T Nation

Does EO Erode Rubber Stoppers/Plungers?

This might sound like a silly question, but I remember reading a few times people mentioning that they thought their gear brewed with EO was eating away at filters and rubber vial stoppers. Didn’t think it was true, but it did stay in the back of my head somewhere.

When my injection area rotation gets around to quads or delts, I inject using a backloaded 1ml slin pin. I backload it using a regular 3ml syringe, which I fill completely and use it to fill 3 insulin pins.

This time the syringe sat around for 2-3 days before I backloaded the gear into a slin pin and injected my delt. What worries me is that my delt is still sore after 3 days and swollen. Not enormously swollen, but very noticeable to me. The reason it worries me is that I rarely get any pain or swelling at all when injecting 1ml or less of just about anything into my delts.

Now, my paranoia is leading me to wonder if the EO did in fact “eat away” at the rubber stopper of the syringe which means I could have injected a small amount of dissolved rubber.

I’m just being paranoid, right?

don;t know about the stopper thing but as far as i am concerned EO based gear is about the stupidest thing ever…there are alot of guys that are allergic to it so for a UG lab to do this they basically limit their customer base from the get go. The funny thing is they actually tout it and use it as a sellgin point YAY EO BASED … which translates to “we just eliminated 50% of our potential customer base”

I used it because I can brew painless 150mg/ml Tren with it. So far it has worked fine (until now, maybe).

oh i understand the reason…and for you it may not be an issue…of course to me it always begs the question so why not just shoot 2ml of 75mg/ml? On a good note (i guess) it may not be a big deal at all, years ago (prob 10 ) there was a very reliable guy that shipped form thailand in small “shampoo like” packaging and then you would simply filter and preload a bunch of pins…

.the ones taht sat a long time sometimes had “leakage” issues past the plunger so it may not be the EO at all. This was testoviron depot and sustanon primarily. Sombat or “the nocturnal winged creature” for the old timers out there is who i am referring to…one of the best of all time.

[quote]morepain wrote:
oh i understand the reason…and for you it may not be an issue…of course to me it always begs the question so why not just shoot 2ml of 75mg/ml? On a good note (i guess) it may not be a big deal at all, years ago (prob 10 ) there was a very reliable guy that shipped form thailand in small “shampoo like” packaging and then you would simply filter and preload a bunch of pins…

.the ones taht sat a long time sometimes had “leakage” issues past the plunger so it may not be the EO at all. This was testoviron depot and sustanon primarily. Sombat or “the nocturnal winged creature” for the old timers out there is who i am referring to…one of the best of all time. [/quote]
Interesting. The reason I would rather pin 1ml of 150mg/ml instead of 2ml of 75mg/ml, is because it seems like with quads and delts, injection volume has a lot to do with the pain I get. I know it’s different for everyone, just my experience. Maybe it means I need bigger delts and quads :slight_smile:

As for my “potential infection”, it is still pretty much the same. When I press on it, it kind of feels like a firm, spongy bubble. I’m keeping a close eye on it. If it starts to get worse I will attempt to aspirate it as described in the sticky and show up to the ER with the syringe of puss. The hard part will be convincing my lady to do it for me. Sounds like it will take two hands to do it, and I don’t want to mess around trying to do it with one hand - not with one of those huge 16-18g shanks stuck in my shoulder.

there are those rumors that eo eats away at the plungers. stoppers are a different type of rubber and i’m positive this isn’t the case with them. i’ve heard of someone that was testing this with a syringe and had eo or eo based gear in the syringe for many weeks and has said it was not affecting the plunger.

as far as why do ug labs use eo, well, many folks love eo based gear. it thinner and less to no pain from the gear. i don’t think but a small fraction of users have allergic reactions from the eo. in any case there are so many labs out there that it’s good to have the choice between eo and non-eo based gear.

EO?

Ethyl Oleate.

I am conducting my own experiment. I took a rubber stopper and put it in a jar submerged in pure EO. So far, a few days in, the stopper looks fine.

1 Like