Does Beta Alanine Blunt GH Release?

I’m sure this has been touched on already, but I couldn’t find anything in a search. Not to mention the billion and a half threads containing the word Beta Alanine.

Taking into consideration that the buildup of lactic acid during training stimulates the release of GH and the fact that Beta Alanine is a buffer, does this effect GH release? Someone mentioned a study in another thread but never gave a source or link. If anyone has knowledge on this subject I would appreciate an answer or a point in the right direction.

Never mind. I found my answer.

[quote]inkcreep wrote:
Never mind. I found my answer.

[/quote]

Could you expand?

I read several studies and also found a thread on here that stated that BA doesn’t blunt lactic acid production but instead makes the muscles less vulnerable to it’s effects. So the lactic acid is still being produced but the effects of it on muscle fatigue is what the BA is working against. The bottom line is that BA does not effect the endocrine response of high intensity training.

Here is a study from Hoffman that I found on google:

“The effect of 30 days of beta-alanine supplementation (4.8 g per day) on resistance exercise performance and endocrine changes was examined in eight experienced resistance-trained men. An acute resistance exercise protocol consisting of 6 sets of 12 repetitions of the squat exercise at 70 % of one-repetition maximum (1-RM) with 1.5 minutes of rest between sets was performed before and after each supplemental period. Blood draws occurred at baseline (BL), immediate (IP), 15-minutes (15P) and 30-minutes (30P) postexercise for growth hormone, testosterone and cortisol concentrations. A 22 % (p < 0.05) difference in total number of repetitions performed at the end of 4 weeks of supplementation was seen between beta-alanine (BA) and placebo (PL), and Delta mean power was greater in BA (98.4 +/- 43.8 w) vs. PL (7.2 +/- 29.6 w). Growth hormone concentrations were elevated from BL at IP and 15P for both groups, while cortisol concentrations were greater than BL at all time points for both BA and PL. No group differences were noted. No change from BL was seen in testosterone concentrations for either group. Results indicate that four weeks of beta-alanine supplementation can significantly improve muscular endurance during resistance training in experienced resistance-trained athletes. However, these performance gains did not affect the acute endocrine response to the exercise stimulus.”

Yes. Either CP or CT mentioned that. BA is just a buffer.

cool explanation. I recently started on a supp that contains BA and was curious what effect if any would occur.

S