Does anyone know any leg workouts to cure Patello-femoral syndrome?

You’re right on Goldberg. couldn’t have said it better myself. Remember ART is very skilled based. It is the otughest thing I’ve had to learn ever in my practice. Not only do you build a sense of touch that is bordering on the impossible, you must almost be able to see the lesions, the planes etc. with your fingers. All providers are not equal. I’ve taken the entire body and worked on six Ironman treatment teams. At one time I felt like instructing, but gave up the idea based on time considerations. In fact some of my experienced friends have more experience than some new instructors and assistants. Your chiropractor, Dave is excellent and has worked with it for ages. I was very proud that he was willing to refer me some pro athletes as patients. Don’t be afraid to find a different provider. But also remember mike Leahy himself told me once when I was frustrated with a case, the even he can’t fix them all.

I think you guys are misinterpreting what I’m saying. If there is a cartilage tear, how is ART supposed to help that? Is ART going to make that cartilage better? Perhaps ART can help not to aggravate the injury further. My point is, once that structural problem is fixed, then ART may be able to help prevent the original injury from happening again.

Example Hyok, i was treating a fella for rotator cuff syndrome. He was seeing great results after two treatments. The next time he came in he was on crutches, as a result of a fall duribg a bball game. he heard a loud pop , went down, and couldn’t walk. I told him he probably blew his acl , but I could work on the surrounding soft tissue. In 15 minutes I had him off the crutches and walking pain free. I immediately ordered an mri. He asked me also to get one on his shoulder. I had the results in a few days. Completely blown acl, shoulder tendonitis. He was more worried about the shoulder since he had some slight on and off pain. No knee pain. He did have it repaired which was necessary, and did great.
When we talk cartilage and meniscus, it can be a different story. There can be some disruption with minimal pain and dysfunction , if the surrounding soft tissue is fixed. Unless you’re an ART providr you wouldn’t know that there is a treatment protocol for the meniscus. Natascha Badmann, winner of the 98,00,01,02 Ironman had a similiar problem in 98. Her vastus lateralis was locking up on her meniscus during training on the bike. Mike treated her and she was fine.
This is the type of injury that routinely gets scoped. You’re partially right, but unless you get a great ART provider to give it a shot, you won’t know if the fix could have been simpler. That’s the reason some of us regular guys get know as miracle workers. It’s normal that we get more movement in joints in minutes than other methods due ever.
Soft issue is very underrated and very misunderstood. Very few if any medical professionals have a clue on how to treatit. This inlcudes most mds, dcs, pts, massage therapists etc. You have to approach soft tissue care as surgery not just rubbing muscles. Hope this explains things well. When well done ART doesn’t work, it usually is surgery, more rest, and strengthening that is needed depending on the situation. Just wish most of my patients were you guys, and would actually exercise.

I dont know if this was mentioned yet, but you could try running backwards. This is actually great for people with knee pain.
Hope that helps!

Dan Fichter

The Speed Man

Ok check it out. I just got these 2 ankle weights 10 pounds each. I jsut finished doing 10 sets of 10 (hold for 5 sec at the top) leg lifts with both strapped to my left leg (20 pounds total). Now my question is, is it ok do do this about 2 times A DAY for a month or should I do it every other day to avoid overtraining to allow it to grow? Thanks

I can’t beleive you suggested trying running backwards…my knee was hurting me and I tried this instinctively so I could finish my sprint workouts and it felt better!! What a coincidence…why is this?

bumping

I think it is because backwards running utilizes vastus medialis, which is responsible for counteracting the sideways pull of vastus lateralis and other quad muscles. Often knee pain results from muscle imbalance between these muscles.