Does Anyone Like TO?

There’s no denying that he is a supremely talented athlete, but his exploits on the football field are matched, if not overcome, by his arrogance. This guy is a class A douchebag.

Yesterday, the guy ran 2x, caught 7 passes and had the ball thrown his direction another half a dozen times, yet he still complained in the post-game presser about his lack of involvement in the offense and insinuated that if he was more involved they would have won the game. If he wanted to touch the ball more, he should have become a QB, not a WR.

I predicted in one of the preseason threads that he would become his old self again after signing the big, guaranteed contract in the off-season. I just thought it might take more than 4 games into the season for it to start. How long before his act grows tired in Dallas too?

DB

I am a huge TO fan.

He a baby.

I love how they pointed out last night during the NBC night game that almost one-third of the Cowboys offense yesterday involved him and he says that he needs to be involved more.

I want to like the guy because he’s a great talent, but then he just opens his mouth and makes me hate him again.

He’s like the cancer that John Travolta has in “Phenomenon” in that his presence creates wonderful results, but in the end, the person (in this case the Cowboys) dies because of him.

DB

TO is awesome!

They tried to involve him more but Rogers and Springs owned his ass all game.

TO is a gifted athlete, but what has he accomplished? Win a superbowl and then you can run your mouth and make an ass of yourself all you want, but until you have a ring keep your fool mouth shut. I also avoid ESPN like the plague whenever TO is up to something because the guy doesn’t deserve the disproportionate attention he gets.

TO is a pill, no doubt. He does seem to cry louder when they are losing. Yesterday’s loss was about the D. Improve the D and they will win more often. Frankly I don’t see the Cowboys in the Super Bowl w/o improvement on the D.

Definitely a gifted athlete but how he acts makes me shake my head. He has it all but is such an ass with a chip on his shoulder.

He may have a big mouth but I like hime because:
1 he is a tremendous athelete and competitor.

2 he opens his mouth about things like wanting more involvment in the offense etc. Even if we think he’s already involved enough, disagree with him, or whatever at least he isn’t running his mouth saying things like “I take plays off” or “I only care about playing on Monday Nights.”

3 The “problems” he causes relate more to being a cocky, competitive guy which I believe if applied correctly can be a great asset especially on a team like the Cowboys (the mid-90s Cowboys teams had alot of cocky SOBs and look how it worked for them 3 superbowls in 4 years.)

4 You may not like his personality but when have you heard of him getting arrested at a night club, selling blow or weed to a stripper, committing sexual assault etc. Save for the “pill swallowing incident” which was not model behavior, however I don’t think it right to chastize or demonize a person for having suicidal tendencies.

[quote]njworkoutguy wrote:

2 he opens his mouth about things like wanting more involvment in the offense etc. Even if we think he’s already involved enough, disagree with him, or whatever at least he isn’t running his mouth saying things like “I take plays off” or “I only care about playing on Monday Nights.”
[/quote]

Maybe he isn’t talking about taking plays off, but he’s called one of his quarterbacks gay and another a quitter. That’s a little worse than just wanting more involvement.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
njworkoutguy wrote:

Maybe he isn’t talking about taking plays off, but he’s called one of his quarterbacks gay and another a quitter. That’s a little worse than just wanting more involvement.[/quote]

There was also knock on him when he was with the 49ers that he would tip plays with his body language. They said that defenses would pay attention to his hands before the snap. If he was holding his arms by his chest, like he was ready to sprint, then it was a pass play, but if his hands were hanging lazily by his sides, then you knew a run was coming or the play didn’t involve him.

He’s a beast in fantasy football.

He’s egotistical, he’s a baby, etc but he is one hell of a football player, that you can’t deny.

4 You may not like his personality but when have you heard of him getting arrested at a night club, selling blow or weed to a stripper, committing sexual assault etc. Save for the “pill swallowing incident” which was not model behavior, however I don’t think it right to chastize or demonize a person for having suicidal tendencies.[/quote]

That’s true, there’s worse human beings in the NFL. Most of his problems are the media’s fault. He doesn’t deserve half of the attention he gets, and I guess when they stick a dozen microphones in his face he just says what he thinks. Still, you don’t disrespect a teammate to the media. If you have a problem, have enough class to take it up with them behind closed doors.

4 You may not like his personality but when have you heard of him getting arrested at a night club, selling blow or weed to a stripper, committing sexual assault etc. Save for the “pill swallowing incident” which was not model behavior, however I don’t think it right to chastize or demonize a person for having suicidal tendencies.[/quote]

Sure, he’s hasn’t done illegal things but that doesn’t mean he’s not an ass.

Here’s another tale from when he was with the 49ers. He used to frequent the Outback Steakhouse in Fremont. He’d usually come in with a huge party, like 15-20 people. They’d run up a huge bill every time and then he’d demand they comp the whole table. They did a few times, but after like the third or fourth time, the manager took him aside and told him that he wasn’t going to get comped anymore.

I had a few friends that worked there at the time and they said that everyone would fight over who would have to take his table, because they would essentially hog an entire section for a whole night and leave only a $5-10 tip for the entire tab.

I always love hearing stories about rich people being cheap asses.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:

TO is a gifted athlete, but what has he accomplished? [/quote]

Umm…caught more touchdown passes than anyone else except Jerry Rice?

[quote]sen say wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:

TO is a gifted athlete, but what has he accomplished?

Umm…caught more touchdown passes than anyone else except Jerry Rice?[/quote]

Jerry Rice has 3 super bowl rings.

Jerry Rice has 3 super bowl rings.[/quote]

He could also have ring around the collar. You axed what TO had done and I explained he’s in second place for most touchdown passes caught.

[quote]sen say wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:
Jerry Rice has 3 super bowl rings.

He could also have ring around the collar. You axed what TO had done and I explained he’s in second place for most touchdown passes caught. [/quote]

Yes you did.

TO was still a jackass long before he caught those 130+ touchdowns, and Jerry Rice is still a class act long after setting a multitude of records.

TO is a gifted athlete, but what has he accomplished? Win a superbowl and then you can run your mouth and make an ass of yourself all you want, but until you have a ring keep your fool mouth shut. I also avoid ESPN like the plague whenever TO is up to something because the guy doesn’t deserve the disproportionate attention he gets. [/quote]

Alienated everyone but Jerry Jones… shoot, those two are cut from the same cloth.

I have to agree with you.

And you know everyone on whichever team he’s on this year (every year) is cringing, just waiting for the even that sets him off.

He’s a disaster waiting to happen, talented or not.