Does Test Cyp SubQ Absorb the Same as IM?

I do 1ml/200mg once per week, I am supposed to do Gluteal but I have back issues and do not have the flexibility to do so and my wife passed out when she tried to do it for me. Instead I alternate thighs. You have to be careful and make sure you know what you are doing because there is a big nerve bundle and a large artery neither of which you want to hit, but it is super easy and takes about 30 seconds to learn the right spot.

IM does provide better absorption, and if your levels are stabilized where you want them why would you change anything?

There are several places you can do an IM injection, up to 1ml can go in a shoulder, up to 4ml can go into a thigh or gluteal, Hip is unlimited. All Dir.s have a personal preference, most will want you to avoid the thigh but only because there are some risks, but they all absorb about the same. Find what works best for you and do that, and talk to your DR. before making a change.

Really? Faster that subq, but both are 100% absorbed. Subq provides smoother release and steadier levels.

Do ignore everything that pgag86 has stated.

1 Like

I have been doing subQ for several years and never a problem. When I changed from IM Ventrogluteal it seemed to take a week or two stabilize but I used the same amount of Test Cyp per day.

If you’re taking weekly shots, divide them by 7 to get a daily amount. Then extrapolate that to how often you are doing SubQ.

I did every three and a half days at first, then every three days. Now I just do every other day. Reason? It’s easier to keep up with.

The only negative I am aware of for subQ is that it is difficult to draw into the tiny syringes. Usually it’s pretty slow for that thick oily test cyp to go into the 29 gauge needles. I pull back until the plunger stays back and let the syringe hang down between two books and check it later.

OTOH 29 ga needles slip right in.

Has worked well for me for years. YMMV

PGAG86 either you’ve got to be pretty ignorant to think SubQ after all the evidence is somehow bad advice. It’s probably some of the best damn advice I’ve heard in a long time on the topic of testosterone and subQ injections. Everybody has already said the same thing essentially about how much better it is. I think a study showed subQ could make your testosterone 15-20%. More effective, but I don’t know specifically the reasons or factswhich is why I’ll research it after I log out.

How much test can you inject sq at a given time?