Does DOMS=Hypertrophy???

They usually go with slow or accented eccetrics.
Thibadeau earlier wrote that Olympic lifters actually train with heavy loads 5 or more days in a week.

But they throw weights negating the eccentric part (as it doesn’t make sense to lower the load slowly during OL) and therefore do not experience DOMS as severe as bodybuilders do.
Usually positive signal that body is in state of turmoil, stress after workout.

[quote]dankid wrote:
Yes absolutely. If you aren’t sore, you wont grow. AND the search function is just there to fill space on the page.[/quote]

I disagree, this past year I put on 50 lbs on my frame and the only time i felt ANY DOMS was after layoffs. I would say that for some, DOMS is a good indicator of having had an efficient training session, but for me it doesn’t mean anything. I would’ve only had like 4 productive sessions in the entire year

If I stop training for a month or so, when I start again I might get DOMS from things that are usually nothing to me. After a week or so, no DOMS.

Possibly for a beginner, there might nearly always be DOMS when they are getting growth. Hence the myth that it is required for growth.

If I time my workouts well e.g 2 days on, 1 off, 2 days on, 2 off I will only get DOMS on the last day of the week or the start of the next week.

If I go alternate days, I get DOMS the morning of every workout day (which then goes when I workout)

Maybe DOMS means your body is expecting to be doing more workout, who knows.