Does Anyone Still Play DOOM?

http://legacy.newdoom.com/downloads.php

Your a looser.

(Kidding!) - I haven’t played that in years.

I play Zdaemon multiplayer and tons of .wad custom maps. Doom is and always will be the greatest FPS game ever.

Blacksnake you are the man! Thanks for that, not played it in years but it was the first FPS after Wolfenstein that I looked forward to.

Both doom and wolfenstein give me the worst headaches after 30 mins or so of play.

I put Duke3d as the greatest FPS ever.

Anyone play Return to Castle Wolfenstein? THAT was incredible; not just nostalgic but the story and gameplay were awesome.

Best story driven FPS? Half Life (part 1), always.

Doom was great…check out the open source project on getting Doom/Hexen/Heretic to run on newer machines. Very cool.

Also, I downloaded an open source prog called DosBox that allows you to simulate a Dos environment (because the CMD line in Windows is NOT the same thing!) and to run games that cannot normally run on the fast computers of today.

There’s a site called abandonia I think that has all the old greats listed under ‘abandoneware’ with all their old reviews, music, manuals, etc. You can download quite a few of them now, many full versions.

(Mods: Hope that was ok to post)

Doom, fuck yea!

The though of that game strikes fear into my very soul.

I lived with some guys and all they did was play Doom and they did meth sometimes too. On meth they’d play that shit for 2 days strait. Then they’d crash and when they woke up, they’d start playing it again. If I never ever see that game it won’t be soon enough.

What’s really waked is that I hung out with them but hardly played the game.

[quote]Hagar wrote:

I lived with some guys and all they did was play Doom and they did meth sometimes too. On meth they’d play that shit for 2 days strait. Then they’d crash and when they woke up, they’d start playing it again. If I never ever see that game it won’t be soon enough.

[/quote]

But you did the meth, right?

Get System Shock 2, pronto!

EDIT: Oh, and Deus Ex too!

I have Doom on my iPod. Whenever dad sees it, he starts yelling that Wolfenstein is the only thing worth playing.

Back in the day id was just pimp. Wolfenstein, Doom, Heretic, all those games were just fucking brutal.

[quote]Nikiforos wrote:
Hagar wrote:

But you did the meth, right?[/quote]

A few times, but not much since I worked out a lot.

I came home one night after getting in a fight, very drunk on tequila. I was drunker than 10 Indians, angry, and beat up. My friend gave me a line of crystal. It burned like hell, but it instantly killed the effects of the tequila. That one little line had me spun out of my mind for I don’t know how long. The next day I felt like killing myself, got extremely depressed but felt better later that night. Good thing because my roommate who was also a friend need some counseling. He was so depressed that night, the guy was crying his eyes out. Yes, Doom, that wretched video game was involved.

Keep in mind that this when I was 19-20. Now I’m 33 and I only do meth before my Wed. leg workout.