T Nation

Does Iodine Replacement/Thyroid Effect T Level?

I just got my Testosterone labs back yesterday- Total T 429 (Range 348-1197) Free 10.5 (Range 6.8-21.5) .

In October 2012 my total test was 329 ( Range 160-728 ) Free .197 (Range .091-.579)

First- because the normal range in these two tests is different, I cannot really tell if my T is the same, lower or higher- is there anyway to normalize or correct for the different normal ranges to see which way my T level is going?

Second- About a month or more ago I got a single injection of 100MG T Cyp from a Doc. If test #2 is higher than test #1 (when corrected for the different normal ranges) was a year ago could it be from the single dose from that single dose OR because of this:

I began taking my temps during the past month and found my morning temp to 96.3 (and not a single grain of iodized salt in the house), so I began taking iodoral and have been taking two tabs in the AM and two in the PM. My morning temps are still in the low 96’s but this Testosterone test looks higher (Unless it is the same or different when corrected for normal range.

Any thoughst KSMan?

Easy to suspect, impossible to know. How many mgs iodine total so far? Who else in your home is iodine deficient?

You have read the advice for new guys sticky?

[quote]KSman wrote:
Easy to suspect, impossible to know. How many mgs iodine total so far? Who else in your home is iodine deficient?

You have read the advice for new guys sticky?[/quote]
Only my wife in the house, but as I said up until I read your article, there was no iodized salt in the house.

I have read the advice for new guys and thats why I started messing with the iodine first. As far as how much iodine? Ill count whats left int he bottle and report.