Does This Look Like Enough?

Hey everoyne, if i’m 171, 16 years old and doing WSFSB, plus MMA 3x a week. Does this look alright for food?
I wanna gain some weight…and move up to around 180-185.

M1: 7am - 250mL milk + protein shake, 4 whole eggs, 3 pancakes or 1 bagel, 2 fish caps + 250mL water, 1 banana or apple. sometimes raspberries or blueberries also

M2: - 10am - 2 peanut butter and jam sandwhiches on whole wheat, 500mL water, and some turkey bites (3-4) which gives 18-24g protein.

M3: - 1:30pm - Lunch (after workout) - 500mL milk, some power bar or something, 1 sandwhich with lettuce, and ham/chicken salami. protein shake also. OR Beef hamburger (35g)

M4: - 4:30 - Protein + carbs meal (changes sometimes) - either 1-2cans of tuna + protein shake (with 250mL milk) if not tuna - beef hamuburger - fruit (banana, apple, or pear) - and something else that has carbs. - Yams, potatoes…stuff like that. 2 fish caps + multivitamin.

M5: - 7:30 - 5-6 pancakes + protein shake + maple syrup (this is to gain some weight) maybe fruit also.

M6: - 9:30 - try to get a salad in, or mixed vegetables, cottage cheese, if hungry…just switch to beef hamburger (35g protein)

M7: - 10:30-11 (before bed) - cottage cheese, and some fruit. :slight_smile:

Well that’s it, how’s that measure up…I think it looks good…lots of carbs, and protein…to give me a gram and a bit more im pretty sure of protein per pound of bodyweight and also enough cals to help me gain weight. Thanks a lot

Are ya gaining weight?

try it out…if you start gaining, great…if not, then eat more…

simple huh!

I’m not trying to be a dick, but this is kinda funny…

If you have to ask… then no, it’s not enough.

[quote]DPH wrote:

simple huh![/quote]

lol

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
DPH wrote:

simple huh!

lol[/quote]

ah, i love this forum.

have you started this diet yet?

[quote]dl- wrote:
Hey everoyne, if i’m 171, 16 years old and doing WSFSB, plus MMA 3x a week. Does this look alright for food?
I wanna gain some weight…and move up to around 180-185.

M1: 7am - 250mL milk + protein shake, 4 whole eggs, 3 pancakes or 1 bagel, 2 fish caps + 250mL water, 1 banana or apple. sometimes raspberries or blueberries also

M2: - 10am - 2 peanut butter and jam sandwhiches on whole wheat, 500mL water, and some turkey bites (3-4) which gives 18-24g protein.

M3: - 1:30pm - Lunch (after workout) - 500mL milk, some power bar or something, 1 sandwhich with lettuce, and ham/chicken salami. protein shake also. OR Beef hamburger (35g)

M4: - 4:30 - Protein + carbs meal (changes sometimes) - either 1-2cans of tuna + protein shake (with 250mL milk) if not tuna - beef hamuburger - fruit (banana, apple, or pear) - and something else that has carbs. - Yams, potatoes…stuff like that. 2 fish caps + multivitamin.

M5: - 7:30 - 5-6 pancakes + protein shake + maple syrup (this is to gain some weight) maybe fruit also.

M6: - 9:30 - try to get a salad in, or mixed vegetables, cottage cheese, if hungry…just switch to beef hamburger (35g protein)

M7: - 10:30-11 (before bed) - cottage cheese, and some fruit. :slight_smile:

Well that’s it, how’s that measure up…I think it looks good…lots of carbs, and protein…to give me a gram and a bit more im pretty sure of protein per pound of bodyweight and also enough cals to help me gain weight. Thanks a lot
[/quote]

What happens if you accidentally have 550ml of milk?

At 16, I have serious problems with someone trying to be that anal about their food intake. The fact that it looks like you haven’t actually attempted to eat like this makes me wonder if this wasn’t just an attempt to show off your skills with a calculator.

[quote]What happens if you accidentally have 550ml of milk?

At 16, I have serious problems with someone trying to be that anal about their food intake. The fact that it looks like you haven’t actually attempted to eat like this makes me wonder if this wasn’t just an attempt to show off your skills with a calculator. [/quote]

LOL.

Good 'ol prof.

Welcome back.

lol wtf man…I’m doing this right now…I just put 500mL of milk just to give around how much I would be drinking…I dont really give a fuck if it’s 550mL or 600mL…I’m just showing what I’m doing right now…I’m not trying to make this shit complicated or anything, just wondering if this is GOOD or can be modified better, and by this I mean like should I maybe ADD some things, take out some types of foods and replace them with others. That’s all I’m looking for.

[quote]dl- wrote:
lol wtf man…I’m doing this right now…I just put 500mL of milk just to give around how much I would be drinking…I dont really give a fuck if it’s 550mL or 600mL…I’m just showing what I’m doing right now…I’m not trying to make this shit complicated or anything, just wondering if this is GOOD or can be modified better, and by this I mean like should I maybe ADD some things, take out some types of foods and replace them with others. That’s all I’m looking for. [/quote]

Then, as was stated, you know if it is enough by your progress. If you aren’t gaining any weight or strength, you aren’t eating enough.

Alright cool. One more thing…is 1-2 pounds per week a good thing, or should it be more/less?
Thanks

[quote]dl- wrote:
Alright cool. One more thing…is 1-2 pounds per week a good thing, or should it be more/less?
Thanks
[/quote]

It should be more or less based on what YOU…YOU ALONE…NOT ANYONE ELSE BUT YOU…see in terms of progress. If you gained more than that and it was mostly muscle mass, keep going. If you gain one pound and you train like a 5 year old Chinese school girl and only gain fat, then you obviously would change something, right?

Yeah that’s true man. Thanks. I’m gaining a pound a week, which is surprising cause of the MMA I have 3-4x a week…but I’ve never ate this much before and it’s working quite well for me :).

I would eat more on MMA days than, try to up the calories on those days, but 1-2 pounds a week isnt bad,just keep eating and keep training.

I agree with Prof X and DPH. The only thing I would recommend in addition is to ensure you are getting something post-workout and after MMA training.

Other than that just make sure you are making progress.

Nice, yeah I take the protein shake post-workout with lots of carbs, then an hour later eat a solid meal.

lose the turkey bites, nasty reconstituted rubbish.

save up and buy berardis gourmet nutrition,