Does Dairy Interfere with Z-12?

I have been eating cottage cheese before bed, about 90-minutes before bed, but from what I understand dairy can interfere with ZMA.

Is this the same for Z-12?

and if so, is there a different time table in taking the ZMA or Z-12 and eating the cottage cheese?

or should I just skip the cottage cheese and have some oatmeal or a banana or just Grow! Whey?

well the calcium in the cottage cheese will compete with the zinc in ZMA for absorption sites. From what I understand Z-12 has no zinc and is a different type of product specifically to help induce sleep. The magnesium in the ZMA will help with sleep as well but I don’t think it’s necessary to take ZMA only at night. If you are concerned about taking zinc and calcium together you could get away with taking ZMA at a different time of day.

[quote]SolidGround wrote:
well the calcium in the cottage cheese will compete with the zinc in ZMA for absorption sites. From what I understand Z-12 has no zinc and is a different type of product specifically to help induce sleep. The magnesium in the ZMA will help with sleep as well but I don’t think it’s necessary to take ZMA only at night. If you are concerned about taking zinc and calcium together you could get away with taking ZMA at a different time of day. [/quote]

Hey! thanks for the info. I will give that a try.

I take ZMA (every night) and on sunday night I sometimes take z-12. I wait 45 mins to an hour before having a protein shake, then bed.

[quote]redgladiator wrote:
I take ZMA (every night) and on sunday night I sometimes take z-12. I wait 45 mins to an hour before having a protein shake, then bed.[/quote]

Thank you

I appreciate the feedback.

I think I was confusing ZMA with Z12

I will give myself a better lead time with sleep