Does Too Much Variety Hurt Gains?!?

hey guys currently doing a low volume push-pull-legs split. I have alternative workouts for both push and pull days like this:

Push A
Dumbbell shoulder press- 4sets, Barbell incline press 3 sets, side laterals 3 sets, decline skull crushers 3 sets
Push B
Seated Barbell shoulder press- 4sets, Dumbbell incline press 3 sets, dips 3 sets, side laterals 3 sets
Pull A
Pull-ups- 4 sets, one arm dumbbell rows- 3sets, machine row 3 sets, standing barbell curls-3sets
pull b
Pull ups- 4 sets, barbell bent over rows- 3sets, machine rows- 3sets, preacher curls-3sets

just wondering if too much variety in exercises is a problem?? am i better off just choosing one and sticking for it for a longer amount of time if so which workout(A or B) would you choose out of the push and pull routines above???

some extra information- main goal is mass gain, bring up shoulders.

thanks for your help appreciate it

In my opinion variety in exercise choice as long as long as everything is hit and the core exercises are compound is the key to a successful workout program. Keeps your fresh, your body guessing, and allows you to hit the same muscle differently from week to week.

I notice that different lifts seem to help eachother out.
Performing exercise (A) might make exercise (B) feel easier.
I will perform better or worse on certain lifts depending on what order i do them in a workout.
Variety proves to be beneficial, at least for me anyways.

I think if you do the same shit all the time you will definitely stagnate , especially if the gymnasium is the only athletic/physical activity you are pursuing.

keep the exercises similar so i could sort of gauge progress in terms of strength.
I just dont want to lose consistency in my workout if too much variety…

who else follows a routine with a lot of variety?? or do you have a more structured program??

would be intrested hearing your thoughts cheers

[quote]hitman12345 wrote:
keep the exercises similar so i could sort of gauge progress in terms of strength.
I just dont want to lose consistency in my workout if too much variety…

who else follows a routine with a lot of variety?? or do you have a more structured program??

would be intrested hearing your thoughts cheers[/quote]

Variety should be structured into your program. Variety is not just going in and doing what ever the hell you feel like. Its strategically picking exercise that complement the goal you are trying to achieve while allowing you to hammer weak areas.

main goals atm are to bring up shoulders and arms alround they are my lagging bodyparts.(note do trap/rear delt/calves after legs days)

for size should i stick to low volume like above, or do a split like 4 or 5 day with higher volume your opinions??

thanks guys