Does Hypotonia/Low Muscle Tone Affect Gains?

[quote]ronki23 wrote:

Please enlighten me on how it works for the celebrities but not me
[/quote]

Um, they don’t list a twenty-minute walk to and from university as an excuse to stop training?

[quote]ronki23 wrote:

[quote]Matsa wrote:

[quote]ronki23 wrote:
Also,nobody tells me how these movie stars get in shape for movies as soon as they sign the contract.

Will Smith was tall and skinny and in a matter of months he changes his body completely to have a physique like Ali.

Christian Bale had an average physique yet in several months he changed his body to become ‘buff’ for the Batman movies (there’s a clear difference between his physique in Reign of Fire and Batman Begins)

We hardly saw Hugh Jackman shirtless in Van Helsing/X Men but by the time Wolverine Origins comes around, he’s pretty ripped/put some size on.

^I assume the strength/size gains from glycogen are what come first and only stay for the short term if weight training is not continued. I have a similar time frame as them and the movie stars transform quickly-I assume the pure muscle gains are what last longest.

[/quote]

It doesn’t work for you because you’re not Will Smith, Christian Bale or Hugh Jackman. These celebrities you’re talking about are all very gifted when it comes to putting on (or losing) size, some people are that way but most aren’t. Also, in movies you can make things look better than they really are, combine this with their ability to make quick gains and you’ll have something that looks even more impressive.[/quote]

You’re telling me it’s their genes that get them in shape? [/quote]

I’m telling you to stop comparing yourself to movie stars and focus more on what YOU need to do to get where you want.

As for what gets them in shape, it’s a mix of genes, drive and resources. They have a big role in a big movie that depends on them getting in shape very quickly, I guarantee you that’s a pretty damn huge motivation booster. They also don’t have a normal job so they can spend ALL of their time and energy on this goal, and they probably have access to great deal of help if they want it.

[quote]ronki23 wrote:

[quote]Matsa wrote:

[quote]ronki23 wrote:
Also,nobody tells me how these movie stars get in shape for movies as soon as they sign the contract.

Will Smith was tall and skinny and in a matter of months he changes his body completely to have a physique like Ali.

Christian Bale had an average physique yet in several months he changed his body to become ‘buff’ for the Batman movies (there’s a clear difference between his physique in Reign of Fire and Batman Begins)

We hardly saw Hugh Jackman shirtless in Van Helsing/X Men but by the time Wolverine Origins comes around, he’s pretty ripped/put some size on.

^I assume the strength/size gains from glycogen are what come first and only stay for the short term if weight training is not continued. I have a similar time frame as them and the movie stars transform quickly-I assume the pure muscle gains are what last longest.

[/quote]

It doesn’t work for you because you’re not Will Smith, Christian Bale or Hugh Jackman. These celebrities you’re talking about are all very gifted when it comes to putting on (or losing) size, some people are that way but most aren’t. Also, in movies you can make things look better than they really are, combine this with their ability to make quick gains and you’ll have something that looks even more impressive.[/quote]

You’re telling me it’s their genes that get them in shape? [/quote]

Good genes plus dedicated training = impressive gains.

Bad genes plus dedicated training = less gains but can still be impressive after some years.

Good genes, nearly unlimited money for quality meals/supplements, a personal trainer who wakes you up with a protein shake and gets rid of the groupie starlet in your bed for you, an Academy Award winning Lighting Director, and the fear of looking bad taking your shirt off when page 43 of the script starts filming = impressive celebrity gains.

Don’t forget almost all of these actors lose their size after the role is over because staying that big is a lifestyle choice, and it is not their choice. For you to keep growing you have to think like Professor X and never take more than a week or two off at a time in a decade.

The best thing you can do is stop looking at other people, read the sticky threads at the top of this forum, do as they say, do not look for a shortcut, and continue to do this.

Do not list University as an excuse either. If you want this, you can do both. Look at Sloh on this forum. He is huge, finishing up University with a 3.9 GPA, and likely heading to med school. I am not nearly as impressive as I haven’t been at it as long, but I too am in University, at or near the top of my class, and manage to get to the gym 4-5x a week, and eat. In fact, I’d say the gym helps me get good grades as I generally feel better, I can better deal with stress, it keeps me from partying too much, and I eat well.

You are either looking for shortcuts here, or looking for someone to tell you that you can’t be what you wish to be, so give up.

I don’t have any solid evidence on how actors gain mass in such a short amount of time, but I have long suspected that some minor chemical assistance may play a role. I would damn sure do anything I needed to do if I was offered 15 million dollars to look a certain way for a movie. The other factor here is that none of them are really that BIG or SHREDDED. 200lbs and 12% bodyfat is not terribly hard to attain for a person of average height if they know how to get there.

That point is moot, though, because you’re not an actor. You don’t have that kind of time or money. You need to work with what you have available, including genetics. If you’ll pay attention and do some reading, as suggested above, you can learn how to make the most of what you have.

It’s up to you.

[quote]JayPierce wrote:
I don’t have any solid evidence on how actors gain mass in such a short amount of time, but I have long suspected that some minor chemical assistance may play a role. I would damn sure do anything I needed to do if I was offered 15 million dollars to look a certain way for a movie. The other factor here is that none of them are really that BIG or SHREDDED. 200lbs and 12% bodyfat is not terribly hard to attain for a person of average height if they know how to get there.[/quote]

It seems like he’s taken actors’ physical prep to heart and assumed he can do the same (I personally believe that this is the cause of the slow bulk /stay ripped/ minimal effort mentality).

Looking at his other threads, I’m still undecided as to whether he is a troll or just misguided. Time will tell.

[quote]ronki23 wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]ronki23 wrote:

This is dumb. If you don’t have time for this, quit expecting to make progress. I don’t take time off like this. I haven’t taken longer than 2 weeks off in over a fucking decade. Here you are taking YEARS off yet whining about your progress made.

THAT MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE.[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you know what glycogen is?

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]ronki23 wrote:

[quote]ronki23 wrote:

This is dumb. If you don’t have time for this, quit expecting to make progress. I don’t take time off like this. I haven’t taken longer than 2 weeks off in over a fucking decade. Here you are taking YEARS off yet whining about your progress made.

[/quote]

Do you know what glycogen is?[/quote]

Glycogen= stored glucose within the muscle. First ATP is used and then glycogen is :smiley:

What I don’t understand though is that although movie stars get ripped because they have personal trainers, you can only exercise for X amount of time before gains stop or reverse.

Mike Mentzer even said that working out is like digging a hole, you have to wait for the hole to refill and get bigger:- of course he took it to that extreme but what makes a personal trainer so good that your gains accelerate-all they have to do is give you a diet & program. As far as I know, the only benefit of having an all-day personal trainer is for the motivation/a spotter in the gym

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]ronki23 wrote:

[quote]ronki23 wrote:

[/quote]

Glycogen=stored glucose within the muscle. It’s what is used with,and after ATP for energy.

What I don’t understand is how celebrities benefit from having a trainer all-day. You can only do X amount of training before gains halt. Even Mentzer describes weight training as digging a hole into your system and you having to wait for the hole to refill and get bigger before restart.

I don’t see what a trainer can do apart from give you motivation/a spotter. All you really need them for is a diet/program

[quote]ronki23 wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]ronki23 wrote:

[quote]ronki23 wrote:

Read all of this:

Then, do that for 6 months, without missing a workout, without missing a meal. If you have done what those threads say you should do, and you eat how those threads say to eat, and you still haven’t made gains, then ask questions. Until then, you are trying to take shortcuts.

Am I perfect? No. Have I missed meals and workouts? Some. Do I wonder why I am not bigger than I am? NO.

[/quote]

Glycogen=stored glucose within the muscle. It’s what is used with,and after ATP for energy.

What I don’t understand is how celebrities benefit from having a trainer all-day. You can only do X amount of training before gains halt. Even Mentzer describes weight training as digging a hole into your system and you having to wait for the hole to refill and get bigger before restart.

I don’t see what a trainer can do apart from give you motivation/a spotter. All you really need them for is a diet/program[/quote]

wow this is some sad shit.

why the hell are you worrying about other people? Let alone people with all the time in the world to achieve a goal and a pretty modest one at that if were talking about those three guys’ physiques.

Get your own shit together. Do what it takes to make gains and stop bitching/asking inane questions on the internet.

[quote]Eveson wrote:

Good genes plus dedicated training = impressive gains.

Bad genes plus dedicated training = less gains but can still be impressive after some years.

Good genes, nearly unlimited money for quality meals/supplements, a personal trainer who wakes you up with a protein shake and gets rid of the groupie starlet in your bed for you, an Academy Award winning Lighting Director, and the fear of looking bad taking your shirt off when page 43 of the script starts filming = impressive celebrity gains.

[/quote]

You forgot “Any genes minus dedicated training = shit gains”

Ok-I get the point now-bulk for more than 3 months/as long as it takes to get to idealweight with fat and then cut until bodyfat is down with minimal muscle loss. Keep it consistent.

What I would like to know is if I can get to 200lbs in lean mass/add another 10-15lbs of pure muscle (not fluid)-I would like to have 20-30lbs fat throughout the year.
^^Would a 220-230lb physique be achievable with a year/year and a half of training? I would like to build it through powerlifting/Rippetoes/5X5 2 times a week and once a week i’d like to do Olympic lifting. That way i’ll be big,strong and POWERFUL!

I would like to start proper bodybuilding (dedication to gym only) in 2012/2013 (if the world hasn’t ended by then!!!). Atm not only do I have University but I have a year of kickboxing tournaments ahead of me and the year after, I would like to try out Judo tournaments. If i’m satisfied i’ll start bodybuilding properly/if not, i’ll do 2-3 MMA fights (a loooonnnnggg way of that!).
^Hopefully I should be no heavier than 190 by 2012 if I do enough martial arts

Is 220-230lbs achievable without steroids/creatine? What about 240-250 (another 5lbs pure muscle)-is that achievable?

P.S. I have Gujarati/Indian genes-they suck!

[quote]ronki23 wrote:
Ok-I get the point now-bulk for more than 3 months/as long as it takes to get to idealweight with fat and then cut until bodyfat is down with minimal muscle loss. Keep it consistent.

What I would like to know is if I can get to 200lbs in lean mass/add another 10-15lbs of pure muscle (not fluid)-I would like to have 20-30lbs fat throughout the year.
^^Would a 220-230lb physique be achievable with a year/year and a half of training? I would like to build it through powerlifting/Rippetoes/5X5 2 times a week and once a week i’d like to do Olympic lifting. That way i’ll be big,strong and POWERFUL!

I would like to start proper bodybuilding (dedication to gym only) in 2012/2013 (if the world hasn’t ended by then!!!). Atm not only do I have University but I have a year of kickboxing tournaments ahead of me and the year after, I would like to try out Judo tournaments. If i’m satisfied i’ll start bodybuilding properly/if not, i’ll do 2-3 MMA fights (a loooonnnnggg way of that!).

Is 220-230lbs achievable without steroids/creatine? What about 240-250 (another 5lbs pure muscle)-is that achievable?

P.S. I have Gujarati/Indian genes-they suck![/quote]

It’s official. You are either a troll or not worth talking to. I’m not even being a dick, it’s just true.

Just an FYI for y’all, hypotonia is a condition with which A PERSON IS BORN! It is a medical condition that is NOT their fault, it is is disability. My four year old son was diagnosed with Benign Congentital Hypotonia - he has had it since birth. Not sure about body building, but it most definitely affects gains and progress in sports/physical stuff, etc. My poor son knows he’s different and ‘weaker’ but he doesn’t really understand why and it is heartbreaking for both us and very frustrating. He will larn to overcome it and compensate for it but it is a handicap that ‘normal’ do not have.

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]ronki23 wrote:

[/quote]

Um, they don’t list a twenty-minute walk to and from university as an excuse to stop training? [/quote]

BAM!!!

[quote]ronki23 wrote:

P.S. I have Gujarati/Indian genes-they suck![/quote]

I have white genes that also suck. However, I got a little bit of black in me cause my mother had a male whore for a father, though it might actually have been his child with an irish mexican who knocked up my mother’s mother.

But there is good news. A baby elephant will gain 20-30 pounds a day. Obviously you should convince a nursing elephant to allow you to suckle

fuck me. this lifestyle is WORK around the clock; busy people, professionals make time and don’t take extended time off. after 5yrs i’ve taken off a week per yr on average. usually it’s 5x week on a continuum.

if you cannot get from shinny to 200lbs and stay fairly lean, good fucking luck getting even bigger. i’ve heard if you think and talk about getting bigger enough you don’t even have to eat or work in the gym, you just grow…the power of the mind.

old thread is old. OP probably quit a month after his last post so this thread is moot… although still funny