Does Deca Bind To The Progesterone Receptor?

Does Deca bind to the progesterone receptor; and if so, would this cause an elevation in prolactin levels?

I read this comment on another site, but I’m not sure of its validity.

Thanks,

Crowbar

What up Crowbar?! No more man! I can’t take the progesterone, talk no more!LOL!

I will see if I can gather more info later on as I gotta get back to work!

This might turn into another interesting conversation, so hold on to your horses!

[quote]crowbar524 wrote:
Does Deca bind to the progesterone receptor; and if so, would this cause an elevation in prolactin levels?

Thanks,

Crowbar[/quote]

Yes it does and quite stubbornly too in some individuals. It can really bind hard in the hypothalamus and keep your HPTA recovery delayed for up to 6-12 months. Also it can cause the dreaded deca dick but that’s not guaranteed.

In my experience i have found that guys who cycled test and responded very favorably to it with no sides did not respond tha same way to Deca, quite the opposite actually.

The guys for whom test was too much did way better with Deca instead. This makes sense since Deca is used for those whom can’t tolerate tests androgenic sides in the medical enviroment. So in the end you should try both and build your experience from there, we all have a large degree of variance in how we respond to a given med, dose or duration.

[quote]Gregus wrote:
crowbar524 wrote:

Thanks,

Crowbar

Yes it does and quite stubbornly too in some individuals. It can really bind hard in the hypothalamus and keep your HPTA recovery delayed for up to 6-12 months. Also it can cause the dreaded deca dick but that’s not guaranteed.

In my experience i have found that guys who cycled test and responded very favorably to it with no sides did not respond tha same way to Deca, quite the opposite actually.

The guys for whom test was too much did way better with Deca instead. This makes sense since Deca is used for those whom can’t tolerate tests androgenic sides in the medical enviroment. So in the end you should try both and build your experience from there, we all have a large degree of variance in how we respond to a given med, dose or duration.
[/quote]

Good post Gregus! I don’t know why my brother (and really brother)wants to go on a just Deca cycle! I will show him your post, plus gather more information and hopefully he will add some Test along with it.

But you know how stubborn people can get when they have their heart set on a certain compound!

Gregus–thanks for the response. Do you have any references to studies which show that Deca binds to the progesterone receptor? Also, if it does bind to the progesterone receptor, would this cause an elevation in prolactin levels?

The reason I ask about studies is that many people are convinced that Tren raises progesterone levels; however, it looks more likely that Tren displays cross-reactivity with the progesterone receptor. That is, it causes transcription at the progesterone receptor, but does not actually raise progesterone levels.

Thanks,

Crowbar

[quote]crowbar524 wrote:
Gregus–thanks for the response. Do you have any references to studies which show that Deca binds to the progesterone receptor? Also, if it does bind to the progesterone receptor, would this cause an elevation in prolactin levels?

The reason I ask about studies is that many people are convinced that Tren raises progesterone levels; however, it looks more likely that Tren displays cross-reactivity with the progesterone receptor. That is, it causes transcription at the progesterone receptor, but does not actually raise progesterone levels.

Thanks,

Crowbar[/quote]

Sorry no studies i can reference just like that. I can get them if you really want me to. Now Deca and prolactin elevation, this is possible and some do actually get an elevated prolactin level while on it, not unheard of but the degree depends on the individual. The issue with tren is a hotly debated one but keep one thing in mind. The Nondrolone and Trenbolone molecule was derived from progesterone. This is why both can cause progesterone sides. Sometimes Tren can be an antagonist or an agonist to the pregesterone receptor and then it will be tissue specific. Places like the chest or breast. This can cause the dreaded tren induced gyno, something Nolvadex is useless against. But this is true in only a very small ammount of cases and can be dose/duration dependent.

This is a great thread, guys.

Gregus - your last post just boiled all down to the bare issues at hand. Great job of making this stuff a little easier to get wrapped around.

No problem bro.