Does It Matter America is Looking Less and Less Democratic?

I hear you, the wise man built his house upon the rock exactly so he didn’t loose ground.

2 Likes

I think zep and OP are the same person lol.

2 Likes

At least the OP hasn’t used a form of the word “loose” about 9 times in the last month when he means “lose”.

Thank you English teacher!

What a derelict!

1 Like

Yep this is true at least in terms of influence.

And those wealthy donors who are using that free speech so effectively are “talking” so much so they can get something in return.

Please do some research on socialized medicine before you retreat to a fantasy world where you believe that sentence.

Just pick one. Canada for instance.

Oh no…surely you’ve read at least one Zep thread before?

2 Likes

The evidence is overwhelming. It is not even an open question. But your ideology dictates you to think a certain way. Including denying evidence and truth. Your position is embarrassing.

Plenty of other studies and resources.

Only fools and corporate shills deny this.

This is all I can think of when you say that.

It is you that lives in a fantasy world of “free market” economics.

Good find, but I can’t help but wonder how much of the outcomes are related to lifestyle choices, culture, extent to which preventative health is emphasized. I think the thing to do is look at the data for the countries that are most similar - US, Canada, UK. Even when you do that, the data doesn’t paint a pretty picture.

I don’t think there’s an easy answer. One on side of the spectrum, you could leave it all to the free market. I think free markets work great when it comes to commodities goods, but when lives are in the mix, I have reservations about leaving it up to companies that are driven by a profit motive. The incentives are wrong. I think, in general, free markets do a terrible job of pricing social costs into products and services.

On the other hand, you can leave it all up to the government (something like universal healthcare). But, again the incentives are wrong. The government is incentiviezed to spend money. There’s no concept of value for what you’re getting. You have to accept that when you leave a function to the government, there’s going to be signifigant waste.

Ultimately you’re picking between two evils. I’d like to see the same metrics, but for governmetn run healthcare programs (CHIP, medicare, Tricare/VA) compared to private.

Oh, boy…

giphy (14)

-Sent from my iPad

2 Likes

The comparison has already been done. Not only can one compare country vs. country, whereas the U.S. always falls short or you can compare the different healthcare systems within the U.S. where the “free market” system always falls short compared to the systems with more government controls.

http://www.healthaffairs.org/do/10.1377/hblog20110920.013390/full/