Does Novedex XT Increase Testosterone?

a couple years back when i was still working for GNC i had th pleasure of meeting Rich Gaspari and what i got from our conversation on XT. Its raises test but its considered a anti-aromatase so of coarse your body has to convert test to estogen the product blocks the conversion so your body naturally increases the amount of testostorone its producing to try andd covert but it never does. (words spoken by his formulator)

In light of the two MLS players who recently tested positive for ATD,there is no question that taking ATD (Novedex XT included)will yield a positive drug test. It has also been reported that ATD contains a common metabolite with Boldenone, for which the players also tested positive.

I have read the detection time for Boldenenone is up to 5 months. Does this mean that taking Novedex XT, or any ATD containing compound will cause you to fail a drug test up to 5 months after its use?

Probably not. Compounds provided in non-esterified form don’t tend to stay in the system as long as esterified forms.

However, I can’t say for a fact that the detection time might not be long even so. The body itself esterifies some steroids to the extremely long-acting stearate ester. So if that were to happen to a significant extent with boldenone and if the analytical technique is extremely sensitive for boldenone, as it might well be, it couldn’t be ruled out in principle. Only practice would tell.

Bill, I have a few more questions in relation to this old topic:

1. There were actually small increases in estrogen observed in the Baylor study (20%). Is it possible that using immunological based assays, the observed increase in estrogen is also an error because of some estrogen related metabolite converted from the actual ATD?

2. You stated before that at higher doses ATD might be anti-androgenic. Does this mean that this product can have the possibility of causing gyno by any mechanism?

3. Is there any way you can tell whether or not a substance will bind to or activate the androgen receptor, or both by looking at the compunds chemical structure?

Bump

Thanks for the bump, I missed seeing your previous post.

On ATD perhaps yielding a differing species of estrogen being picked up on an immunoassay test as being estradiol,
a non-aromatized metabolite would not be picked up as being estradiol.

But if ATD is capable of aromatization by aromatase (I don’t know if it is) then maybe. If it were the product might likely be a 6-ene analog of estradiol which might well be picked up as estradiol. (Call it estra-1,3,5,6-tetraenediol or ETD.) Whether ETD would be estrogenic or not I can’t say for sure but it probably would be.

Not sure if potentially it could cause gyno from being anti-androgenic. If no one is complaining of it then I guess it is unlikely at the label dose.

There is no way to tell accurately by eyeballing whether a given structure will bind the androgen receptor, except that certain modifications to the parent androstane structure are known to always block activity, and some others are known to generally still allow activity, so in those cases where every substituent is of a type where there is such knowledge available, then one can have a general yes/no that is highly likely to be right but as to how potent it will be, only actual testing can provide that.

It’s not too helpful as I know almost no one will have the opportunity to do it, but even mentioning it gives an illustration: It’s really fascinating using a workstation that has the necessary programming to predict 3-D structure of a molecule, especially if it displays its ongoing attempts at optimizing the shape as it is working on it.

Take an anabolic steroid and add a substituent to it, and it’s fascinating watching the thing flex, in some cases all over the place, sometimes winding up quite different in shape.

There’s no way the human mind could predict the 3-D shape, nor if it could, to predict from seeing that shape how well it would bind the androgen receptor.

I believe Novedex XT is the top seller because kids think they can get away with using the product as Post cycle therapy. Its no mistake that they product is called novedex, which is nearly the same and nolvadex, the SERM used for real PCT. you must use a serm for pct, and its the misinformed who think novedex xt can be used after their steroid cycle. I think for test boosters better investments can be made in PRIME and Alpha Male

Bill,

Is the lack of rise in LH perhaps an indicator that Novedex XT at the dosages recommended does not have much anti-androgenic properties? When anti-androgens are inroduced, does the body then increase LH and subsequently testosterone in order to try and outcompete the anti-androgenic substance, in an effort for the body to maintain homeostasis? As we see with the increses in LH and testoserone production with Flutamide ( content.karger.com/ProdukteDB/produkte.asp?doi=10.1159/000125224 )?

It is hard to say if that itself shows it. How major a part of the equation (so to speak) of partial LH inhibition androgen is at normal levels, compared to estrogenic and other inhibition, is hard to say and may not be known at all to any precise extent.

For example, studies have shown that keeping estrogen at the low end of normal in obese men that had had low testosterone resulted in them having top-end-of-normal range free testosterone and in some cases supraphysiological. So clearly even top-of-normal free testosterone is not vastly inhibitory.

But how much inhibitory it is, I don’t know.

However, outside of that consideration I don’t expect “Novedex” HT is importantly anti-androgenic. That problem is seen with ATD doses much higher than necessary for good anti-estrogenic effect. True, such unnecessarily high doses were once recommended.

Gaspari Nutrition does not break down the mg content. While not necessarily a reliable finding, Googling brings up at least one post saying the ATD content is 12.5 mg/capsule.

If so, 1 capsule 2x/day would not be excessive and would not be getting into a range where anti-androgenicity was an issue, from what I’m told by a person who has looked into this quite closely. I myself have not taken ATD at over 25 mg/day. I did not perceive any problem of any kind at that dose.

On the flutamide question: humans would not necessarily be the same as rats in this regard.

One study on humans indicates that while flutamide gives some increase in LH, the amount is still normal:

So this would tend to suggest that at normal levels of testosterone, the androgenic component of inhibition is not so great, and if a highly suppressive dose of flutamide only gave modest change,

A very slight anti-androgenic effect from ATD might be quite undetectable in terms of LH, even at what might be an overdose in terms of antiandrogenic effect generally, if using an overdose, which I think 25 mg total per day is not.

[quote]TattoosNLifting wrote:
I believe Novedex XT is the top seller because kids think they can get away with using the product as Post cycle therapy. Its no mistake that they product is called novedex, which is nearly the same and nolvadex, the SERM used for real PCT. you must use a serm for pct, and its the misinformed who think novedex xt can be used after their steroid cycle. I think for test boosters better investments can be made in PRIME and Alpha Male[/quote]

Prime? What are you out of your mind? That thing is the biggest scam, ripoff, piece of turd, on the market.

Thanks for this thread, guys. I have been researching Novedex and it just didn’t sit right with me–sounded too good to be true. Now I know why. I think I’ll be quoting some of these studies soon on my blog.