Day3 A.M Chest
P.M Biceps
Day4 A.M Calves and asb
P.M Back(thickness)
Day5 A.M Shoulders
P.M Rest
Day6 Rest if tired or start over again

So Yes, I split it them up

Also, if I’m not mistaken, in CT’s very popular HSS-100 routine, you split up your legs.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
Really? I dont have a problem with it, its just a tough workout, exactly what my leg day needs to be.

Just because it doesn’t work for you doesn’t mean it won’t work for someone else. It works for me, but then again my body responds to very high volume.[/quote]

I THINK legs in general respond to high volume

Obviously there are exceptions, but I believe this is the general consensus.

[quote]Poetikaal wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
Really? I dont have a problem with it, its just a tough workout, exactly what my leg day needs to be.

Just because it doesn’t work for you doesn’t mean it won’t work for someone else. It works for me, but then again my body responds to very high volume.

I THINK legs in general respond to high volume

Obviously there are exceptions, but I believe this is the general consensus.[/quote]

I agree. Back too IMO.

I’m thinking about it…depending on if i do hamstrings or quads first, the second bodypart in this one-two punch is greatly affected, worse so if i do hamstrings before quads.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:

Just because it doesn’t work for you doesn’t mean it won’t work for someone else. It works for me, but then again my body responds to very high volume.[/quote]

Just out of curiosity are you lifts going up in weight or reps EVERY workout with this legs day? If so…then its working, if not…

GJ

[quote]Gymjunkie wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:

Just because it doesn’t work for you doesn’t mean it won’t work for someone else. It works for me, but then again my body responds to very high volume.

Just out of curiosity are you lifts going up in weight or reps EVERY workout with this legs day? If so…then its working, if not…

GJ[/quote]

Reps stay the same, increase 5-10 lbs each session pretty consistently. For instance, todays front squat was 2 sets of 340x8 off a box. So I think I’m doing just fine with my setup.

I used to do both quads and hams in the same workout, but I found that my legs responded better to splitting quads and hams into separate workouts. Splitting them up allowed me to hit each with higher volume and more focus for each body part.

With my currently quad day, there’s no way I could do hamstring exercises with any kind of intensity afterwards.

That’s just how I do it now.

my hams are usually still sore after my deadlifts right now so i just do 4 sets of hamstring curls on my leg day a few days later.

I mean, i believe that makes sense, sir.

There are exercises that heavily isolate either/or (for example HAM/GLUTE raises or legs curls, and leg-raises

But if youre doing DL and Squats in any form, youre going to work both, IMO

I’ve just recently begun splitting my legs up into 2 sessions, Hams in the AM and Quads in the PM. I happen to have the luxury of this much time so it works for me. It makes a huge difference, upwards of 10% more weight, being fresh again for the PM session.

that was in response to an earlier post, oops

but it still stands

I used to do a 2 day split because I believed that it should be:

-Front upper (chest, bis)
-Back lower (hams glutes calves)
-Back upper (back, traps, shoulders)
-Front lower (quads, ab/adductors)

And I gained decent mass on that program…in my legs. Unfortunately that program makes you very leg heavy despite the rationale that you’re splitting your body up “evenly”…you aren’t. My upper body is now lacking due to the lack of upper body volume, so really 1 day for legs at a sufficient volume will keep you cooked for a week for sure.

I do legs on two days.

Day 1: Quads Dominant: Squats as main exercise and I “try” to do either front squat or Hack Squat after. If Im too tired for one of those, Ill do leg press. I always try to finish with leg extensions cause it is easy but gets a good pump. I also do Hams on this day, so, leg curls and Glute ham raise type lifts.

Day 2: Hips/Low Back Dominant: Deadlifts are main lift. I do lunges afterwards, which I know activate the quads quite a bit, but they give me a nice stretch. I always do hypers on this day.

I do calves on both days to finish out.

I know there is a bit of crossover in here; but I feel fresh enough to keep up this schedule becasue I give 3-4 days in between each session (Day 1, Saturday or Sunday, Day 2, Wednesday).

[quote]Gymjunkie wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:

GJ[/quote]

I thought the goal was leg hypertrophy, not heavier weight. I can go up in weight every workout if I progressively decrease my ROM. Does that count?

[quote]Nominal Prospect wrote:
Gymjunkie wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:

GJ

I thought the goal was leg hypertrophy, not heavier weight. I can go up in weight every workout if I progressively decrease my ROM. Does that count?[/quote]

Dude wtf are you talking about? You believe that if you use progressively heavier weights you will not grow? You don’t try to increase the weight you do for the same amount of reps each session? Hm I guess I got my body to reach 255 lbs on accident by progressing with my weight. And who the fuck decreases ROM every workout to get that extra weight, good lord.

I’m sorry but after seeing your “revelation” post and now this, I’m just shaking my head.

[quote]Nominal Prospect wrote:
Gymjunkie wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:

GJ

I thought the goal was leg hypertrophy, not heavier weight. I can go up in weight every workout if I progressively decrease my ROM. Does that count?[/quote]

So weight progression is not important to hypertrophy. AMAZING REVELATION! So if someone who squats 225 for 6 reps now, then works their way up to 400 for 6 reps, their legs will not be ANY bigger then they were when they were squatting 225 for 6 reps.

So it IS the roids that make bodybuilders larger, that’s all!

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
Nominal Prospect wrote:
Gymjunkie wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:

GJ

I thought the goal was leg hypertrophy, not heavier weight. I can go up in weight every workout if I progressively decrease my ROM. Does that count?

So weight progression is not important to hypertrophy. AMAZING REVELATION! So if someone who squats 225 for 6 reps now, then works their way up to 400 for 6 reps, their legs will not be ANY bigger then they were when they were squatting 225 for 6 reps.

So it IS the roids that make bodybuilders larger, that’s all![/quote]

Duh, I thought everyone understood this by now. Remember, all bodybuilders are weak. All their gains are from teh roidz! If we keep repeating it enough times, it will somehow become true.

I think nominal prospect should just remove his account, no one will take him seriously now lol. I know I won’t be following any advice he gives me.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
I used to do both quads and hams in the same workout, but I found that my legs responded better to splitting quads and hams into separate workouts. Splitting them up allowed me to hit each with higher volume and more focus for each body part.

With my currently quad day, there’s no way I could do hamstring exercises with any kind of intensity afterwards.

That’s just how I do it now.[/quote]

Im the exact same, theres no way i could train my hams like i do now if i was doing them on a quad day. I know from my own experience and observations in the gym that people will put alot more of their energy into their quads if doing quads and hams in the same session. I dunno why but it nearly always happens like that. Id say spilt them up.