Does More Cholesterol = More Test?

Cholesterol is synthesized into testosterone, therefore, you can’t have the great male hormone without it. Basically, if I consume more cholesterol (and yes, I realize that too much cholesterol is a BAD THING) does my body produce more testosterone if I lift regularly and recruit it.

too much cholesterol isn’t a bad thing, as eating it won’t increase your cholesterol.

It won’t really have much of an impact on T levels, since your liver will make all the cholesterol it needs.

Dont’ overthink this, eat meat, eggs, fish and you’ll be fine.

Love the cholesterol myth.

What Jehovas said though.

Jehovasfitness is correct… however if you do not consume enough cholesterol, you won’t produce enough Test… So don’t shy away from it, but there’s no sense in over doing it either

It’s too highly regulated from negative feedback to become an ultimate T booster, but I’d rather have to much then too little.

[quote]Fulford wrote:
It’s too highly regulated from negative feedback to become an ultimate T booster, but I’d rather have to much then too little.[/quote]

moar like buttons please

[quote]hungryone wrote:
Jehovasfitness is correct… however if you do not consume enough cholesterol, you won’t produce enough Test… So don’t shy away from it, but there’s no sense in over doing it either[/quote]
We don’t need to eat cholesterol at all, we can synthesize it.

Slightly off topic, but what is the reason/mechanism one would develop high cholesterol levels from?

tweet

After reading several Wikipedia articles, I’m still not clear on what base substance is needed for cholesterol synthesis. What do you need to eat so that the liver could synthesize enough cholesterol?

Paperclip - cholesterol is synthesized from acetyl-CoA. So there really isn’t anything specific you should eat; as you probably won’t be deficient in acetyl-CoA

theBird - cholesterol, in blood, is found packaged in lipoproteins. After a meal, there will be additional cholesterol found in chylomicrons which can vary widely depending on the person and meal consumed. This is why they test fasting levels. In a nutshell, anything that will cause over secretion or compromise uptake will cause elevations in cholesterol levels. For most sedentary people, high cholesterol is likely due to decreased low density lipoprotein clearance.