T Nation

Does Vasectomy Cause Low Test?

My question is simple. Does a Vasectomy cause low testosterone

Thanks

No, but I am sure there are studies out there that will have conflicting results. Some will say yes and some will say no.

Medically/Theoretically there is no rational reason why a vasectomy will lower testosterone

There is some evidence that your psychological state affects your testosterone levels. So if you worry about a vasectomy making you less of a man or some such, then it could theoretically lower testosterone.

As long as it doesn’t go to your head, then I would agree it makes no sense for a vasectomy to lower testosterone.

Getting snipped is awesome. It allowed the wife to get off the pill, which did horrid things to both her mood and libido.

The world has bluer skies post snip, at least in my world.

1 Like

You know what causes low test?

Unwanted pregnancies.

Get snipped.

1 Like

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:

Unwanted pregnancies.

Get snipped.[/quote]
x2
It’s no big deal. I had the doc set up the mirrors so that I could watch it. Was a trip since he had given me a shot of happy juice before numbing the area. Even offered to put the pieces of tube he snipped out in a jar for me to take home. He went above and beyond what most docs do because he had a vasectomy that grew back.

[quote]silverblood wrote:

Unwanted pregnancies.

Get snipped.[/quote]
x2
It’s no big deal. I had the doc set up the mirrors so that I could watch it. Was a trip since he had given me a shot of happy juice before numbing the area. Even offered to put the pieces of tube he snipped out in a jar for me to take home. He went above and beyond what most docs do because he had a vasectomy that grew back.[/quote]
I had mine done at 20 and Doc showed me the section he took out to let me know it would not grow back.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Unwanted pregnancies.

Get snipped.[/quote]
x2
It’s no big deal. I had the doc set up the mirrors so that I could watch it. Was a trip since he had given me a shot of happy juice before numbing the area. Even offered to put the pieces of tube he snipped out in a jar for me to take home. He went above and beyond what most docs do because he had a vasectomy that grew back.[/quote]
I had mine done at 20 and Doc showed me the section he took out to let me know it would not grow back. [/quote]

Jesus Derek did you just say you got the snip at 20!

My mate just inquired (he’s 35 with two sprogs) and the Doc wouldn’t do it. He said wait until your at least 40 then come back to me. Something to do with the possibility of marriage breakdown and wanting a second family with a new bird etc. I have heard this said before…

[quote]SLAINGE wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Unwanted pregnancies.

Get snipped.[/quote]
x2
I had mine done at 20 and Doc showed me the section he took out to let me know it would not grow back. [/quote]

My mate just inquired (he’s 35 with two sprogs) and the Doc wouldn’t do it. He said wait until your at least 40 then come back to me. Something to do with the possibility of marriage breakdown and wanting a second family with a new bird etc. I have heard this said before…

[/quote]
I started in the medical field when I was 18 years old, by 20 I had a girl and a boy. I was done having kids. So I got a surgeon friend to snip me at 20. I did get a divorce and ended up marrying a lady with 3 kids.

Karma is real

[quote]SLAINGE wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Unwanted pregnancies.

Get snipped.[/quote]
x2

[/quote]

We live in American, they will cut your nuts in your teens if you have enough kids.

That being said, I DIDN’T watch in the mirror, lol. I did crack a bunch of jokes though. Sorta hard not to when a nurse is holding your dong for an hour and you’re too numb to feel it.

[quote]SLAINGE wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Unwanted pregnancies.

Get snipped.[/quote]
x2

[/quote]

There’s a doc in my area who specializes in reversing vasectomies. His motto is, “When your second wife wants her first child.”

[quote]SLAINGE wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Unwanted pregnancies.

Get snipped.[/quote]
x2

[/quote]

There’s a doc in my area who specializes in reversing vasectomies. His motto is, “When your second wife wants her first child.”
[/quote]
I cant remember and do not want to speak out of my ass, but there is no 100% guarantee that a reversal will work.

Save your money both in doing the procedure and future child support.

1 Like

It’s 50/50.

I’ve been down that road and it’s not worth it from a whole lot of different perspectives.

Edit: Meaning, I’ve explored the possibility. I haven’t had the surgery. I came to the conclusion that if I wanted another child, I would rather adopt.

It’s 50/50.

I’ve been down that road and it’s not worth it from a whole lot of different perspectives.

Edit: Meaning, I’ve explored the possibility. I haven’t had the surgery. I came to the conclusion that if I wanted another child, I would rather adopt. [/quote]

My dick doctor told me it would be cheaper and more likely to work for them to just extract some swimmers from my nuts and make a test tube baby than try and reverse so I could do it the old fashioned way.

Even if you had a vasectomy, you could just have a test-tube baby like Countingbeans said.

Heck, maybe we should give every boy a vasectomy when they come of age. Think of all the benefits to society! =D

I don’t think it lowered my T level, but it sure as hell altered the volume and force of my ejaculate.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Why not use condoms?

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]SLAINGE wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Unwanted pregnancies.

Get snipped.[/quote]
x2

[/quote]
I started in the medical field when I was 18 years old, by 20 I had a girl and a boy. I was done having kids. So I got a surgeon friend to snip me at 20. I did get a divorce and ended up marrying a lady with 3 kids.

Karma is real[/quote]

Wow brave man getting snipped at 20! I have 3 kids now and its no joke. I definitely do not want anymore unless I win the lotto or something and can afford not to work and give them the time they need. Two parents working different shifts, running around like headless chickens is a major headache.

A Vasectomy is on my horizon for sure but I was very apprehensive about the whole thing, some irrational notion I would become effeminate and a depressed wreck like in the episode from Malcolm in the Middle where Lois imagines all the boys as girls and Hal ends up emotionally unstable, crying and eating chocolate lol

My brother decided to get a vasectomy as his wife was also having trouble with the Pill. Although childless he was over 40 and so it wasn’t a problem. Come the day of the op he gets snipped without a problem and then goes off on a shopping expedition with the missus. About an hour into the shopping the anaesthetic starts to wear off and he starts feeling a tad warm and wet down south. He looks down to see that his crotch is now bleeding like he needs a maxi-pad. This is not a sight the average lad is used too.

After stemming the flow of blood with a few towels he races off to see our sister - who is a nurse and lived near by. She has just gotten out of work and the last thing she needs to see is her brothers junk. Not surprisingly she lets him know that he’s popped all the stitches and he should go back to the clinic and get them put back in. He goes back to the clinic and catches the nurse just as she’s leaving. The claret has of course started to flow again. So the nurse is stitching all this back up and telling the silly bugger that he was supposed to sit down for a few hours not go walking around town.

To this day the mad bastard is still indignant that 'Nobody told me to sit down!'
My response was ‘Someone has just cut your nuts open with a knife. WHY did you need to be told?’