T Nation

Does Trans Fat Do Anything Good?

I had a guy tell me and then explain it in science mumbo jumbo that trans fat raises testosternone levels? is this true?

In a round about way, since they act like saturated fats in some ways, they may have a slight effect. I’m not personally aware of any studies on the matter, though they may be out there.

It’d be like using a belt sander to get rid of facial hair, though. Better ways.

-Dan

Some studies have found that monounsaturated and saturated fat raise testosterone levels, but polyunsaturated fat does not.

I have not seen any specific mention of trans fat.

Does Trans Fat Do Anything Good? Maybe, but the bad things it does to you are so bad that do you care about any little good things?

Sure makes fries tasty…

[quote]and1bball4mk wrote:
I had a guy tell me and then explain it in science mumbo jumbo that trans fat raises testosternone levels? is this true?[/quote]

NO!!! Do yourself a favor and find this moron, rip off his limbs and beat him with them!

[quote]lifter1 wrote:
and1bball4mk wrote:
I had a guy tell me and then explain it in science mumbo jumbo that trans fat raises testosternone levels? is this true?

NO!!! Do yourself a favor and find this moron, rip off his limbs and beat him with them![/quote]

Agreed. On both counts.

An excerpt…