Does it Really F***ing Matter?

Seriously, does it matter what either one of these guys (Kerry and Bush) did 30 years ago?

Who the hell cares what Kerry did or didn’t do in Vietnam? He served. That’s it, no if, and or buts about it. Same with Bush; Served in the National Guard. Even Bush acknowledges his service was more honorable.

When Kerry got back he pissed a bunch of people off by protesting. He was 24 at the time and was not holding any political office.

The stupid ads on TV are getting on my nerves about stuff that happened when none of these guys were in office.

I wish they would focus on the issues WHILE THESE GUYS WERE IN OFFICE!!! Kerry’s been pretty liberal while a senator and Bush obviously has been a conservative. I lean more towards conservatism.

Anyone else sick of hearing about stuff that happened before they were born? (Born in 78). Does it really matter?

Thanks for letting me vent…

chrisrock:

You are a bright young man! I was born a good 20 years before you and I am also sick of hearing from the swift boat group. The same goes for Bush’s Narional Guard service. Enough is enough!

This is exactly what turns off young people such as yourself to the voting process.

I want to hear about Kerry’s voting record in the Senate. I want to hear about Bush’s record as president. In the end these are the only things that count. The things which they are talking about that happened 35 years ago, while somewhat interesting, has no relevance in this race!

Plenty of people protested the war as John Kerry did. Plenty of people got into the National Guard as President Bush did. ENOUGH!

When stuff like the shit that you’re tired of hearing comes up, it is questioning the candidate’s morals. There is more to the presidency than just prior voting while in office; there’s character, morality, and priorities to consider when casting your ballot for your candidate. RLTW

rangertab75

I am sick of it too… But and there is one HUGE but here… And it says it perfectly on the special forces against Kerry website: For as they say this is OUR battle. And we been waiting 30+ yrs to confront him on things he said and did.

KERRY HAS MADE VIETNAM THE CENTER OF HIS PLATFORM, NOW THAT IT HAS COME BACK TO BITE HIM IN THE ASS, HE REFUSES TO TALK ABOUT IT. HE CLAIMS BUSH IS BEHIND IT AND HIS ATTACK DOGS ARE ATTACKING THE VETERANS TO DESTROY THEM INDIVIDUALLY. FORGET IT, BUSH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS CAMPAIGN BY VETERANS AGAINST KERRY. THIS IS OUR BATTLE, WE’VE WAITED 30+ YEARS TO CONFRONT HIM TO MAKE SURE THE WORLD KNOWS HIM. OUR COMMENT TO GEORGE BUSH, JOHN McCAIN, JOHN GLENN AND THE REST WHO WANTS THIS TO GO AWAY, “BUTT OUT!” YOU HEAR THE POLITICIANS USING THE PHRASE “FOG OF WAR” AS AN EXCUSE NOT TO LOOK AT KERRY IN VIETNAM. THE FOG DOES NOT ALWAYS OBSCURE AS IT CAN BE PIERCED TO LAY BARE THE DEEDS OF JOHN KERRY. THERE IS A GREAT CHARACTER FLAW LYING THERE FOR ALL TO SEE. THE ATTACKS AGAINST THE VETERANS MAY REVEAL SOME FAULTS; HOWEVER, THESE VALOROUS MEN ARE NOT RUNNING FOR THE HIGHEST OFFICE OF THE LAND. KERRY IS WHAT HE IS TODAY AS HE WAS BACK ON THE GROUND IN VIETNAM. I DON’T THINK THE AMERICAN VOTERS WILL CONTINUE TO ALLOWS THE ATTACKS ON THESE HONORABLE VETERANS TO CONTINUE WITHOUT FURTHER NEGATIVE REPERCUSSIONS TO HIS CANDIDACY, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT IS KERRY WHO HAS SERIOUS ETHICAL ISSUES. WHY DOES VIETNAM MATTER? IT MATTERS BECAUSE IT SHOWS THE CORE OF JOHN KERRY. THE SWIFT BOAT VETERANS ARE NOT THE ONLY VETERANS AGAINST KERRY, ON THIS WEB SITE, THERE ARE SOME 3,000+ VETERANS WHO HAVE SIGNED UP TO OPPOSE HIM, THEY HOLD HIM IN ABSOLUTE CONTEMPT. KERRY PUT OUT THE ORDERS TO SIGN UP 1 MILLION VETERANS TO SUPPORT HIM; HOWEVER, HE HAS 2,000 (AND THOSE MUST BE QUESTIONED) OR LESS AND BUSH HAS 10,000+

And this will not go away. Once again there is a huge rally on Sunday at the Capitol on this issue…

You have to remember too how many of the vietnam Vets were treated when they came home. No huge parades or fan fare. Were never given the recognition they deserved for their service. Until the Vietnam Memorial went up. How the American people and press viewed the Vietnam War. How the people protested against the War, while they were fighting. All of this has been stirring in them for years. Just waiting for the time to speak up. And when John Kerry made his Vietnam service the core center of his camapign. That is when they went full steam into action. And they will not let this go, one bit. And to those Vietnam and other Vets, this is the most important thing to them.That they finally once and for, want to get the record straight, and get things off their chest. And for all they went through over these years. Let us let them have their say.

But I do agree with Zeb, more focus needs to be with the 19 yrs Kerry is a Senator. ANd more will come out in the weeks to come. Also Kerry and Edwards REFUSE to resign from the Senate!! They are still getitng paid (And Edwards), their salary, as Senators. And yet debates, and Congress is back in session, and Kerry and Edwards is on the campaign trail, NOT in the Senate…

Joe

I’m sick of hearing what happened 30 years ago as well.

There is a big difference, however, on why each party is dredging up the past.

John Kerry, with his limp-wristed french-like salute, made his 30 year-old military service a cornerstone of his campaign. He was proud to be the war hero candidate. He talked about it, wrote a book about it and brought his band of brothers onstage with him.

The swifties disagree with Kerry’s recollections and recantations of 30 years ago. They didn’t start the fight - but they didn’t shy away from it.

When have you ever heard Bush talk about his military service? Me niether.
The Kerry folks are bringing Bush’s record into the fight.

I guess my point is that the Bush camp would be happy to leave the military past in the past - on both sides.

It is the left that is throwing haymakers, just trying to get something to land.

I’m sick of hearing about what happened thirty years ago. What they are going to do in the next four years to deal with the likes of North Korea is what is most important to me.

I do think that Kerry pissed off a lot of his vietnam colleagues with his testimony before congress. He had to expect that to come back and haunt him. This morning I was watching a report about Bush’s national guard service and I am struck at how childish this is all getting.

I would like to be hearing detailed plans on what the future is going to bring, not accounts on which direction a boat on the Mekong delta was going thrty years ago.

So Bush blew off some of his national guard service. That’s fairly typical of someone in their twenty’s.

Kerry says he has a real plan that will work better than Bush’s. I’m eager to hear what it is, but he keeps changing to subject to bitch about swift boat ad’s. Which leads me to think he doesn’t really have a plan and he’s just talking shit and hoping people won’t notice his lack of specifics if he distracts them with this rehashing of thirty years ago.

We have troops deployed in combat operations right now and our would be leaders are bickering about three decades ago. It’s ridiculous.

Cool. It’s good to see I’m not the only one. I seriously hope most people are smart enough to look past the… past. I doubt it though.

Most people on the left will spew rhetoric about the the National Guard Issue. Most people on the right will spew rhetoric about the anti-war era of Kerry’s life.

I see that a couple of people here can think outside the box. I could care less who you vote for, I’m not trying to change anyones mind, just like to see people think before they vote!

I agree. Leave that shit to the past.

Concentrate on what the men have accomplished recently, and what their characters are now, eg. rich buffoon who likes golf and vacations vs. cardboard no-personality drip man with super-rich wife.

No, I don’t think it matters much.

BUT – YOU CAN’T POST THIS THREAD NOW WHEN NEWS BREAKS REVEALING NEGATIVE INFO REGARDING BUSH, AFTER KERRY HAS TAKEN A BEATING FOR THE PAST MONTH FROM THE SWIFT BOAT COVERAGE!

(note to Mods: sorry for yelling)

You just can’t request that Vietnam-era service not be an issue now, when it might currently be doing some damage to the candidate you support but it has already done so much damage to the candidate you oppose.