you just say you got the snip at 20!

My mate just inquired (he’s 35 with two sprogs) and the Doc wouldn’t do it. He said wait until your at least 40 then come back to me. Something to do with the possibility of marriage breakdown and wanting a second family with a new bird etc. I have heard this said before…

[/quote]
I started in the medical field when I was 18 years old, by 20 I had a girl and a boy. I was done having kids. So I got a surgeon friend to snip me at 20. I did get a divorce and ended up marrying a lady with 3 kids.

Karma is real[/quote]

Wow brave man getting snipped at 20! I have 3 kids now and its no joke. I definitely do not want anymore unless I win the lotto or something and can afford not to work and give them the time they need. Two parents working different shifts, running around like headless chickens is a major headache.

A Vasectomy is on my horizon for sure but I was very apprehensive about the whole thing, some irrational notion I would become effeminate and a depressed wreck like in the episode from Malcolm in the Middle where Lois imagines all the boys as girls and Hal ends up emotionally unstable, crying and eating chocolate lol[/quote]
Nope it is actually very liberating was great after my divorce in nursing school knowing I am shooting blanks.

I’m getting this done very soon. I’ll be 35 in one month, have a 2 year old son and my daughter was born last week. So, I’m done with making babies. Didn’t think there would be any long-term side effects but I’m happy to see this thread is up and discussing it.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]SLAINGE wrote:

A Vasectomy is on my horizon for sure but I was very apprehensive about the whole thing, some irrational notion I would become effeminate and a depressed wreck …[/quote]
Nope it is actually very liberating was great after my divorce in nursing school knowing I am shooting blanks. [/quote]

I agree with Derek.

There is certainly a little bit of a mind fuck at first, and intermittently going forward, however, that tends to fade quickly with the fact you are free of having to worry about making more babies, lol.

It allows one to just relax, and not have to worry about that one unintended consequence of having a good time.

So, scalpel procedure, or no scalpel? Pros and cons of each from those in the know?

[quote]cueball wrote:
So, scalpel procedure, or no scalpel? Pros and cons of each from those in the know?

[/quote]

I got the “scalpel” but it is hard to even call it that. It is a tiny hole, and you don’t feel a damn thing after they shoot your bad with numbing agent.

It’s basically like getting kicked in the nuts by an MMA fighter. The first two days, worst case, you’re laying in bed with ice on your balls, the next five you have a slight stomach ache, and you have to be careful with the boys as they are tender… After a week, its full on like nothing happened.

Thanks, Beans.

What Beans said. I had the no scalpel a little over three months ago. Some tips: follow the doctors advice. Go home, pop some Advil, put a bag of frozen peas on your balls and watch a couple movies and/or take a nap. Keep movement down for a couple days. If doc says no lifting for a few days/week, follow it. I did a bit too much and end up with more bruising and some discomfort than I should have. And for the love of God, don’t jump for at least a week. Imagine jumping now with a 5 lb weight tied to your sack. Yeah.

Lastly, don’t assume you’re sterile until you get tested and the doc tells you you’re ok to ride bareback. It took me the full three months before the swimmers were gone.

[quote]Tyler23 wrote:

Lastly, don’t assume you’re sterile until you get tested and the doc tells you you’re ok to ride bareback. It took me the full three months before the swimmers were gone.[/quote]

This!

You have to pop off enough times, or wait a certain period of times. I’m a huge pervert so I hit the pop off limit well before the time limit, but waited until I got a clean test before the wife would let me in.

Thank you 1and all for your comment on this topic , as this is the next thing on the to do list

[quote]Dallas6 wrote:
Thank you 1and all for your comment on this topic , as this is the next thing on the to do list[/quote]
How long will that take in Canada?

Not the procedure, but to get in to do it.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Dallas6 wrote:
Thank you 1and all for your comment on this topic , as this is the next thing on the to do list[/quote]
How long will that take in Canada?

Not the procedure, but to get in to do it.[/quote]

Not to long . just need to get in to see the family doctor and get a referral to urologist that could all happen in a couple weeks , then it all depend how busy he is.

He went above and beyond what most docs do because he had a vasectomy that grew back.[/quote]

Seriously doubt this. While not a doctor I have been snipped and talked to like…3?..doctors about this and it doesn’t happen.

[quote]sen say wrote:

He went above and beyond what most docs do because he had a vasectomy that grew back.[/quote]

Seriously doubt this. While not a doctor I have been snipped and talked to like…3?..doctors about this and it doesn’t happen.[/quote]

Very rare .025% but it does happen.

From a sexual perspective, did getting snipped affect the glory accompanied with busting a mean nut ? Did sex get any less satisfying ?

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
From a sexual perspective, did getting snipped affect the glory accompanied with busting a mean nut ? Did sex get any less satisfying ?[/quote]

No

No

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
From a sexual perspective, did getting snipped affect the glory accompanied with busting a mean nut ? Did sex get any less satisfying ?[/quote]

Absolutely not! In fact, it got better - no damn condoms and NO worry about pregnancy. I could just bust with reckless abandon the way nature intended.

[quote]Dr J wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

Absolutely not! In fact, it got better - no damn condoms and NO worry about pregnancy. I could just bust with reckless abandon the way nature intended.[/quote]

This.

Shit gets better, lol.

Sounds good, what’s the cost to get this done. Ball park numbers.

Just looked at my bill. Their fee was $850 (not bad for 15 min work), less a small insurance write off. I paid $500 for my co-pay/deductible.

[quote]sen say wrote:

Seriously doubt this. While not a doctor I have been snipped and talked to like…3?..doctors about this and it doesn’t happen.[/quote]

All I can go by is what he told me. 48 yrs old with a 18 mth old. He said that he checked himself and he was no longer shooting blanks. He also said he did do a paternity test.
When he started he slid a metal paddle with a wire leading to a machine under my ass and said it was a ground. He then snipped out @4" of tube, folded it over, tied it off, then cauterized it. It did not smell like bacon.
He said that if that didn’t work he was writing me up in a journal.