Does Anyone Read the Articles?

It sure seems as if noone reads the articles, however, the amount of asinine questions is probably small in relation to the huge amount of people who now read the site.

With that said, however, the new layout seems to place even more emphasis on the “community” and forum aspect of the site, which I somewhat dislike. I would rather there be more emphasis on the sheer amount of articles, both past and present, then new members and forums and blogs.

But again, with the amount of volume the site is getting now, dumb questions are to be expected, regardless of layout and information content.

What articles?

[quote]jstreet0204 wrote:
JJ wrote:
jstreet0204 wrote:
Can you eat these articles? If I pick them up will they be heavy?

Are you for real? Oh my jesus fucking god…!!

Do you not see any benefit in learning? piss off then.

Does your keyboard provide calories? Is your mouse heavy?

JJ

It was a joke man, get the sand out of your vagina. [/quote]

do you read them?

[quote] JJ wrote:
jstreet0204 wrote:
JJ wrote:
jstreet0204 wrote:

JJ

It was a joke man, get the sand out of your vagina.

do you read them?[/quote]

Do I need to? I’ve been doing this for over 20 years. So I have very few questions I need answered, but yes I read some of the articles. There are some good ones and some not so good ones. Honestly if you have every newbie read EVERY article they’d be no better off than before they read them because, like most people on this board they try to over complicate something that does not need to be complicated.

[quote]jstreet0204 wrote:
JJ wrote:
jstreet0204 wrote:
JJ wrote:
jstreet0204 wrote:

JJ

It was a joke man, get the sand out of your vagina.

do you read them?

Do I need to? I’ve been doing this for over 20 years. So I have very few questions I need answered, but yes I read some of the articles. There are some good ones and some not so good ones. Honestly if you have every newbie read EVERY article they’d be no better off than before they read them because, like most people on this board they try to over complicate something that does not need to be complicated. [/quote]

Agreed. Beatnik above you wrote:

Like I’ve seen from many others, he didn’t even train because of the information here. That is someone who has it ass backwards.

The articles here are NOT more important than getting your ass in the gym and actually gaining some experience.

Most of these beginners would be better off ignoring what they read in most of these articles and simply making it to the gym on a regular basis for one year at least.

I don’t come here for the articles either. Much of the information is regurgitated old info with a new name on it…like that whole “kettleball” bullshit that every newbie was foaming at the mouth over less than 5 years ago.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

The articles here are NOT more important than getting your ass in the gym and actually gaining some experience.

Most of these beginners would be better off ignoring what they read in most of these articles and simply making it to the gym on a regular basis for one year at least.

I don’t come here for the articles either. Much of the information is regurgitated old info with a new name on it…like that whole “kettleball” bullshit that every newbie was foaming at the mouth over less than 5 years ago.[/quote]

I honestly just skim the article titles lately. As of late, the current trend to sell books seems to be the “shotgun approach, compromise everything” mentality. You know, I wanna be ripped, world-class training capacity, not TOO much muscle, and obsess over some esoteric supplement.

This forum could use some moderation, i.e. move threads to appropriate forums, enforce some sort of excess flaming rules, etc. Don’t get me started on the sheer stupidity surrounding the tribunals…